Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  ALAN NIVEN: NO REUNION WITH IZZY AND ADLER. IT'S MORE LIKE VELVET ROSES
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALAN NIVEN: NO REUNION WITH IZZY AND ADLER. IT'S MORE LIKE VELVET ROSES  (Read 16563 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: March 17, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »

ALAN NIVEN: NO REUNION WITH IZZY AND ADLER. IT'S MORE LIKE VELVET ROSES

Former Guns N? Roses manager Alan Niven reckons cash is the motivation behind the band?s partial reunion tour ? and he says reuniting without Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler means it will be more of a Velvet Roses show rather than a classic GNR show.

In an exclusive interview with Eric Mackinnon of New Rock Times, Niven spoke frankly and openly about his thoughts on the forthcoming shows which will see Axl Rose and Slash join musical forces again for the first time in 22-years.

?We live in what the Chinese might call call 'interesting times', began Niven when asked why now? Why this year for Guns to mend the fences which divided and eventually splintered the Most Dangerous Band in the World. I wish I could tell you that it is incontrovertible that Ax called Iz and said "I have a handful of songs that we have to record and perform. I have some observations about the world I wanna get out there. I have titles like Demagogue. Illuminated. Armageddon. My Better Life. Think of it as Masonic Democracy. Lets get them done and, fuck it, lets get the old crew back together to take them on the road. Lets put that to bed at the same time. Unfortunately, all things considered, I can only assume that its only for the money. How else to explain the lack of statements about creativity, or even who the band is? ?How else to explain a ticket price of $1250 for row H.?

A signed drum head being auctioned off for charity in Michigan looks to have let the cat out of the bag at last on a confirmed line-up for the new era of Guns N? Roses. Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy Reed are joined by more recent members of the new Guns line-up Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer on drums.

The emission of classic-era stick-man Steven Adler, Illusion-era drummer Sorum and rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who Niven has openly described as ?the heart of GNR' in the past has been the subject of much discussion amongst fans.

And Niven agrees with the thinking all could, and should, be involved in some capacity.

?For that matter, without Izzy and Steven can it be called a Guns n Roses re-union? Without them it?s really just Velvet Roses. Why aren't those two included? Maybe there is not enough money to go around - after all, rumour has it that AEG are only paying $26,000,000 for two Coachella shows and two shows in Vegas. I can only guess at Izzy's position based on his Twitter postings ... and knowing him to a certain degree I'd say you'd find his answer in the lyrics of the two songs he posted. What is clear is that he was, originally, amenable. After all, he tried to get Axl to come to the RRHOF event. But if he's not going to be treated with equality and respect he's not going to be involved. Sad really, since he was, to my memory, the most crucial member of the band - the most adept at expressing the band attitude and character in song. No Izzy, no Guns. The obvious solution would have been to have Matt play the UYI material in the initial set, along with a couple of Democracy songs with Frank [if they made the set list], and then save some AFD songs for an encore with the original five together. That way you would let everyone contribute and guarantee two moments of extreme excitement in the night. It?s probably a financial decision.?

hihi rofl hihi

http://www.newrocktimes.com/news/2016/3/16/5ea8s42j4hj5qexgar3ddxu7kkok44

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »

do people not understand that IZZY is just being IZZY and doesn't want to commit to a full tour?!?!?!?!? how many times do we have to explain that and for Steven I get why Axl wouldn't want to fully include him because of the past being kicked out and that fact he might not be stable enough to do a full tour.

That being said I am optimistic we will see BOTH in these stretch of shows

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:42:02 AM »

People Believe This Is... BURGUER KING

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Annie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:45:59 AM »

The amount of bitter people who refuse to let go of the past never cease to amaze me. Who cares about this guy's opinion. How is he in any way relevant?  And for the guy who wrote the article, your rock journalism career is getting off to a stellar start-NOT!! Talking to bitter people with no current connections to the band and/or their current management is Pulitizer prize winning journalism for sure. Roll Eyes
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »

Nobody called it a "full reunion"  Roll Eyes. It's just Axl, Slash and Duff coming back together.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

Not that I care what Alan Niven says, but what where the lyrics to the songs izzy posted?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:30:57 AM »

For the record, has Izzy said why he isn't involved? No. So how do you people know "Izzy is just being Izzy and doesn't want to commit to a full tour".

Maybe Izzy wasn't ask..... Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 10:38:53 AM »

All Is MAYBE

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

If Izzy does not want to take part. Then it's his issue. I am sure Axl has asked him etc. Get over it.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »

While I'm glad to see Slash and Axl back together mainly as we all are... Niven is kinda right.

Without Izzy and Steven it really isn't a true reunion.

And yeah the media calls it a reunion now... so for that purpose we must address it here.

I never called it a reunion, well maybe a reunion in the sense of singer/guitarist with the worst bad blood ever getting back together.

I'm happy with the lineup, Frank is good and Richard is awesome. Lets roll

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »

While I disagree with a lot of what Alan Niven says (I personally like the mix of members) I don't think any of us could realistically argue with him about it being all about the money.
He's totally right on his observations of ticket price and stuff. I mean, it is what it is, but he's saying something we can't really not accept. It's about money.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »

Is it really about money?

I mean wasnt Axl the one pouring millions of dollars into an album without expecting anything in return ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 11:24:38 AM »

While I disagree with a lot of what Alan Niven says (I personally like the mix of members) I don't think any of us could realistically argue with him about it being all about the money.
He's totally right on his observations of ticket price and stuff. I mean, it is what it is, but he's saying something we can't really not accept. It's about money.

Niven is a bitter, butthurt little man, similar to some "fans".

He isn't relevant, credible nor in touch with what is happening, he clearly said Izzy was involved and writing with the band, when Izzy denied both- at this time.

IF it were all for the money, huge offers have been on the table for countless years for a GNR reunion, and nobody jumped at it. A regrouping was only announced after difficulties had been somewhat resolved.

And again, this has not been advertised, nor promoted as a reunion by official sources.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »

The amount of bitter people who refuse to let go of the past never cease to amaze me. Who cares about this guy's opinion. How is he in any way relevant? 

Alan Niven has contributed way more to GNR than Fortus or Ferrer ever will, so yes his opinion is very relevant.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 11:37:39 AM »

Quite a bunch of presumptuous shit, I dare say. This man has always been against anything that wasn?t AFD.

Hell has frozen over.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 11:39:28 AM »

The amount of bitter people who refuse to let go of the past never cease to amaze me. Who cares about this guy's opinion. How is he in any way relevant? 

Alan Niven has contributed way more to GNR than Fortus or Ferrer ever will, so yes his opinion is very relevant.

No, he has a former relationship with the band, is no longer relevant, is no longer connected, but keeps on trying to milk that for attention like Vicky Hamilton and Doug Goldstein.

Niven was wrong about Izzy being involved and writing with the band, and yet you choose to believe him on this?

Sure  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »

Wow someone is anti-Old Gn'R...

How does it sound to get it twisted up? To have someone twist your words around diva?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »

rofl rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »

Wow someone is anti-Old Gn'R...

How does it sound to get it twisted up? To have someone twist your words around diva?

Once again, I am a fan of GNR- all eras, all lineups.  Roll Eyes

I first saw GNR in the late 80's and have been a fan every since, I'm not anti-GNR anything.

I am anti - "fan" though, and anti-idiot.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:18:24 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »

No, its not a reunion.

Who gives a shit?  It's the best line-up in 2 decades.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: