Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 322751 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

hahaha  Grin

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

That's the real reason he was in Atlanta.  To get his body on east coast time.  So he could go back west and be 3 hours "early".

So 6 PM = 9 PM.  Tongue

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »

The Whiskey re-tweeted the blabbermouth article.   Which is weird. 

Not so much weird as a confirmation I'd say.
Not confirmation of anything other than: the whiskey likes $$ and free promo. Rumors of a huge act making a surprise showing could sell out a 2nd grade performance of pirates of penzance.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »

The Whiskey re-tweeted the blabbermouth article.   Which is weird. 

Not so much weird as a confirmation I'd say.
Not confirmation of anything other than: the whiskey likes $$ and free promo. Rumors of a huge act making a surprise showing could sell out a 2nd grade performance of pirates of penzance.

Hmmmm...what about a 4th-6th grade performance of Wizard of Oz?

FAMOUS ACT PLAYING IN MY TOWN AT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ON APRIL 16TH!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

Well... I guess I'm going to be up late hitting refresh a lot tomorrow night.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »

The official announcement of the Las Vegas shows included the following:

LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016) ? History will be made in April when Guns N? Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N? Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.

"What an honor to work with the biggest name in rock n' roll as part of the opening celebration of T- Mobile Arena,? said Bobby Reynolds, Vice President of Booking, AEG Live. ?Guns N' Roses choosing to return to the stage in their full glory, on the Las Vegas Strip to open T-Mobile Arena is rock n' roll history. This is going to be an awesome event and not to be missed." ?What better city than Las Vegas ? the Entertainment Capital of the World ? to see Guns N? Roses play together for the first time in 23 years,? said Dan Quinn, General Manager of T-Mobile Arena. ?The T-Mobile Arena was designed to host iconic events such as this, and we will provide guests with an incredible experience as they enjoy this historic show.?

I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed that they paid a lot of money to travel to Las Vegas to see the band "regroup for the first time in 23 years" only for it not to be the first show.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »

LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016) ? History will be made in April when Guns N? Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N? Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.

"What an honor to work with the biggest name in rock n' roll as part of the opening celebration of T- Mobile Arena,? said Bobby Reynolds, Vice President of Booking, AEG Live. ?Guns N' Roses choosing to return to the stage in their full glory, on the Las Vegas Strip to open T-Mobile Arena is rock n' roll history. This is going to be an awesome event and not to be missed." ?What better city than Las Vegas ? the Entertainment Capital of the World ? to see Guns N? Roses play together for the first time in 23 years,? said Dan Quinn, General Manager of T-Mobile Arena. ?The T-Mobile Arena was designed to host iconic events such as this, and we will provide guests with an incredible experience as they enjoy this historic show.?

I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed that they paid a lot of money to travel to Las Vegas to see the band "regroup for the first time in 23 years" only for it not to be the first show.

A lot of people should grow up... The Vegas crowd will see their first 'big production' show, and will get a nearly 3 hour show... If a warm up happens, you won't get the stage (screens, pyro, etc...), and you probably will get a limited set list. The first show will also also probably be a little bit of an adventure for the band.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:05 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

Around 7.
cc4sc
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

It crossed my mind too but "doors at 6pm" doesn't mean much.  That was for a fictitious act that isn't even playing.  Even if 6pm is meant for the Gn'R show, they'd probably start by doing a presser at 7pm, clear them out, then a 5-song set starting at 9 or 10pm. 

This is exactly what Velvet Revolver did at the El Rey (secret show) which somehow, I was able to get in to!
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:01 PM »

Yeah, I kind of doubt it.
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »

From MYGNR:

The My GN'R CSI Team has done some fact finding.....this is what we discovered....

1. Billboard stated that there will most likely be a LA club warm up gig and that it would probably be the Troubadour.  They announced that GN'R would do a 25 stadium tour back in JANUARY....well before anyone else.  So it's safe to say that Billboard's sources are solid.

2. A reliable source told member of mygnr that there will be a G N' R gig on Friday April 1st in LA at 6 pm.

3.  There is a Girl Rock School Showcase supposedly playing at the Troubadour at 6 PM on Friday April 1.  We could not find any Girl Rock School anywhere in the LA area.  There is a Girl Rock Camp who previously played the Troubadour.  A member from MYGNR tweeted them and THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE TROUBADOUR THIS FRIDAY AND THAT THEIR SHOWCASE IS AT ANOTHER LOCATION ON SUNDAY.

4.  The Girl Rock logo on the Troubadour's website is not the same logo as the Girl Rock Camp logo.  It is a generic picture used for various purposes but never for anything related to Girl Rock.

5. The first letters of each word in Girl Rock School Showcase are the same as the first letters in: Guns N Roses Secret Show.  Coincidence?  G N' R have a history with cryptic codes.  Think of the cover of the Spaghetti Incident.

6.  Diamond Dave announced that there will be a gig in LA and it will be on Friday.

7. Blabbermouth states that there is a rumored LA are gig on Friday and that some tickets would be made available to the public.

8. A member from MY GNR spoke to Hollywood Roses tonight and they told him that when Steven Adler cancelled the Whisky gig, the Whisky contacted Hollywood Roses and asked them to play at the Whisky on April 1st.  Meaning that Hollywood Roses is really playing the Whisky on April 1st and that Steven Adler will be somewhere else on April 1st.

It is of our humble opinion that the surprise Guns N' Roses Los Angeles warm up gig will be held at the Troubadour on Friday, April 1st sometime after 6 pm.  This is just an opinion and in no way should be repeated as a factual source.  We will know the truth by Friday!

-KK
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »

A lot of people should grow up... The Vegas crowd will see their first 'big production' show, and will get a nearly 3 hour show... If a warm up happens, you won't get the stage (screens, pyro, etc...), and you probably will get a limited set list. The first show will also also probably be a little bit of an adventure for the band.

If I buy a ticket for something I'm owed what was promised.  There was no reason to say Vegas would be the absolute first show aside from wanting to sell high priced tickets. Your last sentence says it all.  The first show WILL be a bit of an adventure for the band - which is what I paid to see! I'm flying to Vegas to see the first show. If I just wanted to see a polished GNR show I could have waited for the Detroit show and saved a lot of trouble.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »

Agreed. I'd like to say I was at the very first show but this is a different animal. If they do a few songs tomorrow night it won't change anything.

If it does happen I just hope to see some cool pics.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »

The sentence structure technically doesn't make sense and gets them out of any trouble. They are regrouping on the T Mobile stage. It doesn't say that aren't regrouping somewhere else sooner...

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »

If I buy a ticket for something I'm owed what was promised.  There was no reason to say Vegas would be the absolute first show aside from wanting to sell high priced tickets. Your last sentence says it all.  The first show WILL be a bit of an adventure for the band - which is what I paid to see! I'm flying to Vegas to see the first show. If I just wanted to see a polished GNR show I could have waited for the Detroit show and saved a lot of trouble.
Didn't people pay a pretty penny for the 2nd show in Vegas? They both sold out in minutes. Are those people upset they may now be seeing the 3rd show instead of the 2nd? Where does it end? People are getting awfully upset over a supposed secret warmup gig that they would have little to no chance of attending if it were to take place.

Now don't get me wrong, since I didn't shell out money for the 8th it's easy for me to say "what's the big deal?" But on the flipside, I'm not any less jealous of any of you attending the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or whatever number show. Consider yourselves lucky.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »

I don't understand people like you. How long have you been a GnR fan? Or been in the rock scene for that matter? Everyone KNOWS that there's usually always a warm up show somewhere in the week leading up to the first large scale performance. Generally only available for a select few and special guests, and to generate a buzz. What you are paying for is what you get: the first large scale, open to the public stadium show. Also, it's the Arena that chooses the sell the show as an exclusive, not GnR. 

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

Around 7.

hihi hihi hihi But only gets out of bed around 9....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Is anyone surprised there is a secret show? Come on! Think how lucky you are having tickets to Vegas. I'm sat in England, broke, no job, would have loved to be in Vegas! You don't know how lucky you are.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »

6pm??

Is Axl even up by then?

Around 7.

hihi hihi hihi But only gets out of bed around 9....
Nowdays he gets up around whenever.

I had to do it peace

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R