Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Time to bring Robin back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to bring Robin back  (Read 39304 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »

Robin has a lot of heart and loved the band so much, he quit during the process, only to come back and ultimately bolt before the album came out and never toured behind his own work.

Not sure this is a sterling definition of a team player.
Again, unfair. He worked his ass off in the album for nearly a decade, but the only time he got a real tour was in 2006/07. Im not sure you can blame the guy for not staying in a band with that much downtime.

Wasn't the RUMOR at the time that the way GNR found out that Robin had quit the band was when Trent announced in a press release or something that Robin had rejoined and was exclusively in NIN?

I remember being really really pissed at Robin for that! (still am even though I don't know if it's true or not)

As frustrating as the situation in GNR may have been for him at the time, IMO IF that RUMOR is true, it was unprofessional of him to not give GNR even the slightest notice he was quitting.  Even a simple "FUCK YOU!" and slamming the door behind himself as he left. 

But (as is being discussed in another thread) the fact that GNR chooses NOT to address the circumstances of individual band members departures/rejoining, we probably never will know the whole story/truth.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »

Robin has a lot of heart and loved the band so much, he quit during the process, only to come back and ultimately bolt before the album came out and never toured behind his own work.

Again, unfair. He worked his ass off in the album for nearly a decade, but the only time he got a real tour was in 2006/07. Im not sure you can blame the guy for not staying in a band with that much downtime.

Oh, I have very little doubt he left over the inactivity, delays, and general bullshit.  It's why everyone left the fold.

But his timing did not then, does not now, and will not ever make sense to me.  You stick around for 10 years, through all that nonsense...then bolt at the finish line.

It's like running the marathon but pulling up after 26 miles of the 26.2 and saying "you know what...I'm good."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

Oh, I have very little doubt he left over the inactivity, delays, and general bullshit.  It's why everyone left the fold.

But his timing did not then, does not now, and will not ever make sense to me.  You stick around for 10 years, through all that nonsense...then bolt at the finish line.

It's like running the marathon but pulling up after 26 miles of the 26.2 and saying "you know what...I'm good."

Problem with that analogy is that he didn't know he had only .2 miles left.  So, in his mind, maybe he's thinking, (1) I can keep running until god knows how long and maybe there will be a payoff or (2) say, "Enough with this running shit" (credit to Sean Connery in The Untouchables) and just hop in Trent Reznor's car. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »

He may have quit in 2007 already, at least a year before CD's release. And like Axl himself said before, he would rather be touring instead of doing "elusive promotion". But the band took so long after CD's release, it was already time for Robin to do another leg of the NIN tour. The band didnt hit the road more than a year after Chinese came out. So yeah, he kinda left the band at least two years before concrete plans on touring. Don't think that's so at the finish line as you made up to be.

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2016, 01:00:55 PM »

Everyone in the band was on 2 year contracts and Robin's ran out around the time TR gave him the call in 1999.

Robin toured with NIN for a year and was then back in a year after he went.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: