Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:45:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] April 8, 2016 ? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] April 8, 2016 ? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas  (Read 183011 times)
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #960 on: April 09, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »

Back in the day Axl would have just cancelled.

I've seen it all now.
i told everyone that i saw today who knows of my love for GN'R , this exact thingl  beer

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #961 on: April 09, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »

Hey Guys, This Version Brain Remixes Huh Amazing MELISSA & SLASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceIIov7ptYc

love

Am I the only one blown away by the fact that Duff did the backup vocals to this tune? IMO, and I've said this time and time again one of the biggest things missing from CD was the multitude of vocals from different members of the band.

Oh yeah..and the intro was kind of brilliant. That kid with a top hat might have a future in the biz yet  rofl

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #962 on: April 09, 2016, 09:43:39 PM »

love

Am I the only one blown away by the fact that Duff did the backup vocals to this tune? IMO, and I've said this time and time again one of the biggest things missing from CD was the multitude of vocals from different members of the band.

No! I was pleasantly surprised as well....Makes more sense this way. However, still a great tune Robin and Axl wrote! (I don't want to take away their credits, I am a big fan of the song Better)

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #963 on: April 09, 2016, 10:13:41 PM »

Pics from Frank

frankferrer66
DW son!!! @dwdrums @sabiancymbals_official @vaterdrumsticks @lppercussion @gunsnroses #thunderchucker #frankferrer66 #dwdrums

frankferrer66
My friend named Slash.. @gunsnroses @slash @vaterdrumsticks @dwdrums @sabiancymbals_official @lppercussion #thunderchucker #frankferrer66

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #964 on: April 09, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »

Pics from Frank

frankferrer66
DW son!!! @dwdrums @sabiancymbals_official @vaterdrumsticks @lppercussion @gunsnroses #thunderchucker #frankferrer66 #dwdrums

frankferrer66
My friend named Slash.. @gunsnroses @slash @vaterdrumsticks @dwdrums @sabiancymbals_official @lppercussion #thunderchucker #frankferrer66

Great Pics Wink

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #965 on: April 09, 2016, 10:44:10 PM »

Anyone know what that long instrumental intro was yesterday?

From some soundtrack maybe..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #966 on: April 09, 2016, 10:46:50 PM »

I was wondering that too. I've never heard them use it before.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #967 on: April 09, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »

Coma being performed live in 2016 with Axl, Slash and Duff in Full HD and 60 fps.

Now we don't need to imagine that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8178qAcRz4

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #968 on: April 09, 2016, 10:58:40 PM »

love

No! I was pleasantly surprised as well....Makes more sense this way. However, still a great tune Robin and Axl wrote! (I don't want to take away their credits, I am a big fan of the song Better)

wow, sounds way better in hidef than the periscope I was listening to. Doesnt even compare. That was so intense, I teared up and started laughing almost hysterically. So awesome to see the old band come together over these songs. Vocally that was the best version I've seen. Opening and solo were amazing too. Ax must be so happy to play cd stuff with them.

Back up vox were great too.

would we be allowed to make a thread containing all the videos from last night so we dont have to hunt then down?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:11:49 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #969 on: April 09, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »

The same guy who recorded that Better lostdream posted this nice This I Love. Now I can hear Slash much better and understand way more what he's trying to do. And I really like it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d81lUjKE68

Really prefer Robin's version. Its the "original" one. I wouldn't like the other guys modifying slash's solo, so the same applys, in my opinion. And besides that, it was the best solo on CD.
I prefer Robin's version too. When I said that I liked Slash's more I meant more than when I first heard it.

holy shit! same emotional response I got from watching that hidef better vid. That argument about crappy cell phone videos is definitely true, Axl and the band both sound differently depending on the camera.

is it just me, or is axl using more of an echo effect than before? whatever hes doing, it sounds great. some of the best performances I've ever seen from him happened last night.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #970 on: April 09, 2016, 11:44:04 PM »

holy shit! same emotional response I got from watching that hidef better vid. That argument about crappy cell phone videos is definitely true, Axl and the band both sound differently depending on the camera.

is it just me, or is axl using more of an echo effect than before? whatever hes doing, it sounds great. some of the best performances I've ever seen from him happened last night.
It does make a huge difference. Specially considering when you can hear everything more clear instead of just a uniform mash of a wall sound.

About the ecco: I noticed. I guess it's to better fulfill the sound because hes not using backing tracks anymore (which I trully think is for the best).

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #971 on: April 09, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »

Wow, the videos are all incredible.

I went right for the CD songs to see how Slash was.  Pretty amazing on TIL.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #972 on: April 09, 2016, 11:51:01 PM »

About the echo as a replacement for the backing tracks, I agree, it works much better this way.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #973 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:53 AM »

Anyone know what that long instrumental intro was yesterday?

From some soundtrack maybe..

I was wandering the same thing. Perhaps it's a snippet from the follow up to CD, or something Axl has composed? had the same type of vibe as the general.

Here today...ready to rock
GazT
« Reply #974 on: April 10, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

Happy days indeed!  beer 

I am in awe of this line-up.  For the first time since 93, I see a lineup that has the legacy, chemistry and skill to be deserved of the 'Guns N' Roses' name.  smoking The CD era songs even seem to take on a sense of urgency and appear more cohesive.

If this band can keep it together, I think the Slash/Fortus guitar combo will become something legendary in it's own right.  Both players have amazing skills whilst delivering an incredible depth of emotion in their playing.  This is something I always associated with GNR but felt the CD-era lead players lacked.

The GNR name is finally back on the top tier of rock n' roll.  It's less of a one man show, whilst at the same time it gives Axl a platform to deliver his best performances.

I'm so glad to have Guns N Roses back... Loving it.  smoking
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:48:11 PM by GazT » Logged
eyemojo
Opening Act

« Reply #975 on: April 10, 2016, 02:55:46 PM »

Remember when people used to say Slash couldn't play CD stuff..... LOL Hilarious

Slash's playing is truly sonic in these two Vegas shows. He demonstrates that he's one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I don't mind some of the technical playing but prefer an emotional one: But he demonstrates his ability to make the songs his own. I'd felt with his band he was going through the motions but am truly amazed by their total presentation. This new band seems to be an amalgam of the best of both eras- while looking towards the future.

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #976 on: April 10, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »

There was a lot riding on these shows in terms of public perception and I think they were and are so motivated to show what they can do together.  The feel and sound of the band is unbelievable.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #977 on: April 10, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »

peace
Pics from Frank

frankferrer66

frankferrer66

Great Pics Wink

Slash gave frank a huge hug as they were walking off the stage on Friday night ... Like he was giving him his stamp of approval ! It was cool.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #978 on: April 10, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »

Full set recording from Friday. Decent audio, bit shaky camera, far upperleft side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YgKQbAfjVw&nohtml5=False

GazT
« Reply #979 on: April 10, 2016, 04:36:03 PM »

Remember when people used to say Slash couldn't play CD stuff..... LOL Hilarious

Slash's playing is truly sonic in these two Vegas shows. He demonstrates that he's one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I don't mind some of the technical playing but prefer an emotional one: But he demonstrates his ability to make the songs his own. I'd felt with his band he was going through the motions but am truly amazed by their total presentation. This new band seems to be an amalgam of the best of both eras- while looking towards the future.

Hear hear!  beer
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: