Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 NFL Season  (Read 73738 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:39 AM »

Should they jump all over the vandalism left behind at Lambeau Field or the plane the Giants trashed returning home, causing passengers to wait on the runway for a good 2+ hours?

Yes.

And the team (and the league) should address both, as well. Fines, at least, plus damages.
Was that plane story fake news though? I've heard conflicting reports.

Hopefully we'll get some more competitive games this weekend, except for the Pats. If that game is close, something has gone terribly wrong.

Still conflicting reports.

Giants deny it (I mean...as you would sort of expect).

Airline says the plane had "mechanical issues on board" that necessitated the resulting delay (and, also, won't confirm the Giants presence on the plane, at all).

Multiple people who actually TOOK the delayed flight (bound for London) say it smelled strongly of booze, vomit, and caustic cleaning products...and say there was cosmetic damage throughout the cabin.

IDK whats what...but I think it's enough that the league should take a look, at least.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »

Steelers vs. Patriots it is smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2017, 01:58:10 PM »

Had to happen.  I think the Pats will be heavy favorites, but still, Pittsburgh is the last team they wanted to have to go through. 
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:30 PM »

Had to happen.  I think the Pats will be heavy favorites, but still, Pittsburgh is the last team they wanted to have to go through. 

No matter what, we're due at least one more solid temper tantrum from Brady like we saw last week, correct? Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »

No matter what, we're due at least one more solid temper tantrum from Brady like we saw last week, correct? Wink

If the Pittsburgh D plays the way it's capable (quick to the ball, good zone coverage down field)...I'd say at least one.

Brady is a good zone buster, and he has the personell to shred the Steelers secondary. BUT..his O line isn't the best. And those Pittsburgh pass rushers know how to find holes. 

Pittsburgh has to find ways to get the ball in the end zone....that's their biggest issue.

Pittsburgh won't win a shoot out.  But if they can keep Brady out of the end zone, and knock him on his ass a few times....they've got the best shot in the league to beat the Pats.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2017, 09:25:20 PM »

If the Pittsburgh D plays the way it's capable (quick to the ball, good zone coverage down field)...I'd say at least one.

Brady is a good zone buster, and he has the personell to shred the Steelers secondary. BUT..his O line isn't the best. And those Pittsburgh pass rushers know how to find holes. 

Pittsburgh has to find ways to get the ball in the end zone....that's their biggest issue.

Pittsburgh won't win a shoot out.  But if they can keep Brady out of the end zone, and knock him on his ass a few times....they've got the best shot in the league to beat the Pats.

The issue is the front 7 was Houston's strength, they had the #1 overall defense in the NFL (without Watt). Pitt would have to play out of their minds to disrupt Brady even in a similar fashion to what he saw last weekend. At Gillette vs. #1 defenses Brady is 7-0 with 14 TD's and 5 int's (after last weekend). As far as the O-Line... Brady was only sacked 15 times all year (obviously he missed 4 games, but at that rate even in 16 games he would be on the low end in the NFL).

As they say 'Any given Sunday'... I just don't see them stopping New England's Offense. Then on the other side of the ball New England has the #1 scoring defense in the league and the #8 overall. Obviously those stats are based on competition and strength of schedule, but I like the matchups for New England in this one.*

*Opinion of a Boston Based Homer  peace
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:23:33 AM by C0ma » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »

The issue is the front 7 was Houston's strength, they had the #1 overall defense in the NFL (without Watt). Pitt would have to play out of their minds to disrupt Brady even in a similar fashion to what he saw last weekend. At Gillette vs. #1 defenses Brady is 7-0 with 14 TD's and 5 int's (after last weekend). As far as the O-Line... Brady was only sacked 15 times all year (obviously he missed 4 games, but at that rate even in 16 games he would be on the low end in the NFL).

As they say 'Any given Sunday'... I just don't see them stopping New England's Offense. Then on the other side of the ball New England has the #1 scoring defense in the league and the #8 overall. Obviously those stats are based on competition and strength of schedule, but I like the matchups for New England in this one.*

*Opinion of a Boston Based Homer  peace

Oh, I think the Pats are going to win.

But I think Pitsburgh has the best shot in the AFC to beat them, in Foxboro.  I thought that right from the start of the playoffs.

Houston's d kept it a 17-13 game in the first half, don't forget.  But they looked gassed by late in the 3rd Q. 

15 times in 11 games is about 1.4 times per game, putting them toward the top of the league....but the Steelers force 2.4 sacks per game, putting THEIR defense in the top 10 in the league (Houston was 23rd....) in sacks per game.  It's an interesting match up.

Again, if the Pats score 30....that's not a game the Steelers can win.  If the Pats score 17?  I give the Steelers the edge in that kind of game.

By the By...not going to be all that cold in Foxboro this weekend....mid to upper 40's, looks like.

Together again,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »

Pretty solid preview from the ESPN crew Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3A6RxTjskI&app=desktop

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »

ESPN Lies!

I expect a good game and think it'll be close. Neither team was at their best last week and both are going to have to play better to win this week. And I think the winner of this game will most likely be favored in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots have historically played well against the Steelers. But, there's no Gronk this time, the Steelers defense is much better, and the Steelers are healthy on offense. So I think the gap has closed a bit. We will see by how much. The Pats are still the favorite, they're at home, and Big Ben hasn't been stellar on the road this year. It should be entertaining. I'll be there and am staying in the area overnight since it's the late game. I sure hope I'm in a celebratory mood post game and not in a hitchhike my way home in anger mood. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. Though last year I was quite confident heading into the AFCCG against Denver and that certainly didn't work out well. I'll be screaming my head off and Monday probably won't be a very productive day of work. I just hope it's a happy one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »

ESPN Lies!

I expect a good game and think it'll be close. Neither team was at their best last week and both are going to have to play better to win this week. And I think the winner of this game will most likely be favored in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots have historically played well against the Steelers. But, there's no Gronk this time, the Steelers defense is much better, and the Steelers are healthy on offense. So I think the gap has closed a bit. We will see by how much. The Pats are still the favorite, they're at home, and Big Ben hasn't been stellar on the road this year. It should be entertaining. I'll be there and am staying in the area overnight since it's the late game. I sure hope I'm in a celebratory mood post game and not in a hitchhike my way home in anger mood. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. Though last year I was quite confident heading into the AFCCG against Denver and that certainly didn't work out well. I'll be screaming my head off and Monday probably won't be a very productive day of work. I just hope it's a happy one.

Well....maybe that gap hasn't narrowed all that much. Wink

Steelers D just got out game planned (and outplayed).  They refused to budge from cover zone most of the game...and the Pats kept scheming the defenders off the ball.  They'd line up 2 receivers, run one of them right at the inside defender (almost to the point of illegal blocking...but not quite), and draw the inside defender off the outside receiver, who crossed their zone wide open. Outside defender stuck in their zone.  No help, no adjustments. All. Night. Long.

And the Steelers were never able to put any appreciable pressure (OK, ONCE...and Brady hit the deck) on Brady.

Again, by the 2nd half, the Steelers D looked gassed, too.

On D, the Pats seemed to know where the ball was going every single play.  Steelers ran their Plan A offense all night, and didn't really mix up anything. You CAN NOT DO THAT vs the Pats. ESPECIALLY once you know Bell is on the shelf.  The Pats are the best prepared (I'd say in some cases overprepped) team in the league.  You can not play 100% to your tendencies and expect to win when you are undermanned. Even fully staffed up.....you gotta keep the Pats on their heels and make them second guess your play calling and options. I know you can't ABANDON what got you there, but you have to at least switch it up a bit and make them wonder.  Once you let them get comfortable, you're dead.  And the Pats were comfortable all night long.

I'm picking the Pats to win the SB.  I think both offenses are roughly equivalent, but I think the Pats D is better than Atlantas.  I'm also not sure Ryan, or the Falcons coaching staff, can go out there and out think the Brady and Coach B.  Because the Pats are going to know your tendencies inside and out.  I feel like the only way Atlanta has a shot is if this the Pats D plays awful, and it's a 50 to 44 game......

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »

Looking forward to a real good game. In all of the pat super bowls they have never won by more than 4... and that was the Seattle scratch ur head moment...and the losses with the Giants were of course tight too.

So I like the pats to win too ... but definitely in a tight one.

I also worry about the gap between the coaching staffs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »

I really think this like all of the other Super Bowls in the Brady/BB era is going to be a one score game...

BUT considering this is #1 Offense vs. #1 Defense on one side, and #3 Offense vs. #27 Defense on the other, this has the chance of being a 3 score victory for the Pats. I don't see Atlanta slowing Brady down at all so that will be a 35+ point showing minimum. If the Pats can slow Atlanta at the start, get up early, force Atlanta to play from behind and make mistakes it could be the least stressful Super Bowl I've ever watched... I think that is highly unlikely, BUT it is far more likely than a blow out in the other direction.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »

Certain not betting against the Patriots .. and could see them pull away ...

I wouldn't underestimate the Falcon defense tho.... they have been playing much better than that 27th ranking.

That kid Beasley can wreck a game.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

I wouldn't underestimate the Falcon defense tho.... they have been playing much better than that 27th ranking.

He had 15.5 sacks and 39 total tackles (including sacks)... if he isn;t getting a sack he isn;t doing anything else on the field. The Pats O-Line this year had success against many of the sack leaders in the league this year. Beasly is like Chandler Jones, he gets sacks in bunches then disapears for games at a time. He had 3 vs LA, 3.5 vs Denver, but had games where he isn't even on the stat sheet.

Much like they will game plan for the Atlanta Running Backs (more important to their success than Julio Jones, more on that in a minute) they will focus on their only top tier defender. The Coach had huge success with this system in Seattle but he doesn't have the Legion of Boom. They play a zone that Brady can shred.

The key to this game is New England stopping the run. In Atlanta's 5 losses there running game was stopped cold. New England has the #3 rushing defense in the league.

If New England gets up early and changes the way Atlanta likes to play (just listen to the Freeman quote about how their "gameplan is set, its the same every week") New England runs away with this game.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2017, 08:11:24 AM »

My money is on the Pats , like everyone else...... But Ill be rooting for Atlanta. (I'm a Jets fan, so it is hard to cheer for the Pats.)

I dont want Brady to run out of fingers for his super bowl rings. I am curious when the guy will start to show his age.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:35 PM »

The Falcons D has played better of late, from ahead. That can be said for most teams. I'm not sure they could lean on their D to carry them to victory if their offense has an off day. I'd be surprised if the Patriots had trouble putting points on the board.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »

The Falcons D has played better of late, from ahead. That can be said for most teams. I'm not sure they could lean on their D to carry them to victory if their offense has an off day. I'd be surprised if the Patriots had trouble putting points on the board.

Sure ... I agree about the D carrying them ... they need to score ... we know Brady will...but they have just played great football all around lately ... and like we discussed, these Pat games tend to be close.

You and Coma also never think they are going to lose ...  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »

Sure ... I agree about the D carrying them ... they need to score ... we know Brady will...but they have just played great football all around lately ... and like we discussed, these Pat games tend to be close.

To be fair....they're playing the odds pretty well here.  They lose about 4 times a year, on average over the past 10 years and play, on average, about 18 games per year.  If you always predict they win, you're right about 80% of the time.

Can you blame 'em?

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2017, 11:29:56 AM »

He had 15.5 sacks and 39 total tackles (including sacks)... if he isn;t getting a sack he isn;t doing anything else on the field. The Pats O-Line this year had success against many of the sack leaders in the league this year. Beasly is like Chandler Jones, he gets sacks in bunches then disapears for games at a time. He had 3 vs LA, 3.5 vs Denver, but had games where he isn't even on the stat sheet.

I disagree, guys who can bring pressure like Beasley are always affecting a game even when they aren't getting sacks.  Non-sack hits affect the QB over the course of a game, constant pressure reduces time to throw and taking up 2-3 blockers makes it easier on the rest of the defense.  He's not as effective against the run, but I think the Falcons would prefer the Pats to run instead of pass.  

Anyway, I'll go against the odds and pick the Falcons to pull off the upset.  If the defense can limit Pats scoring to somewhere in the 20s, like they did with a red-hot Aaron Rodgers and the Pack, I think they'll win.  
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »

To be fair....they're playing the odds pretty well here.  They lose about 4 times a year, on average over the past 10 years and play, on average, about 18 games per year.  If you always predict they win, you're right about 80% of the time.

Can you blame 'em?

Absolutely not ... I think they will win too .. but a close one.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: