Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85300 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »

You're right about Green. I thought very early on if the Warriors win this one it'll be because of Green because Thompson and Curry were way off. Now we turn our attention to the draft and free agency. Durant is already set to meet with the Warriors, Nowitzki has opted out. Some others too have opted out from the Knicks but their names escape me at the moment. What's everyone's thoughts on where Dirk and Kevin end up?
I'd love for Durant to come to the Celtics, but I think he's likely to stay in OKC. He can maximize his monetary value there and they've got a contending team. Dirk may want another shot at a title, if so he'd probably be better off leaving Dallas. Would he take less for a chance at a title?
I think he'll stay too. They got a good team there in OKC. They just have to learn not to revert to hero ball when things get tough. If they had stuck to the game plan they would've been playing the Cavs and absolutely could've won. With Dirk it's just what is more important being loyal to the only team he's played for or another title shot. I'd lean towards the latter. If it is the latter his best bets are likely Cleveland, OKC or GS.
Yeah, it sounds like every player wants to go to GS or Cleveland. It's what the NBA has become, and frankly has been for as long as I can remember. It's the same teams every year until their run ends, then another group of teams takes over. In all honesty, fans of all but a handful of teams enter each season with pretty much no chance at a championship. As a fan of one of those teams, it's hard to get psyched for next season. The Celtics have a boatload of assets, 8 draft picks including 3 first rounders and the 3rd overall pick. They have the Nets 1st rounder the next two years, and they desperately want to turn some of that in for an established star. It's not looking likely, so they better hit on the guys they draft and stash a few Euoropean players for the future. Maybe once Cleveland and Golden State's run ends, they could then maybe become a factor. But that could be 5 years or more. But until then, an overwhelming majority of teams in the NBA will be playing for 2nd place in their respective conference at best.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2016, 11:07:40 AM »

I think he'll stay too. They got a good team there in OKC. They just have to learn not to revert to hero ball when things get tough. If they had stuck to the game plan they would've been playing the Cavs and absolutely could've won. With Dirk it's just what is more important being loyal to the only team he's played for or another title shot. I'd lean towards the latter. If it is the latter his best bets are likely Cleveland, OKC or GS.

1) The only way KD leaves is if he goes to LA (possibly with some other pieces....I keep hearing Lebron might go, too...which would be weird) or GS.  I'm not sure his game fits well with GS, as great as it sounds to add him to that team.  He'd have to live off long rebounds, because GS is a perimeter focused team.  ADDING a guy that can score the ball near the rim doesn't instantly make the offense designed to do it.  And you'd have to convince Curry and Klay to give some up to get KD involved and productive. I'm not sure that's an easy sell (or an offense Kerr is interested in running).

2) I agree...odds are he stays in OKC at the end of this, even if it's for a year or two (opt ins) til the big cap increase hits.

3) Dirk would fit better with the Cavs, IF Love opts out.  He might be decent in OKC, but he's going to be the 3rd or 4th option, at best (he might even be a bench player). I think there is ZERO chance he goes to GS.  He wouldn't fit well, though his ability to hit the 3 is appealing.  But his speed, loose handle, and sub par rebounding ability really don't make him a great fit, IMHO. In addition, his reliance on the jumper just draws more defenders out to make it easier to switch on to Klay/Curry.  They need another Green type player (not attitude and such, but talent and abilities) to round them out...that's really it.  They were basically injury and fatigue (and a questionable suspension, maybe) from a title.  I don't think Dirk gets them THAT much closer.  I actually think Bogut, in that spot, makes them better thank Dirk would, just because of what he does and how he does it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »

I think Dirk will stay home.

He took around 50 million less to stay with Dallas last time.... all so they could sign Chandler parsons and other stiffs....

Why leave now for one or two more years to be a role player...he is going to work for Cuban after he stops playing anyway.

I LIKE the Rose to the Knicks rumors... won't have to give up much.. and if he can't play at a high level... he is in a walk year... you move on. He should be VERY motivated to stay on the court and play well. Pre injury he was soooo good.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »

Well like I said earlier ... D rose ! Lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2016, 04:04:58 PM »

The Knicks are looking to trade for Derrick Rose.

Check out the hockey guy calling out the NBA trades before they happen.  Not bad!   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:56 PM »

Saw the Knicks are also interested in Dwight Howard. Howard, Melo, and D-Rose would've been a force 5 years ago. Now, I'm not so sure. Keeps the seats filled at MSG I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

Saw the Knicks are also interested in Dwight Howard. Howard, Melo, and D-Rose would've been a force 5 years ago. Now, I'm not so sure. Keeps the seats filled at MSG I guess.

I'd say those additions at least make the Knicks competitive again in the East. How they stack up against the West will remain to be seen.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »

I'd say those additions at least make the Knicks competitive again in the East. How they stack up against the West will remain to be seen.

The team's future cornerstone is Kristaps Porzingis, so bringing in another big man like Howard might slow his development.  Also, a front court of Porzingis, Howard and Melo would get eaten alive by the small ball lineups that teams play these days.  Still, they traded away their starting center for Rose, so they do need another big man.  I'd prefer a center who doesn't require as many offensive touches and who would not play more than 30 min a game, like an Andrew Bogut or Tyson Chandler type.  Also, they need a 2 guard who can shoot 3s and play lockdown D on the perimeter, because they definitely won't get that from Rose. 

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »

I think it still remains to be seen how they stack up in the East. It puts them in the conversation, but I'm not sure how far up it moves them. Of course, it's much easier to move up in the East than it is the West, so it could be a significant bump. I'm just not entirely sold on that.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »

I think it still remains to be seen how they stack up in the East. It puts them in the conversation, but I'm not sure how far up it moves them. Of course, it's much easier to move up in the East than it is the West, so it could be a significant bump. I'm just not entirely sold on that.

I honestly think if Durant leaves the Knicks will at least get consideration ...

Sounds like Knicks will be big players for Noah and Turner too .. They could have a real nice season if things break right right.

All I care about as a Knick fan doe ... Is that the young fella takes the next step.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:37 AM »

I honestly think if Durant leaves the Knicks will at least get consideration ...

Sounds like Knicks will be big players for Noah and Turner too .. They could have a real nice season if things break right right.

All I care about as a Knick fan doe ... Is that the young fella takes the next step.
Supposedly, Durant plans to meet with the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Heat, Celtics, and Thunder. There could be more, but those are the teams I've seen mentioned so far.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kd-planning-to-host-free-agent-meetings-at-single-site-164954322.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:55:17 AM by faldor » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »

After the Thunder just fleeced Orlando, snagging Oladipo, I don't believe KD is going anywhere.  KD, Westbrook, Oladipo is a great base.

...and the Knicks.  the stupid, stupid Knicks.  Derrick Rose?  I hope they gave him a grand tour of the rehab facility, cause that's where he'll spend most of his time.

As a Sixers fan, I'm crossing my fingers Embid is healthy for good (not likely, but I can hope!).  Simmons will be an all-star a couple years down the line.  I was hoping for a dumb team to trade their top-10 pick for Okafor...Dunn or Hield would have been nice to snag.  I hope they stay away from Rubio, sure he's fun to watch, but he can't shoot.  If they can't improve their smalls, another 20 to 30-win season could be on the way, along with a lottery pick next year.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2016, 10:05:11 AM »

After the Thunder just fleeced Orlando, snagging Oladipo, I don't believe KD is going anywhere.  KD, Westbrook, Oladipo is a great base.

...and the Knicks.  the stupid, stupid Knicks.  Derrick Rose?  I hope they gave him a grand tour of the rehab facility, cause that's where he'll spend most of his time.

As a Sixers fan, I'm crossing my fingers Embid is healthy for good (not likely, but I can hope!).  Simmons will be an all-star a couple years down the line.  I was hoping for a dumb team to trade their top-10 pick for Okafor...Dunn or Hield would have been nice to snag.  I hope they stay away from Rubio, sure he's fun to watch, but he can't shoot.  If they can't improve their smalls, another 20 to 30-win season could be on the way, along with a lottery pick next year.   Sad

What is the downside of taking a chance with Rose ? They gave up nothing and cleared out Rolo's contract ...

If rose gets hurt or doesn't play well then the Knicks go in to the following year with 60 million plus of cap space.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

What is the downside of taking a chance with Rose ? They gave up nothing and cleared out Rolo's contract ...

If rose gets hurt or doesn't play well then the Knicks go in to the following year with 60 million plus of cap space.

Agree.

Even if Rose does ZERO on the court this year, it was a good move.  It sets them up for the FOLLOWING season to either make Rose a big offer (if he's productive) OR cut bait and go into what is looking like it might be a stacked FA class.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »

Supposedly, Durant plans to meet with the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Heat, Celtics, and Thunder. There could be more, but those are the teams I've seen mentioned so far.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kd-planning-to-host-free-agent-meetings-at-single-site-164954322.html

I keep seeing the C's mentioned, and I get excited...and then realize there is almost 0 chance that he would actually go there.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »

Agree.

Even if Rose does ZERO on the court this year, it was a good move.  It sets them up for the FOLLOWING season to either make Rose a big offer (if he's productive) OR cut bait and go into what is looking like it might be a stacked FA class.

Plus if Rose gives them zero ... That's still 100 times better than Calderon was giving them ... Rose can only help Melo and Porzingis.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2016, 01:35:05 PM »

I keep seeing the C's mentioned, and I get excited...and then realize there is almost 0 chance that he would actually go there.
Me too. Isaiah Thomas is trying his best as recruiter and KD does seem to be aware of and apreciate the Celtics storied tradition. But I do view them as a long shot. At least they're in the mix though. I think he stays put. OKC is positioned well and it's his best option monetarily.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »

Good point.  I'm not as up on the financial side of things.  I'm an Axl Rose fan, not a D Rose fan.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »

The Knicks are circling the wagons around Joakim Noah while Melo works on Kevin Durant Cool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:35 AM »

Looks like Noah to the Knicks is all but a done deal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: