Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 84685 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 02:41:49 AM »

All these teams in the East are just playing for the right to lose to the Warriors in the finals.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 04:55:20 AM »

Let's go raptors.   I am such a huge fan hahaha

Canada number 1

Cleveland-Toronto should be a great series! Also interesting to see if Oklahoma has anything against Golden State, I thought they'd fall already against the Spurs.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 09:24:47 AM »

All these teams in the East are just playing for the right to lose to the Warriors in the finals.

I think C town pushes them to 7 games and might win.

Gotta remember Lebron took them to the brink last year with Dellavedova as his second best player!

I am rooting for Cleveland only for their fanbase...if anybody deserves a title...it's them.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 10:43:33 AM »

IDK.

If Cleveland keeps shooting the way they have been, and stay healthy....I don't think even GS can stop them.  The Cleveland team we saw through much of the regular season is NOT the Cavs team that has shown up to the playoffs. Smiley  But I think maintaining that shooting %, especially from 3, might be tough.

AND....OKC is actually the ONE team, right now, who I think might make GS sweat a little.  With Stephs knee likely not 100%, he's going to have to play against a quick, running team with potent shooters who are going to make him (no matter who they put him on) work his wheels on defense.

I think GS wins that series, but I think it might go 7.

I think the Cavs win theirs in 5, and then gets to sit for a good while.

Which means you might have a winded GS team on very little rest facing a fresh, physical Cavs team.

I'd say, under normal circumstances, even money.  If Steph shows he's a half step slower in OKC, I'd give the cavs the edge over whoever comes out of the west.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:02 PM »

I think C town pushes them to 7 games and might win.

Gotta remember Lebron took them to the brink last year with Dellavedova as his second best player!

I am rooting for Cleveland only for their fanbase...if anybody deserves a title...it's them.
I'll agree with you there. Nobody deserves a title in a sport more then Cleveland. They've suffered for so long in all sports.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:18 PM »

IDK.

If Cleveland keeps shooting the way they have been, and stay healthy....I don't think even GS can stop them.  The Cleveland team we saw through much of the regular season is NOT the Cavs team that has shown up to the playoffs. Smiley  But I think maintaining that shooting %, especially from 3, might be tough.

AND....OKC is actually the ONE team, right now, who I think might make GS sweat a little.  With Stephs knee likely not 100%, he's going to have to play against a quick, running team with potent shooters who are going to make him (no matter who they put him on) work his wheels on defense.

I think GS wins that series, but I think it might go 7.

I think the Cavs win theirs in 5, and then gets to sit for a good while.

Which means you might have a winded GS team on very little rest facing a fresh, physical Cavs team.

I'd say, under normal circumstances, even money.  If Steph shows he's a half step slower in OKC, I'd give the cavs the edge over whoever comes out of the west.
All comes down to how healthy Steph Curry is imo. If Steph is healthy forget it. The man can win games by himself. He's ridiculous.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:27 PM »

Big upset as KD and the Thunder take game 1 over Golden St.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 09:24:38 AM »

Fun little debate... If you were starting a team...

Do you take Durant or Westbrook?

Could go either way... lean towards Durant.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »

I definitely go with Durant. Westbrook is good, but KD could be an all time great.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

I definitely go with Durant. Westbrook is good, but KD could be an all time great.

IF Westbrook ever developed a more consistent jumper...he'd basically be unguardable. That holds him back a little. There is nobody who can touch him in athleticism.

This series will be fun.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »

All comes down to how healthy Steph Curry is imo. If Steph is healthy forget it. The man can win games by himself. He's ridiculous.

OKC has 2 of the 3 best players on the court on their team.  And 2 of the top 10...maybe top 5..players in the league.

Steph is amazing. He CAN take control of games by himself.  But can he do it four times when he's admittedly not 100%?

Last night....that was a kicker.  It showed you exactly what I mean.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 11:21:36 AM »

IF Westbrook ever developed a more consistent jumper...he'd basically be unguardable. That holds him back a little. There is nobody who can touch him in athleticism.

This series will be fun.

I think Westbrook is the better all-around player, but for a guard to not be able to consistently shoot the 3 in the modern game... that's a liability nowadays. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »

That was an incredible comeback by OKC. GSW looked like they had them beat then went cold in the 3rd quarter.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »

That was an incredible comeback by OKC. GSW looked like they had them beat then went cold in the 3rd quarter.

Pretty much the opposite of the most of the reg season games. Smiley

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:44 AM »

Pretty much the opposite of the most of the reg season games. Smiley
Yep, i wouldn't expect the warriors to lay another turd that bad though.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 11:09:19 PM »

Now that's the kind of effort i expected from GS.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 04:26:14 AM »

God, the west playoff games have been amazing!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »

Should GS be worried that OKC split their opening road games even though Durant and Westbrook didn't play all that well (aside from isolated spurts)?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 06:58:17 AM »

Should GS be worried that OKC split their opening road games even though Durant and Westbrook didn't play all that well (aside from isolated spurts)?

After last nights result....I'd say yes!

Thats twice they've been blown out in 3 games.  They are one loss away from being "in serious trouble".

And after the nut shot heard round the world, there is at least the potential GS will be missing a key player next game.

I hate to use the term "must win" when we're only going into game 4, but.....it pretty much is.  If GS goes down 3-1, I think they'll have a VERY hard time winning 3 straight games. If there's one team in the NBA that could do it, it's them..but that's a tough mountain to climb.

Together again,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »

After last nights result....I'd say yes!

Thats twice they've been blown out in 3 games.  They are one loss away from being "in serious trouble".

And after the nut shot heard round the world, there is at least the potential GS will be missing a key player next game.

I hate to use the term "must win" when we're only going into game 4, but.....it pretty much is.  If GS goes down 3-1, I think they'll have a VERY hard time winning 3 straight games. If there's one team in the NBA that could do it, it's them..but that's a tough mountain to climb.

I wouldn't hesitate to call it a must win. In fact, I say Game 4 decides the series.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: