Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:13:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85299 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2016, 12:02:14 PM »

Should GS be worried that OKC split their opening road games even though Durant and Westbrook didn't play all that well (aside from isolated spurts)?

After last nights result....I'd say yes!

Thats twice they've been blown out in 3 games.  They are one loss away from being "in serious trouble".

And after the nut shot heard round the world, there is at least the potential GS will be missing a key player next game.

I hate to use the term "must win" when we're only going into game 4, but.....it pretty much is.  If GS goes down 3-1, I think they'll have a VERY hard time winning 3 straight games. If there's one team in the NBA that could do it, it's them..but that's a tough mountain to climb.

I wouldn't hesitate to call it a must win. In fact, I say Game 4 decides the series.

In all likelihood, that's true, but then again GS can go on a 3-game stretch of bombing 3s at a 50% clip, they've done it before, so you never know.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2016, 06:11:04 PM »

I think its more of a must win for OKC. If they don't the likelihood it goes 7 games is very good and i just don't see GSW losing game 7 at home.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »

Well now the Cavs are in some big trouble.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2016, 07:05:55 AM »

Can you imagine a Toronto-OKC Finals??!! 

Tonights game is gonna be nuts.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »

Great win by the Raptors last night

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »

I would have lost big on Cleveland last night.

I really don't think they can win this series even still...but what a performance to storm back and tie it.

I know the West teams are really rooting for them.  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »

The Raptors were SO aggressive last night on defense.  They were overplaying the passing lanes all night long.  They gave up some easy backdoor layups but for the most part they were up in the face of all Cleveland players pressuring them.  I liked it, they were playing to win and not holding back.  I can't believe how much Biyombo has stepped up.  I thought Toronto was dead in the water this series without Valenciunas. 

Cleveland has shown in the regular season how easy it is for them to splinter.  Lue needs to pull this team together. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »

Super early, but this is not the way ypu wanted to start if you are gs.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »

Curry definitely doesn't seem himself. No way he's 100% healthy right now.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

Kerr said he's not "injured". I think that means he's hurt (aka his previous injuries are still healing and causing him some discomfort and mobility issues).

As a shooter, ANYTHING that goes haywire with your wheels is going to effect you a ton.  He just doesn't look comfortable when he's shooting..his mechanics are off.

And on defense, he's just a half step slower than usual.

Like I said when the series started...this was the WORST possible matchup for GS considering Steph's knee an ankle.  OKC is long, quick, young, and athletic.  It's giving the Warriors fits.

That being said, I'm listening to everyone and their grandmother insist the series is 100% over.  I disagree.  GS is on the ropes, but if their shooting and Stephs quickness reappear....you have to give GS a punchers chance, at least.  There's potentially 3 games left, 2 would be in GS.  OKC does NOT want to go into a game 7, winner take all, vs the Warriors at home, IMHO.  They gotta put them away in game 5 or 6.

Again, next game will be very interesting.  Can OKC manage to take 2 games from GS on their home court in one series? 

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »

I think GS probably eeks out game 5...but i don't see them winning back in OKC.

I agree that Curry is a step slow.

If Toronto can ever steal game 5 tonight... man THE NORTH will be electric with a chance to win at home.

Would love to see Thunder Raptors !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

That being said, I'm listening to everyone and their grandmother insist the series is 100% over.  I disagree.  GS is on the ropes, but if their shooting and Stephs quickness reappear....you have to give GS a punchers chance, at least.  There's potentially 3 games left, 2 would be in GS.  OKC does NOT want to go into a game 7, winner take all, vs the Warriors at home, IMHO.  They gotta put them away in game 5 or 6.

Exactly and I bet OKC feels the same way.  They want to close this series out.  They are well aware of how dangerous this team can be.  That being said, Russell Westbrook has been arguably the most exciting player to watch this postseason.  That guy plays every second like the fate of his family depends on it.  As a former player (not pro) myself I can tell you he is exactly the type of player you HATE covering as a guard.  He is physical and takes it to the rim with reckless abandon almost every possession.  Him and Derrick Rose prior to the knee injury must give opposing guards nightmares. 
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 06:05:56 PM »

73-9 gone to waste... lol. I dont think Toronto could do it... The NBA wont allow it... Think Sacramento

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »

Kerr said he's not "injured". I think that means he's hurt (aka his previous injuries are still healing and causing him some discomfort and mobility issues).

As a shooter, ANYTHING that goes haywire with your wheels is going to effect you a ton.  He just doesn't look comfortable when he's shooting..his mechanics are off.

Like I said when the series started...this was the WORST possible matchup for GS considering Steph's knee an ankle.  OKC is long, quick, young, and athletic.  It's giving the Warriors fits.

Again, next game will be very interesting.  Can OKC manage to take 2 games from GS on their home court in one series? 
IMO that is just Kerr trying to not make excuses for Curry but anyone that's watched a good number of Warrior games this year can see Curry isn't right. The man is usually lights out ridiculous shooting. He's been almost invisible this series. Anyone that says he's fine i would like to know what they are smoking and where i can get some. Having said that, anyone one counting them out yet is making a big mistake. They are the defending champs and have 2 of 3 at home now. They steal the one in OKC watch out. OKC wants no part of game 7 in Oracle. If Curry wakes up tomorrow feeling 100% that would be big trouble for OKC. We know this team is more then capable of winning 3 straight.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »

I think GS probably eeks out game 5...but i don't see them winning back in OKC.

I agree that Curry is a step slow.

If Toronto can ever steal game 5 tonight... man THE NORTH will be electric with a chance to win at home.

Would love to see Thunder Raptors !
Agreed, nobody watching can say with a straight face Curry is 100% healthy.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 08:52:36 PM »

IMO that is just Kerr trying to not make excuses for Curry but anyone that's watched a good number of Warrior games this year can see Curry isn't right. The man is usually lights out ridiculous shooting. He's been almost invisible this series. Anyone that says he's fine i would like to know what they are smoking and where i can get some. Having said that, anyone one counting them out yet is making a big mistake. They are the defending champs and have 2 of 3 at home now. They steal the one in OKC watch out. OKC wants no part of game 7 in Oracle. If Curry wakes up tomorrow feeling 100% that would be big trouble for OKC. We know this team is more then capable of winning 3 straight.

I think kerr, if you listen, chse his word carefully. He even pauses. Curry isn't injured. But there is a difference hetween "injured" and hurting. I think its obvious hes hurting.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »

I think kerr, if you listen, chse his word carefully. He even pauses. Curry isn't injured. But there is a difference hetween "injured" and hurting. I think its obvious hes hurting.
He's definitely not right whether its injured or still just hurting from the injuries.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:01 PM »

Well so much for the momentum the Raptors had gained the last two games.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 09:03:15 AM »

Raptors in 7!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »

Raptors in 7!

As much as I don;t care for Cleveland... and would love to see them choke...

OKC would run Toronto right out of the building... So the finals needs Cleveland in there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: