Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85591 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2016, 10:55:59 AM »

I love the NBA, but these playoffs have been a huge bust. 

Too many blowouts and too few memorable moments.  Well, that don't involve kicks to the groin, that is.

Total joke he was not suspended.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2016, 11:23:42 AM »

I love the NBA, but these playoffs have been a huge bust. 

Too many blowouts and too few memorable moments.  Well, that don't involve kicks to the groin, that is.

Total joke he was not suspended.

Yeah not very riveting. No defense whatsoever either.

The East is so bad... Lebron is an all time great... but look at the teams he has to go thru each year...teams lead by Jeff teague, Kyle Lowry and Andre Drummond... none of those guys would make an all star team in ANY other decade.

Lebron has no excuse this year either... he has to win... if he wants to be in the all time best ever discussion you can't lose ANOTHER finals... not with his team healthy this time around.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:26:56 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »

I just don't know if the Cavs can beat either OKC or GSW. I think both those teams are on a complete different level then any team out east.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »

Man... Westbrook is on a mission! N Durant's D has been great... U might be right. OKC all the way...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 11:24:25 PM »

Man... Westbrook is on a mission! N Durant's D has been great... U might be right. OKC all the way...
Not so fast! Game 6 here we come. A must win for OKC.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:16 PM »

Game 6 in OKC. A must win for the Thunder. They'll win game 7 at Oracle when pigs grow wings and fly.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 04:25:04 AM »

Game 6 in OKC. A must win for the Thunder. They'll win game 7 at Oracle when pigs grow wings and fly.

Yeah, Oracle is probably the worst place for a must-win-road-game Cheesy

I'm just hoping they wouldn't have to go there!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:31 AM »

I just don't know if the Cavs can beat either OKC or GSW. I think both those teams are on a complete different level then any team out east.

I'd give Cleveland a decent shot vs either team. Certainly be an underdog... but they could win.

Rooting for OKC... just something about the Warriors gets under my skin.

I guess because the talk of them being the best team ever all year drove me insane.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:07 AM »

I think OKC closes it out at Game 6.  Even with the win, GS did not look very convincing last night... I thought it was 8 against 5, as the refs were giving them every call. 

Also, I expect Cavs to take the East tonight.  And then beat OKC in the finals in 6. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 03:01:06 PM »

I think OKC closes it out at Game 6.  Even with the win, GS did not look very convincing last night... I thought it was 8 against 5, as the refs were giving them every call. 

Also, I expect Cavs to take the East tonight.  And then beat OKC in the finals in 6. 

Agree. OKC played their worst game of the series last night...and probably their 2nd worst of the playoffs.

GS got the benefit of every call, and every no call, pretty much all night.

And yet....GS eked out the win. It was not all that convincing a victory, IMHO.

That's not to say they can't rebound and play better in OKC and steal another one, but....I'd agree that I think OKC takes game 6 to close it out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »

Agree. OKC played their worst game of the series last night...and probably their 2nd worst of the playoffs.

That's not to say they can't rebound and play better in OKC and steal another one, but....I'd agree that I think OKC takes game 6 to close it out.

Durant and Westbrook don't seem to be too worried about GS here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSs0bbdDhOA.  I know they were speaking only in reference to Curry as a defender, but when one team see's the other team's best player as a laughable, that is not a good sign.  Durant and Westbrook just come off as beyond convinced that the 2 of them can beat GS with any 3 random guys (even Jaeball, faldor and Baconman... ok, maybe not Baconman). 

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 07:52:13 PM »

Let's go raptors!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:50 PM »

Durant and Westbrook don't seem to be too worried about GS here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSs0bbdDhOA.  I know they were speaking only in reference to Curry as a defender, but when one team see's the other team's best player as a laughable, that is not a good sign.  Durant and Westbrook just come off as beyond convinced that the 2 of them can beat GS with any 3 random guys (even Jaeball, faldor and Baconman... ok, maybe not Baconman). 

If they don't win game 6 it'll be Curry that'll be laughing all the way to the NBA finals in consecutive seasons. They do NOT want to take GSW lightly. Especially if Curry starts playing the way he did all season before the injury.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:21 PM »

I'm not so sure the Cavs end it tonight. So far in the season series between these two teams the home team has won every game.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2016, 03:10:09 PM »

I'm not so sure the Cavs end it tonight. So far in the season series between these two teams the home team has won every game.

Raptors made a couple runs, but cavs were pretty much in control all night! On to the finals for them.

Tonights game will be nuts, i think.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:21 PM »

Raptors made a couple runs, but cavs were pretty much in control all night! On to the finals for them.

Tonights game will be nuts, i think.
Yeah, i was expecting a better effort from them at home but they played the worst game since game 2.

OKC better bring their A game tonight. They must end it tonight. They don't and they don't win the series.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:15:07 PM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »

OKC better play a fantastic second half. The warriors don't look like they're going away in this one easily.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2016, 11:41:09 PM »

Hello Houston, this is the Oklahoma City Thunder. We are in big fucking trouble and we need help!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2016, 12:46:06 AM »

Hello Houston, this is the Oklahoma City Thunder. We are in big fucking trouble and we need help!

Yup, I'd say GS is decidedly the favorite to win, now!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2016, 01:13:15 AM »

Yup, I'd say GS is decidedly the favorite to win, now!

With their home record combined with the home teams record in game 7's i just can't see OKC pulling it off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: