Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 84674 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« on: April 15, 2016, 06:42:37 AM »

I know there are many sports fans on this board, but no thread for basketball/NBA. No one that interested? Smiley

Well anyway, it's the playoff time again and the bracket looks like this this time around:

I find some interesting match-ups here. Golden State, Cavaliers and Spurs should of course go through pretty easily if they can keep their act together. I think the Clippers-Trail Blazers is the most exciting pairing here, along with Atlanta-Boston.

I HOPE that Clippers, Hawks and Hornets can make it at least through the first round. And wouldn't mind seeing Golden State and Cavaliers losing it..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 08:38:34 AM »

I am not the NBA fan I used to be as a kid....

I adored the Ewing knicks.... but they have been so bad for so long...

Looking forward to a Spurs Warriors series... thats must watch if youa re a sports fan.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:30:28 AM »

Let go Raptors!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:38:24 AM »

Amazing season by the Warriors, setting the record with 73 wins.  Steph Curry hitting an insane 402 3-pointers this season.  For context, before Curry was in the league, most 3s in a season was 269.  Historic stuff. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »

Warriors should repeat. Realistically only the Spurs have a prayer of beating them.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 05:01:11 AM »

Detroit was shockingly good last night! So close but not close enough though. But considering that they weren't supposed to stand a chance they did very well, so this series might get very interesting.

The only actual surprise yet is the Pacers win over Raptors. But we'll see what happens next round...

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »

Warriors will win in 5 vs Houston without Curry...at worst.

However... next round would be a lot tougher vs the Clipps if he can't go.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »

I know there are many sports fans on this board, but no thread for basketball/NBA. No one that interested? Smiley

Well anyway, it's the playoff time again and the bracket looks like this this time around:

I find some interesting match-ups here. Golden State, Cavaliers and Spurs should of course go through pretty easily if they can keep their act together. I think the Clippers-Trail Blazers is the most exciting pairing here, along with Atlanta-Boston.

I HOPE that Clippers, Hawks and Hornets can make it at least through the first round. And wouldn't mind seeing Golden State and Cavaliers losing it..
The Celtics have their work cut out for them this series after losing Avery Bradley to an unfortunate injury in game 1. They battled all the way back from a 19 point deficit to take a 3 point lead with about 7 minutes left. Bradley was their leading scorer at that point with 18. Then he got hurt and while they battled until the end, they weren't nearly as effective. He's not expected back in this series, so it's going to be tough. I didn't expect the C's to be a contender or anything, but winning a round would've been nice. It was going to be tough enough at full strength. Without a key piece, it'll be that much tougher.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »

Curry had an MRI today and the injury is not serious. Still questionable for game 3 though.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:55 PM »

Curry had an MRI today and the injury is not serious. Still questionable for game 3 though.

I would sit him for Game 3 too, even if you take a loss here. Much more important for next series and onward for him to be healthy.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 01:39:45 AM »

Totally agree. They should beat Houston pretty easily without him. They are gonna need him more against the Clippers and Spurs.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 02:54:55 AM »

The Celtics have their work cut out for them this series after losing Avery Bradley to an unfortunate injury in game 1. They battled all the way back from a 19 point deficit to take a 3 point lead with about 7 minutes left. Bradley was their leading scorer at that point with 18. Then he got hurt and while they battled until the end, they weren't nearly as effective. He's not expected back in this series, so it's going to be tough. I didn't expect the C's to be a contender or anything, but winning a round would've been nice. It was going to be tough enough at full strength. Without a key piece, it'll be that much tougher.

And now it's 2-0 for the Hawks, very hard for the Celtics. The next game is pretty much what defines this series, 3-0 would be too much for the C's.

The whole picture at the moment:

I think no real surprises there, except that Mavs actually won one game hihi I'm expecting a lot from Detroit tonight, they played well in the first game! And I also hope that Indiana can keep on challenging Toronto.

BEEP.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 03:10:55 AM »

So Houston was able to get a win from GSW, that's good. I wonder if this will have a bigger impact on the series than people actually believe. Perharps not, and GSW-Clippers would be a nice series to watch anyways!

Tonight Cav's, Spurs and Hawks can make it 3-0, which would pretty much seal the deal for them.

BEEP.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »

Curry is expected back for game 4. I expect that'll kill any momentum Houston might've gained last night. They still nearly blew that one. With Curry i don't give Houston a shot at all.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 03:38:53 AM »

Curry is expected back for game 4. I expect that'll kill any momentum Houston might've gained last night. They still nearly blew that one. With Curry i don't give Houston a shot at all.

Oh my, that moment when Curry slipped last night and bent his knee.. must've hurt.

To be honest, that game was baaaaaad from both sides. GSW didn't seem to be able to produce anything and Houston had every chance to make the game theirs, but they didn't take that chance.

Anyway, Cleveland and Spurs go to the next round. Boston is now tied with Atlanta and so is Toronto with Indiana. We'll see what happens..

BEEP.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »

Nervous times for Golden State with Curry undergoing an MRI today. It didn't look too good. Hard to believe he'd come back 100%, if at all. Obviously that would severely hurt their chances and I think give the Spurs an edge up on them.

Celtics showed immense heart at home these last two games after a very poor effort in game 2. They've had to change things on the fly after the Bradley injury. Obviously the home crowd was a huge boost for them. We'll see how they play back in Atlanta. I love the fight in them though. At the very least, proud of them for never giving up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

Curry out two weeks will be re evaluated then. Grade 1 MCL strain. Most likely will miss all of round 2.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »

Huge Raptors win last night
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 04:20:01 AM »

Huge Raptors win last night

Surely. But to be honest I still hope that Pacers will win the series hihi

Atlanta did great against the Celtics! They face Cleveland on the second round, should be an interesting series that one.

BEEP.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »

Let's go raptors.   I am such a huge fan hahaha

Canada number 1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: