Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227772 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85277 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2016, 06:15:04 AM »

Looks like Noah to the Knicks is all but a done deal.

I wanted him in a 2 year deal ... Not 4...

Crazy to sign him for years past Melo's deal ...

But I guess some other team would have snatched him.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2016, 06:43:34 AM »

Forget it ... If Mozgov is getting 64 million ....

Holy hell everybody is getting paid.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

Everybody is getting paid. Wink

Something like 75%+ of NBA teams did not spend the FLOOR of the new cap (aka the absolute MINIMUM you have to spend on salary according to cap rules) last year.  Many have a TON of money to spend this off season and, lets face it, the choices on WHO to spend it on are not super compelling (or plentiful).

So, yeah..you are going to see b level players, who just happen to be hitting FA this year, getting BIG BANK because the teams have to give it to SOMEONE.

You are going to hear crazy, crazy, crazy numbers over the next few days.  It's a new day in the NBA....

I think I might suit back up and see if I can get a few mill.  I mean, what's an again, overweight, out of shape 6 ft 4 guy with no knees go for? I can give them 8 or 9 min a night, too.  Think I can get 8 mil per? Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2016, 10:50:37 AM »

Everybody is getting paid. Wink

Something like 75%+ of NBA teams did not spend the FLOOR of the new cap (aka the absolute MINIMUM you have to spend on salary according to cap rules) last year.  Many have a TON of money to spend this off season and, lets face it, the choices on WHO to spend it on are not super compelling (or plentiful).

So, yeah..you are going to see b level players, who just happen to be hitting FA this year, getting BIG BANK because the teams have to give it to SOMEONE.

You are going to hear crazy, crazy, crazy numbers over the next few days.  It's a new day in the NBA....

I think I might suit back up and see if I can get a few mill.  I mean, what's an again, overweight, out of shape 6 ft 4 guy with no knees go for? I can give them 8 or 9 min a night, too.  Think I can get 8 mil per? Wink

I read there are going to be close to 20 max contracts handed out ...

They have to spend it ..

It's just funny to see.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »

Knicks have reportedly locked up Courtney Lee to a 4-year deal Cool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

Celtics landed Al Horford yesterday after it appeared he was headed back to Atlanta. He could've made more money staying put, but I guess he felt a little disrespected they didn't make him their top priority so he opted for one less year to sign with Boston. Big day for the C's as they also made their pitch to Kevin Durant. The Thunder just wrapped up their last visit with him, so now we play the waiting game. I know they're probably still a long shot, but I love that Boston is still in the mix. The addition of Horford to an already improving roster and two more future Brooklyn 1st's the next two seasons, in what's supposed to be a loaded draft next year, can only help their cause. I still think OKC is the favorite to retain him, but the fact that he did meet with them a 2nd time maybe signals that at least one other team made a strong enough case to get him thinking seriously about leaving.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »

Celtics landed Al Horford yesterday after it appeared he was headed back to Atlanta. He could've made more money staying put, but I guess he felt a little disrespected they didn't make him their top priority so he opted for one less year to sign with Boston. Big day for the C's as they also made their pitch to Kevin Durant. The Thunder just wrapped up their last visit with him, so now we play the waiting game. I know they're probably still a long shot, but I love that Boston is still in the mix. The addition of Horford to an already improving roster and two more future Brooklyn 1st's the next two seasons, in what's supposed to be a loaded draft next year, can only help their cause. I still think OKC is the favorite to retain him, but the fact that he did meet with them a 2nd time maybe signals that at least one other team made a strong enough case to get him thinking seriously about leaving.

Apparently tom brady has been working hard to get k.d to come to boston..

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2016, 06:41:18 PM »

Apparently tom brady has been working hard to get k.d to come to boston..
According to the Daily News, KD was in Boston hanging with Tom and the 2 flew to the Hamptons together.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kd-planning-to-host-free-agent-meetings-at-single-site-164954322.html

Ortiz and Edelman also tweeted at KD urging him to come to Boston. Hope it all works out, but if it doesn't I think it's still a good sign moving forward. At least the Celtics are being considered by big time free agents now. That hasn't been the case, well, EVER!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »

Sounds like Durant has narrowed down his choices to OKC and GS. GS may win the next 10 championships if he goes there. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they'd be good for a long time.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2016, 03:50:18 AM »

Sounds like Durant has narrowed down his choices to OKC and GS. GS may win the next 10 championships if he goes there. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they'd be good for a long time.
Can hardly blame him for picking either team. Both are going to be good for a long time.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2016, 10:15:14 AM »

Can hardly blame him for picking either team. Both are going to be good for a long time.
Today is the day Durant makes his decision, supposedly sometime this morning. So it shouldn't be long. The Celtics are still considered the dark horse behind GS & OKC. So I'm still holding out a little bit of hope. Still love the Horford signing regardless. I think that puts them right up there with Toronto behind Cleveland in the East. Durant would make them a contender with GS, SA, & Cleveland. And they have assets going forward. So with or without Durant, the future is bright. But it'd be a lot brighter with him, that's for sure.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »

The Warriors win the Kevin Durant sweepstakes. Man they're going to be good. I mean, anything less than a championship would be a massive disappointment. I mean this year was a disappointment for them, but this takes it to a different level. It's only a 2 year deal with the option to opt out after one, so he could go through all of this again next year. I would think it'd be tough to pry him away though, unless he's fine with winning just one championship.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2016, 12:23:23 PM »

Its prolly a short deal because of the fact there will ge ANOTHER cap hike and max hike next year....but i think this is like the Lebron deal: the second year is injury protection. He has every intention of signing a longer term deal next year.

This lineup...the only thing they have to worry about is health. If they are all healthy, they might win 75. And not lose a playoff game next year. It's that kinda scary good.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Its prolly a short deal because of the fact there will ge ANOTHER cap hike and max hike next year....but i think this is like the Lebron deal: the second year is injury protection. He has every intention of signing a longer term deal next year.

This lineup...the only thing they have to worry about is health. If they are all healthy, they might win 75. And not lose a playoff game next year. It's that kinda scary good.
Yep. The money wasn't all that different no matter which team he chose for a two year deal. If he wanted a max deal, OKC was the only team that could've offered him a 5th year. I think he'll be in GS for quite some time beyond 1 or 2 years.

As if it wasn't the case already, all other teams will be playing for 3rd or 4th place and beyond behind GS & Cleveland. The Cavs should be grateful they got their championship this year. GS is going to be even tougher to beat for the foreseeable future. Strange things can happen, but fans better get used to Cleveland vs. GS in the finals. We've already had two, I could see another 5 years possible.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:48:13 PM by faldor » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2016, 09:26:37 PM »

Wow! Hope the Cavs enjoy this title they eeked out in game 7 cause with Durant in GS i don't see them winning again next year.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »

Wow! Hope the Cavs enjoy this title they eeked out in game 7 cause with Durant in GS i don't see them winning again next year.
Well, the only thing that could slow them down, besides injury, would be if it takes them awhile to fully gel and form team chemistry. Like when Lebron & Bosh teamed up with Wade in Miami. They didn't click right away. It took some time for them to get used to playing with each other and set their egos aside. That's the only hope the rest of the NBA has, notably Cleveland, for next year at the very least.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:05 AM »

Well, the only thing that could slow them down, besides injury, would be if it takes them awhile to fully gel and form team chemistry. Like when Lebron & Bosh teamed up with Wade in Miami. They didn't click right away. It took some time for them to get used to playing with each other and set their egos aside. That's the only hope the rest of the NBA has, notably Cleveland, for next year at the very least.
Good point but once they get the chemistry going i don't see even Cleveland stopping them. As it is it isn't like the Cavs destroyed them with the team they had this year. They barely escaped that game 7 with the W due to GS's inability to score the last 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:44:01 AM by tim_m » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »

These super teams don't always work out.... chemistry is a big factor, see: Kobe/Dwight/Nash/Gasol... of course GSW is now in a position where a star player could go down & they can still win. 

I never faulted Lebron for going to Miami - he didn't have the pieces in Cleveland.  As much as people got on him for "joining" other stars, Wade & Bosh were never his rivals in the East (none of them had even played a single series against the others!).  He had to find a way to get through Boston.   I just lost a lot of respect for Durant though - he joined a 73-9 team that just punked him in the WCF.  At least they can all bond over choking 3-1 leads.

Curry & Durant have to be out of the MVP conversation now right?  This might open the door for LBJ to tie MJ with his 5th!  Though I think Lebron has realized the regular season is meaningless and won't give enough to win it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:09 PM »

These super teams don't always work out.... chemistry is a big factor, see: Kobe/Dwight/Nash/Gasol... of course GSW is now in a position where a star player could go down & they can still win. 

I never faulted Lebron for going to Miami - he didn't have the pieces in Cleveland.  As much as people got on him for "joining" other stars, Wade & Bosh were never his rivals in the East (none of them had even played a single series against the others!).  He had to find a way to get through Boston.   I just lost a lot of respect for Durant though - he joined a 73-9 team that just punked him in the WCF.  At least they can all bond over choking 3-1 leads.

Curry & Durant have to be out of the MVP conversation now right?  This might open the door for LBJ to tie MJ with his 5th!  Though I think Lebron has realized the regular season is meaningless and won't give enough to win it.
Those are all valid points, but I still think Lebron's "decision" was more pathetic. Just the way he handled it, and the whole "I'm taking my talents" mantra. Durant was a little more low key, and he didn't desert his hometown team. I know the situations aren't all that different and if I disapprove of one I should probably disapprove of both, but for some reason I don't see it that way.

Ultimately, I can't fault guys for going to a team they feel is their best chance to win. That's the name of the game and the future of OKC was a little uncertain with Westbrook becoming a FA next season. Durant could've signed long term and Westbrook could've left a year later. Nothing is guaranteed. He's looking out for himself and made the best choice available to him. As much as I would have loved for him to sign with Boston, I can't blame him. He could've signed the same 2 year deal and given it one more shot with OKC, but I guess he likes the prospects of playing with a new group of guys better. Who knows, maybe he's not great pals with Westbrook, maybe he didn't like the Ibaka deal. There are probably a number of factors that went into his decision.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2016, 06:05:41 AM »

I hated the whole Lebron "decision". He couldn't have handled it worse, but the cupboard was bare in Cleveland when he left, the roster was atrocious.

Durant had a team to win with, they choked away a 3-1 lead to ..... Of all teams the Warriors! Not to mention Durant played horribly in those final three games it's not like he played great and his teammates couldn't help him over the hump.

Then you join them ?? I hate it ... He's a free agent he can do what he feels is best for him but it looks so bad...I really feel bad for that 12 year old in Oklahoma right now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: