Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 84683 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2016, 11:29:30 PM »

Duncan is announcing his retirement!!

To me, the most underrated player of his generation. Never really got the highlights or kudos, but the guy has rings for all 5 fingers.
One of the best ever and from what i've heard a great guy. Next stop for him the HOF without question.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »

Such a fresh air he has been compared to most guys. What a career.

The 99 finals ... Knicks never had a chance... and he was only a rookie.

Top 15 player ever... At worst.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »

Also I LOVED KVH coming out of Utah. I thought the Spurs were crazy not to draft him.

Oops.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:18 AM »

The Celtics had 2 lottery picks the year Duncan came out, but they ended up with the 3rd and 6th picks. Ping pong balls were unkind. The Rick Pitino era did not get off to a great start, and it wasn't a very fun ride while it lasted. Oh what could have been if the ping pong balls bounced their way that night.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2016, 06:22:00 AM »

The Celtics had 2 lottery picks the year Duncan came out, but they ended up with the 3rd and 6th picks. Ping pong balls were unkind. The Rick Pitino era did not get off to a great start, and it wasn't a very fun ride while it lasted. Oh what could have been if the ping pong balls bounced their way that night.

Uhhhh because the basketball gods haven't been kind enough up there over the past 65 years? hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2016, 08:08:24 PM »

Uhhhh because the basketball gods haven't been kind enough up there over the past 65 years? hihi

True, but their dominance was before my time. I didn't really get to witness vintage Larry Bird. I saw a lot of Larry laying down on the sidelines to preserve his aching back. Also the untimely deaths of both Len Bias and Reggie Lewis weren't exactly easy to take. When Paul Pierce was stabbed, I thought "not again?" Luckily he was ok and they built a championship team around him. But the Celtics did have some rough years there for sure.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »

There is a STRONG rumor that Westbrook will be traded to the C's for players and those Nets draft picks the C's control.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »

There is a STRONG rumor that Westbrook will be traded to the C's for players and those Nets draft picks the C's control.

Certainly makes sense for OKC. Assuming he doesn't bolt Boston ...makes sense all around.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »

Certainly makes sense for OKC. Assuming he doesn't bolt Boston ...makes sense all around.
Could be risky for Boston though. Next years draft class is supposedly loaded, and the Nets could very well be the worst team in the NBA next year by a good margin, and I doubt they'll improve much in a few years either. Westbrook is great, but there's risk there because he could be a 1 year rental if he bolts for free agency the following year. They'd be rolling the dice that he could learn to love playing in Boston and they could entice him to stay by obtaining his Bird rights.

I've heard the C's linked to Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins as well. Gordon Hayward's name has also been thrown around. It wouldn't shock me at all if he joins them once he hits free agency to reunite with Brad Stevens, if not sooner.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: