Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44063 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: April 29, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba says that GN'R singer Axl Rose wanted him to be a part of a partial reunion of the band's classic lineup but he "just didnt feel like it was [his] place."

Ashba, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck and stayed in the band until last July, was asked by Metal Insider if he knew that the GN'R reunion was going to happen this year. He responded: "Absolutely. In fact, Axl wanted me to be a part of it.

"I couldn't be more happy for it happening," he continued. "I was stoked to find out about it.

"People have got to remember, if I wasn't a fan of the band, I wouldn't have joined the band.

"I have great admiration for Axl, Slash and Duff [McKagan] and Steven [Adler], Izzy [Stradlin] and [what] everybody's put into that thing. I have even more respect now after playing in the band for so many years.

"I couldn't be more happy. I'm just as big a fan as I've always been.

"I'm so happy for the fans that they get to go out there and see at least half of the band reunited; it's a big deal. This is what the fans have been wanting, me included in that."

He also explained why he chose to exit GUNS N' ROSES before the band made its return to the live stage earlier this month. He said: "I just didn't feel like it was my place.

"If Slash has come back, I couldn't be more happy; this is great. At that point, it's best I go do what I'm really good at doing. It's kind of the best of both worlds. I get to have my favorite band back and I get to go play in my favorite band again. It's a win-win."

Only Rose, Slash and McKagan from GN'R's "Appetite For Destruction"-era lineup took part in the seven shows the band has played this month. They were joined by keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer. Also appearing with them was second keyboardist Melissa Reese.

Ashba issued a statement in July 2015 saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES. His statement read in part: "It is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with GUNS N' ROSES into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Ashba added: "I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years."

Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-axl-rose-wanted-me-to-be-a-part-of-guns-n-roses-reunion/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:23:13 PM by RnT » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »

So the reunion was a fact last July at the latest. That much we know at this point.

Slash said he hadn't talked to Axl in a long time in May of 2015. He could have be covering up of course, but if was true, it all came together between May and July of 2015 then.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »

Wow. I am speechless. Does this guy have any shame? he should audition for a role as Frank Gallagher's long lost illegitimate son in SHAMELESS. talk about reinventing the past. just saying...
Somebody wants to boost record and ticket sales.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:20 PM »

DJ Ashba as part of the partial reunion? would that mean him instead of Richard or a three guitar player band (like 2001-2014)?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 03:31:19 PM »

Wow. I am speechless. Does this guy have any shame? he should audition for a role as Frank Gallagher's long lost illegitimate son in SHAMELESS. talk about reinventing the past. just saying...

Why do you say that? He's always seemed genuine to me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »

Meh.  Would rather hear what Chris Pittman has to say.

"The last straw was when they did not put my name in the announcement.  It was as simple as saying, 'Axl, Slash, and Duff re-unite for the first time in 23 years, and Chris Pittman will be there too!'"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »

DJ Ashba as part of the partial reunion? would that mean him instead of Richard or a three guitar player band (like 2001-2014)?

For this version of the band... can't see him having any role really.

If anything he must've been the rhythm guitarist, as Slash is doing all the solos (plus more) that Ashba did in the band.

Richard handles the Bucket stuff, Ashba couldn't do that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »

I don't think that this would have worked very well. DJ Ashba has his place in SIXX:AM right now. Not in GN'R.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:43:25 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Annie
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »

Why do you say that? He's always seemed genuine to me.
He is not.  Check my posts from the past. No need to regurgitate it all.
Annie
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »

I don't think that this would have worked very well. DJ Ashba has his place in SIXX:AM right now. Not in GN'R.
Yes. So quit talking about GNR and let YOUR PRECIOUS NEW MUSIC do the talking.
Did anybody here go to his store launch the night before the epic GNR shows.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »

Reinventing the past?  Are you saying he is lying about Axl asking him to be a part of this?  Why would someone who has been nothing but respectful to the band the last 7 years start making up lies about them?

Annie
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:59 PM »

Reinventing the past?  Are you saying he is lying about Axl asking him to be a part of this?  Why would someone who has been nothing but respectful to the band the last 7 years start making up lies about them?

People who are masters of PR have a way of putting a spin on situations to promote themselves. Just like N6 saying that Axl will be a great frontman for AC/DC.
These guys have tickets and records to SELL.
James Michael has a great voice for BROADWAY. Not so sure about world domination as a rockstar.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:02 PM »

Wow. I am speechless.

Annie darlin', when it comes to DJ Ashba, you are NEVER speechless.   Tongue  I swear, it is a damn shame that DJ is already married, because NOBODY pays more attention to him than you do.  If DJ saw the frequency of your posts about him, he'd probably get a restraining order.  hihi

Check my posts from the past.  No need to regurgitate it all.

Obviously there is a need, because you certainly do!  Every chance you get!   yes

And checking your posts from the past just shows without question that you are the paper clip and DJ is the MAGNET!   Cool
Annie
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:06 PM »

Wow. I am speechless.

Annie darlin', when it comes to DJ Ashba, you are NEVER speechless.   Tongue  I swear, it is a damn shame that DJ is already married, because NOBODY pays more attention to him than you do.  If DJ saw the frequency of your posts about him, he'd probably get a restraining order.  hihi

Check my posts from the past.  No need to regurgitate it all.

Obviously there is a need, because you certainly do!  Every chance you get!   yes

And checking your posts from the past just shows without question that you are the paper clip and DJ is the MAGNET!   Cool
Hardly. I just get really mad at the way he twists things around. I am loyal to Axl not DJ! rant
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »

Hardly. I just get really mad at the way he twists things around.

He does have that magic touch to just get you, doesn't he?   hihi

I mean, there are two certainties in life:

1. Death.
2. Whenever a DJ Ashba thread pops up, you know Little Annie's ass will be ALL OVER it!   ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

"Shame.  This was a missed opportunity."

- no one, ever

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

So the reunion was a fact last July at the latest. That much we know at this point.

Slash said he hadn't talked to Axl in a long time in May of 2015. He could have be covering up of course, but if was true, it all came together between May and July of 2015 then.

Maybe Slash hadn't spoken to Axl face to face in May. But his lawyers and manager were in talks with TB. I seem to remember Eddie Trunk said in late 2014 that things were put into motion. So it is possible in July the reunion was fact or at least close to be
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »

Not sure why 'loyalty' to Axl is an issue- there was never any bad blood, he left the band, was always polite about the band, and (as far as I know) decent to the fans.

I say good luck to him- I'm pretty sure he could have made himself a heck of a lot of money by sticking around!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »

If this is really true, this was Axl's dumbest idea ever!
Really? Did he really think that Ashba was necessary? I just can't believe it.

Edit: I mean if the idea was to have him as a third guitarrist.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:10:10 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

All I know is that I am very happy he isn't involved in any way, shape, or form. That is my nice response. Wanna hear my real thoughts? nervous

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: