Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44120 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 05:10:04 PM »

We all constantly whine about not knowing what's been going on behind-the-scenes. 

We finally get a glimmer and it's met with nothing but hate.

Don't know why this info is so surprising to some of you.  Axl always seemed to like Ashba being in the band. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »

I would have loved to see Buckethead as part of the tour? but not DJ... there is only space for one top hat in GN'R  smoking

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »

Pfffffft  Roll Eyes
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:59 PM »

We all constantly whine about not knowing what's been going on behind-the-scenes. 

Don't know why this info is so surprising to some of you.  Axl always seemed to like Ashba being in the band. 

temporary loss of sanity...ok...6 year loss of sanity.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:17:46 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 05:24:10 PM »

Wow. I am speechless. Does this guy have any shame? he should audition for a role as Frank Gallagher's long lost illegitimate son in SHAMELESS. talk about reinventing the past. just saying...
Somebody wants to boost record and ticket sales.

Reinventing the past?  Are you saying he is lying about Axl asking him to be a part of this?  Why would someone who has been nothing but respectful to the band the last 7 years start making up lies about them?

People who are masters of PR have a way of putting a spin on situations to promote themselves. Just like N6 saying that Axl will be a great frontman for AC/DC.
These guys have tickets and records to SELL.

You do realize that every rock star is being asked about the Axl Rose/AC/DC thing right?  He isn't just going around bringing that up.

The only difference here was that Nikki Sixx was one of the only ones to say something positive about it!  I thought his analysis of Axl having the perfect voice for the material was spot on. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:25:45 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:04 PM »

If this is really true, this was Axl's dumbest idea ever!
Really? Did he really think that Ashba was necessary? I just can't believe it.

Edit: I mean if the idea was to have him as a third guitarrist.

Maybe it was an idea that was brought to the table among many others. Then they agreed what do and what not to do. Is DJ necessary? No, in fact I never like the way he played nor his image
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »

I would have loved to see Buckethead as part of the tour? but not DJ... there is only space for one top hat in GN'R  smoking

Don't you find it interesting that Axl wanted three guitarists?  Presumably he'd want that because that's how the CD material was written by people who are not DJ.  But since Ashba RESPECTFULLY turned down the gig, GNR went with only two guitarist.

Says a lot, IMO.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 05:28:51 PM »

Maybe it was an idea that was brought to the table among many others. Then they agreed what do and what not to do. Is DJ necessary? No, in fact I never like the way he played nor his image

Ashba said that Axl himself specifically asked him to be a part of the rejoining.

Princess Leia
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »

Ashba said that Axl himself specifically asked him to be a part of the rejoining.

It is possible Axl asked DJ if he was intested if they were discussing adding or not a third guy. And DJ's answer was no
Annie
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »

Wow. I am speechless. Does this guy have any shame? he should audition for a role as Frank Gallagher's long lost illegitimate son in SHAMELESS. talk about reinventing the past. just saying...
Somebody wants to boost record and ticket sales.

Reinventing the past?  Are you saying he is lying about Axl asking him to be a part of this?  Why would someone who has been nothing but respectful to the band the last 7 years start making up lies about them?

People who are masters of PR have a way of putting a spin on situations to promote themselves. Just like N6 saying that Axl will be a great frontman for AC/DC.
These guys have tickets and records to SELL.

You do realize that every rock star is being asked about the Axl Rose/AC/DC thing right?  He isn't just going around bringing that up.

The only difference here was that Nikki Sixx was one of the only ones to say something positive about it!  I thought his analysis of Axl having the perfect voice for the material was spot on. 
I do know that. And what N6 said about Axl is true. But I am not na?ve. He has his own agenda for putting his own spin on things. he has never been nice to Axl in the past. I do not believe DJ's story for one second. Hekkie and Jekkie work together.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 05:45:54 PM »

just came here to see Annie bashing the guy

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Annie
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:05 PM »

just came here to see Annie bashing the guy
I am not bashing the guy. Just his actions.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »

and since we are defined by our actions... hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 06:11:17 PM »

Well put!  Having ditched the Gn'R online community more than a decade ago, why is Ashba such an object of derision?  He's rock n' roll, and was the most rock n' roll of the group when I saw them in '11.  I mean, beggars can't be choosers, so I went to the show even though it wasn't Gn'R to me.  I can't say that I was standing there judging his note-for-note performance, but he performed Slash's guitar parts professionally.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Annie
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »

and since we are defined by our actions... hihi
Can't help myself. His BS just brings out da gangsta in me.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »

Well put!  Having ditched the Gn'R online community more than a decade ago, why is Ashba such an object of derision?  He's rock n' roll, and was the most rock n' roll of the group when I saw them in '11.  I mean, beggars can't be choosers, so I went to the show even though it wasn't Gn'R to me.  I can't say that I was standing there judging his note-for-note performance, but he performed Slash's guitar parts professionally.

IMO, it's not even about Ashba's playing.  He's just the conduit that gave us some insight into Axl's thinking.

JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »

IMO, it's not even about Ashba's playing.  He's just the conduit that gave us some insight into Axl's thinking.

I don't understand.  What fan didn't have insight into Axl's thinking by the fall of '91?  Ashba came along 15 years after Axl had cemented his reputation.  I'm sure you don't want to dredge 5 + years of facts about the guy that others interpret how they see fit and it doesn't matter, to me, since Slash is where he belongs again, but still...  I just clicked on the thread and was like...wow...Ashba was the only rock n' roll that I saw in that show in '11, and he seemed cool anytime I saw him interviewed.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

I don't understand.  What fan didn't have insight into Axl's thinking by the fall of '91?  Ashba came along 15 years after Axl had cemented his reputation.  I'm sure you don't want to dredge 5 + years of facts about the guy that others interpret how they see fit and it doesn't matter, to me, since Slash is where he belongs again, but still...  I just clicked on the thread and was like...wow...Ashba was the only rock n' roll that I saw in that show in '11, and he seemed cool anytime I saw him interviewed.
Axl's thinking as far as the CD material goes.

A lot of people thought when Slash rejoined that would be the end of GNR playing the CD material.  Slash plays the CD material.

Melissa replacing Chris is another indication that Axl is still very keen on the CD material being a part of the GNR legacy.

Now we hear that Axl also wanted three guitarists but not the two guitarist who actually wrote the material.

Could the reworking and release of CD II not be as far away as some might think?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »

If you think DJ Ashba is more rock n roll than Tommy Stinson....oh my....down and out.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »

If you think DJ Ashba is more rock n roll than Tommy Stinson....oh my....down and out.

Really?  I didn't get that at all seeing them in '11.  Aside from the fact that it was tough getting the image of Duff out of my head watching him play Duff's parts, he stood out like a sore thumb--like he was a last-minute replacement from a college station band.  I guess each to their own.  And it's a moot point, Duff has dismissed the kids and is plugged-in now.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: