Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  (VIDEO) Does This April 30 Performance Prove ADLER Can Tour With GN'R?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (VIDEO) Does This April 30 Performance Prove ADLER Can Tour With GN'R?  (Read 6195 times)
Paco1936
Opening Act

« on: May 01, 2016, 08:44:55 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/GunsNRosesNewsOficial/videos/vb.729821530372392/1103286226359252/?type=2&theater
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:14:39 AM »

guest-apperance would b pwn

edit: oh rly. offical gnr reported this?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:16:16 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »

guest-apperance would b pwn

Not official.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »

Yeah, Guns N' Roses News Oficial. Sure sounds oficial to me...   Wink

Seriously, how many official fan pages are there out there?
No wonder people get confused.

The only official sources for GN'R news are:
www.gunsnroses.com
www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/
www.twitter.com/gunsnroses/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »

Does it prove that he could perhaps guest on Brownstone? Sure, maybe.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:08:08 PM »

Answering the topics question: Hell no.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »

In regards to "Adler not being able to tour with Guns", I always took that as a reference to "Can he stay away from drugs or alcohol"? He's an addict and even though he may be clean for "X" amount of time, stadium tour with GnR is a HUGE Temptation!!! Ability to play, as far as I'm concerned, was never a question, just his health and well being.

And there is also the comment from Axl (yes, I know, same guy who said that either him or Slash would die before they shared the stage again) something about one show with Adler would mean a lifetime of dealing with his lawyers and his mom. May not be worth the hassle.

Now, I would love to see, for the 30th anniversary, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven play life Appetite from beginning to end. I think that would be a killer show. But in the end, and I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen the word "Reunion" when looking at the promos for this tour. I see it as Duff and Slash are back in, but they're still marching forward.

But to think a 50 second clip "proves" that Steven could tour with GnR, No, I don't think it does.

The End.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 03:16:35 PM »

I could see him guesting on a track here and there for sure, but I can't picture him touring with them.  Same goes for Izzy.  Neither have proven they have the stamina and ability to go hard night after night at this stage in their lives.  That is not a knock on them, its just the truth, they don't perform live very often.  Although I think  Izzy could do it, but it doesn't seem like he wants to.

It is crazy to me that someone like Steven with Guns N Roses and "Appetite For Destruction" on his resume has been unable to pick up another high profile gig somewhere in the last 25 years.  Or even start a new successful band of his own.  He literally just plays in small LA club bands.  How many big rock bands have needed a drummer in the last 25 years, it is hard to believe he hasn't landed somewhere.  There has got to be more to it behind the scenes that we don't know about that just makes it not worth it to work with him.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:12:31 AM »

How many big rock bands have needed a drummer in the last 25 years, it is hard to believe he hasn't landed somewhere.  There has got to be more to it behind the scenes that we don't know about that just makes it not worth it to work with him.

There really isn't anything "behind the scenes" that we don't know about. He has been a complete trainwreck drug addict for most of the last 25 years and hasn't landed a good gig as a result.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
firecracker69
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 01:42:13 AM »

I have to agree with most. While I think Steven has that boyish grin that is sometimes considered innocent and fun loving, him as a full time drummer in GnR just doesn
't make sense to me. I won't knock the guy trying to stay clean but realistically that's just it. He is back and forth on it. Then there's the whole what happens when he slips again or if he slips up I should say? Will he then try to sue again or rather will his mommy hire a lawyer for him?
I tend to look at Steven as use kid gloves. He's very sensitive and I can see him blaming anyone and everyone for his issues and or short comings. In his last interviews he said over and over again how Slash and Duff don't think he's cool. I mean as a man who cares who thinks your cool. That's life but it's something a kid would say. There's aso the question of can he even pLay the more evolved songs of Gnr.

On and on I can go but there's enough reason. I wish Steven all the best in life, sobriety, and musically and would love to see him do some guest shows but I think at this point that's about all that will happen. Maybe down the line who knows.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:46:22 AM by firecracker69 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: