Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58049 times)
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »

Ha, fun times. 

You never know what we will do next... Real life Q&A's. 

Hi Fernando,

Quick question.... i see a pic of a board member from mygnr and you ended up on their site with some information attributed to you about when guns maybe touring outside the US late 2016 and through 2017.

Specifically - That Guns would be down in Australia in January 2017?

Any truth to that?  Wink Cheesy

edited to add - i dont actually expect you to confirm this question, but i had to try!  Wink

I hope we get the whole video of this interview session and someone who was there has given an account of the hour from the front seat.He even asked a question.

LOL @Oscar  You really are trying aren't you.  rofl   I met Team Brazil in 2013 and they were so nice & friendly. Fernando might see your question and give some answer even if he can't confirm it. Keep trying, us Aussies need pity being so far away from the rest of the world
!!!  yes

Cheesy

hey, if you dont buy a ticket... you cant win can you? i had to at least try! hehe

It's funny, because there seems to be a lot more "news outlets" (and i use that term very loosely, because i cant think of what else to call them lol) monitoring the forums these days. So i fully understand if Fernando just laughs off my question... I kinda feel a bit sorry for him, if a fan has asked him a few questions in a hotel lobby and hes been honest enough to answer (and you kind of have proof of your meeting via a photo or whatever) its pretty ordinary form to announce it all over a message board which then gets picked up by these gossips sites and makes its way out to the stratosphere.

I hope the news is right though.... ill be lining up for tickets no matter what once/if they get down here.  yes

You buy them online before the pre sales which we did & got front row. If they do announce dates & when tickets go on sale I'll let you know who we used. We were upgraded from the side to the front & got backstage passes from BBF after the show. A night I'll never forget.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »

Ha, fun times. 

what a tease!  hihi

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »

it makes sense that he would have his first interview at such an event considering the things he's said about china in the past. very smart to use the attention for a good cause he cares about and not give it to the press.

so from what i read, sounds like a european tour and new music with duff and slash is a strong probability. he also allegedly said slash made things up in his book, but that their current relationship is good and he appreciates slash's effort on the songs (cd stuff id assume?).

his favorite stuff to perform is the cd stuff. that's awesome.

supposedly mentioned that writing a book is a possibility but, something to the effect of it may open old wounds by telling his side of the story. overall i dont think he said anything overtly negative about slash, but said mostly good things .

cant wait to see the full event.

I think asking about new music must be the most annoying question for everyone concerned in the band or TB. They've been asked this for how many years now? I know we want new music but it's the last thing I'd ask about, they will let us know when they're about to release something and it's the one question you're sure not to get an answer on & you've wasted time you could have spent talking & joking about something else. The fans in Portugal got a good response from Axl as nobody asked about music & he was enjoying himself as much as the people he was chatting to.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 10:46:30 PM »

Ha, fun times. 

Hi Fernando,

Quick question.... i see a pic of a board member from mygnr and you ended up on their site with some information attributed to you about when guns maybe touring outside the US late 2016 and through 2017.

edited to add - i dont actually expect you to confirm this question, but i had to try!  Wink

I hope we get the whole video of this interview session and someone who was there has given an account of the hour from the front seat.He even asked a question.

LOL @Oscar  You really are trying aren't you.  rofl   I met Team Brazil in 2013 and they were so nice & friendly. Fernando might see your question and give some answer even if he can't confirm it. Keep trying, us Aussies need pity being so far away from the rest of the world
!!!  yes

Cheesy

hey, if you dont buy a ticket... you cant win can you? i had to at least try! hehe

It's funny, because there seems to be a lot more "news outlets" (and i use that term very loosely, because i cant think of what else to call them lol) monitoring the forums these days. So i fully understand if Fernando just laughs off my question... I kinda feel a bit sorry for him, if a fan has asked him a few questions in a hotel lobby and hes been honest enough to answer (and you kind of have proof of your meeting via a photo or whatever) its pretty ordinary form to announce it all over a message board which then gets picked up by these gossips sites and makes its way out to the stratosphere.

I hope the news is right though.... ill be lining up for tickets no matter what once/if they get down here.  yes

You buy them online before the pre sales which we did & got front row. If they do announce dates & when tickets go on sale I'll let you know who we used. We were upgraded from the side to the front & got backstage passes from BBF after the show. A night I'll never forget.

thats pretty awesome man, yeah would be good if you can give me some inside info on how to secure the best tickets Smiley

Which show did u go to last time?

I was at the Newcastle show in 2013. i was about 5 people back and have epic memories of that night.  peace
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »

Ha, fun times. 

Hi Fernando,

!!!  yes

Cheesy

thats pretty awesome man, yeah would be good if you can give me some inside info on how to secure the best tickets Smiley

I was at the Newcastle show in 2013. i was about 5 people back and have epic memories of that night.  peace

Melbourne 17th March 2013 at Myer Music Bowl. Yes remind me when rumours begin about dates & we'll search for this crowd who sold the tickets. Aussie post didn't deliver them despite being registered mail to be signed for so the Co left the tickets at the venue for us. Aussie Post said they had no record of the register post number but what do you know, they turned up 2 weeks after they'd been posted.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 02:04:17 AM »

Ha, fun times. 

Hi Fernando,

!!!  yes

Cheesy

Melbourne 17th March 2013 at Myer Music Bowl. Yes remind me when rumours begin about dates & we'll search for this crowd who sold the tickets. Aussie post didn't deliver them despite being registered mail to be signed for so the Co left the tickets at the venue for us. Aussie Post said they had no record of the register post number but what do you know, they turned up 2 weeks after they'd been posted.

WOW, ID HAVE BEEN STRESSING IF MY TICKETS HADNT TURNED UP ON TIME LOL Shocked

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 02:09:31 AM »

So the bits and bobs from this session that we learned -

Axl does regular vocal exercises with his old vocal coach from 20 years ago.

Axl apparently made his voice cleaner for CD which he feels people didnt respond well too.

Axl may release his own book.

Axl is impressed by Slash's work ethic, him and Duff learnt all the CD material on their own unprompted.

Axl believes Slash fabricated some details in his book and told him so in 2015 over the phone when they patched things up.

Axl is working on new music which Duff n Slash have received positively. Smiley

Axl is open to working on new Music with Angus.

The current Guns n Roses arrangement is one that Axl would like to keep going for quite a while.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:12:35 AM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2016, 02:18:45 AM »

it makes sense that he would have his first interview at such an event considering the things he's said about china in the past. very smart to use the attention for a good cause he cares about and not give it to the press.

so from what i read, sounds like a european tour and new music with duff and slash is a strong probability. he also allegedly said slash made things up in his book, but that their current relationship is good and he appreciates slash's effort on the songs (cd stuff id assume?).

his favorite stuff to perform is the cd stuff. that's awesome.

supposedly mentioned that writing a book is a possibility but, something to the effect of it may open old wounds by telling his side of the story. overall i dont think he said anything overtly negative about slash, but said mostly good things .

cant wait to see the full event.

I think asking about new music must be the most annoying question for everyone concerned in the band or TB. They've been asked this for how many years now? I know we want new music but it's the last thing I'd ask about, they will let us know when they're about to release something and it's the one question you're sure not to get an answer on & you've wasted time you could have spent talking & joking about something else. The fans in Portugal got a good response from Axl as nobody asked about music & he was enjoying himself as much as the people he was chatting to.

I think asking about new music shows support for it. Besides, how could we not? And every now and then, some answers and tidbits of information come to the surface thanks to people asking questions about it, so I wouldn't say it's completely futile. Some of us are dying for some new tunes, and I think it's important to an extent for them to be asked about it. If one of them comes out and says "knock it off with the new music questions", that would be a different story though. I guess Ax got sick of those questions pre Chi Dem, but I think it's a little different this time around.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 03:18:02 AM »

https://youtu.be/t3fckJMnMjA

Goes to just audio but still pretty good
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2016, 03:29:12 AM »

Puts headphones in and you're fine
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »

What a strange event for him to be a part of- I wonder how it came about?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2016, 05:38:45 AM »

This is awesome. Unexpected and his replies are very good. He needs to do this more often.  beer smoking peace
KillerK
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:34 AM »

Agreed! The girl (previous poster)'s got rhythm. Hint Hint Next revamp on the US tour song for Axl/DC?
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:58 AM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion-album-criticizes-slash-book/

Full video is here.  Just found, can't watch until later.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »

So the bits and bobs from this session that we learned -

Axl does regular vocal exercises with his old vocal coach from 20 years ago.

Axl apparently made his voice cleaner for CD which he feels people didnt respond well too.

Axl may release his own book.

Axl is impressed by Slash's work ethic, him and Duff learnt all the CD material on their own unprompted.

Axl believes Slash fabricated some details in his book and told him so in 2015 over the phone when they patched things up.

Axl is working on new music which Duff n Slash have received positively. Smiley

Axl is open to working on new Music with Angus.

The current Guns n Roses arrangement is one that Axl would like to keep going for quite a while.

I tried listening... and it's hard to make some words out... this was actually infuriating... because I want to ask like a billion follow up questions to the brief responses he gave !

Like... I told Slash when we first talked that you made up all this shit in the book!!! .....

Well what the hell did Slash to say to that? lol

Really looking forward to hearing more from him and the others.... I do hope Eddie Trunk gets to interview them because he will ask some of the right questions.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:00:54 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2016, 09:14:45 AM »

I'd love to know how and why he agreed to make this what seems like a random appearance.

The guy is endless entertainment... him answering questions on ANY subject is in a way more fascinating than any concert or song could ever be.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-talks-about-working-on-new-music-relationship-with-angus-young-and-possible-autobiography/

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »

that was really cool.

interesting new details about the actual band & CD.

about the vocal coach, is it Don Lawrence ?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »

that was really cool.

interesting new details about the actual band & CD.

about the vocal coach, is it Don Lawrence ?
He's worked with Ron Anderson in the past, who's been nothing but complimentary of him in the past.  It may be Anderson.

Ali
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »

oh okay I thought he worked with him in the CD years

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: