Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:10:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58515 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »

20 Things We Learned During Axl Rose?s New Q&A Session

The Guns N? Roses reunion didn?t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right.?
Say what??  confused

Dude!, the reunion tour is called "NOT IN THIS LIFETIME"  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »

I think its also going to become clearer and clearer that this could have happened a long time ago if not for the book Slash wrote.

I don't think so. Slash went to Axl's house long before he wrote the book. And he couldn't talk to Axl
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:14 PM »

The Guns N? Roses reunion didn?t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right.?
Say what??  confused

Ha yeah... a bit of a contradiction there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »

So, it looks like even though he's played some of the next album for Slash and Duff, and they responded positively to it,  their involvement will depend on whether they feel like they have an idea, or could add something to existing songs, going by his "if he wants to play on something, that would be great" comment.  It also looks like they may not appear on every track. Hmm...

That would be weird IMO.
But it seems that they haven't objectively talked about it, which makes sense since they have a big tour coming.

Yeah, it seems like it's kind of up in the air.  He got the ball rolling by playing them some of the new stuff, hopefully things snowball from here.  Who knows? Maybe we'll here one or two of them live "soon", however unlikely. Could help them organically form what they'll sound like on the album with Slash & Duff's input.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2016, 03:30:16 PM »

I think its also going to become clearer and clearer that this could have happened a long time ago if not for the book Slash wrote.

I don't think so. Slash went to Axl's house long before he wrote the book. And he couldn't talk to Axl

I think the book was the nail in the coffin... until 2015... which for some reason cooler heads prevailed a little bit. Gotta believe Duff was in his ear saying... we can hash this out.

Duff had the same "lies" in his book... so maybe they were all able to understand that nobody was lying and just how they saw it or how the information was relayed to them.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »

Different perspectives bring different views of reality.  Being on drugs doesn't help.  Gotta figure that some shit is just plain made up to fill in the blanks.

Regarding new music, better that Axl and Slash wouldn't replace all parts.  If the record is almost done, and Slash finds a way to add to or change a solo, and Axl likes it, they'll record.  But to re-record everything, that would be a nightmare, no? 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »

Say what??  confused

Ha yeah... a bit of a contradiction there.

LOL, maybe he meant someone else's lifetime. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:54 PM »

I think...we all say things we don't really mean when we're pissed.  I think both in a business sense and in his heart, Axl never fully closed that door.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

I think...we all say things we don't really mean when we're pissed.  I think both in a business sense and in his heart, Axl never fully closed that door.

Exactly, but remember the flack people got (mainly here) by even mentioning or suggesting a reunion in years past?  A bit ironic, no?  This whole time, even when some pretty definitive stuff was being said (cough, cancer, cough) it was always a possibility. 
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2016, 05:09:13 PM »

regarding "new" music, Axl has 2-3 albums worth of unreleased material, we all have been hearing about that for over a decade. He has plenty to work with. I'm thinking he will work on brand new stuff with duff and slash and release material from the vault in a possible box set.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:22 PM »

Exactly, but remember the flack people got (mainly here) by even mentioning or suggesting a reunion in years past?  A bit ironic, no?  This whole time, even when some pretty definitive stuff was being said (cough, cancer, cough) it was always a possibility. 

Oh fucking please!  Get over your bleeding heart selves!!!

First off, I was only teasing/joking with my post.

Second, obviously something changed between then and now but when he said it, it was most definitely meant in his heart, mind, body and soul.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2016, 05:30:20 PM »

Axl has so much music finished that, maybe, he?s working w/ slash and duff on NEW songs (or new to us, but old tunes for them) thinking "let?s do that, and if someday this shit ends, I still have all that songs and albuns already done from those years, away from the royalties drama and I?m fine calling ashba, ron and thommy to tour on it".

RnT
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

On topic: Best Axl "interview" in years!  peace
(Still can?t understand why he didn?t do this as a press conference with slash and duff tho  Lips Sealed)

inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »

really enjoyed watching that
like the relaxed setting
also very cool that when the moderator was summing up an dsaying axl hould be alllowed to leave with no fuss he just said he'd stay and do whatever the audience wanted
(presume autographs and photos were done)
odd isnt it that after the endless shit the press writes about him he actually comes across really well

also he seems really happy with the reunion and acdc which is great news for people like me who just want to be able to get to hear new tracks with axl on vocals
 ok

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

back to new music, if Axl said this, then it is pretty apparent he isn't giving up control....at all.

"I do want to put out more music with Guns N? Roses, and I don?t know if that has to do with Slash or not. ? If he wants to play on something, that would be great."

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2016, 05:44:11 PM »

(Still can?t understand why he didn?t do this as a press conference with slash and duff tho  Lips Sealed)

Instead of talking to the regular media, and help them sell their newspapers, magazines, get click to their sites, he did something where regular (I mean, huge/massive/gigantic) fans got to ask him the questions...

Seems like he just decided to skip the middle men and talk directly with the fans.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »

its fucking great he did it without press the interview is far mores natural relaxed for it

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
RnT
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »

Instead of talking to the regular media, and help them sell their newspapers, magazines, get click to their sites, he did something where regular (I mean, huge/massive/gigantic) fans got to ask him the questions...

Seems like he just decided to skip the middle men and talk directly with the fans.  ok

/jarmo

But what about that "the band won?t do interviews" by management? If Axl decided to do this this way, to me seems that Duff and Slash can talk to whatever newspapers, magazines, get click to their sites they want to

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »

/jarmo

I hear you, and that's great that he's decided to do that

But still, don't you think that at some point he's gonna have to do some mainstream press?

I know Axl got A LOT of shit from most of the press during his whole life, and I can understand the fact that he doesn't want to talk to them, but there has to be some journalist from some big press organization tha he doesn't hate, and can talk to.

Take a look at this Q&A he did in London. Nobody, even us, knew he was going to do that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »

But what about that "the band won?t do interviews" by management? If Axl decided to do this this way, to me seems that Duff and Slash can talk to whatever newspapers, magazines, get click to their sites they want to

Maybe they didn't, until the right one came along.

I hear you, and that's great that he's decided to do that

But still, don't you think that at some point he's gonna have to do some mainstream press?

I know Axl got A LOT of shit from most of the press during his whole life, and I can understand the fact that he doesn't want to talk to them, but there has to be some journalist from some big press organization tha he doesn't hate, and can talk to.

Take a look at this Q&A he did in London. Nobody, even us, knew he was going to do that.

I don't know if he has to.
He did this Q&A and it's all over the media.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: