Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58473 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »

I think its also going to become clearer and clearer that this could have happened a long time ago if not for the book Slash wrote.

I don't think so. Slash went to Axl's house long before he wrote the book. And he couldn't talk to Axl

I think the book was the nail in the coffin... until 2015... which for some reason cooler heads prevailed a little bit. Gotta believe Duff was in his ear saying... we can hash this out.

Duff had the same "lies" in his book... so maybe they were all able to understand that nobody was lying and just how they saw it or how the information was relayed to them.

great post. And this is how i kind of feel things played out. I mean.. even duff at the start of his books says something on the lines of this is how things played out from his side and that others may have different versions of events...

and i think thats something Axl probably had problems coming to grips with... others told their story and Axl was like.. hang on.. that never happened. And it may well not have happened.. but from Slash or Duffs perspective thats how it happened.

It is possible for no-one to be actually wrong. Or everyone to be wrong... sometimes thats just how it  is.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »

back to new music, if Axl said this, then it is pretty apparent he isn't giving up control....at all.

"I do want to put out more music with Guns N? Roses, and I don?t know if that has to do with Slash or not. ? If he wants to play on something, that would be great."

I think that, at some point, they'll have to find their way as a band if they want this to work long term.
It can't be only recording and reworking Axl's material. I'm sure everyone else could contribute with great stuff. But it seems to me that he is walking on thin ice, because they still don't have any plans and he doesn't know if Slash and Duff want to do it...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2016, 07:12:07 PM »

and i think thats something Axl probably had problems coming to grips with... others told their story and Axl was like.. hang on.. that never happened. And it may well not have happened.. but from Slash or Duffs perspective thats how it happened.

WTF??  Why does Axl have to come to grips with Slash n' Duff misremembering??

According to Axl in this interview, he said straight out to Slash that things in Slash's book never happened.

And Duff himself said that his memory isn't exactly too accurate.
GN'R went to Czechoslovakia in 1992. Duff was interviewed at the show by MTV Europe.  Duff doesn't remember being there.
?Maybe she was onto something, though, as a few days later I woke up in Budapest, Hungary, and looked incredulously at my passport. In it was a stamp from the Czech Republic. We had played a gig in Prague. I couldn?t remember having been there at all.?
(Excerpt From: McKagan, Duff. ?It?s So Easy.?)

So, in your opinion, Axl has to come to grips with GNR not really playing that show, that they in fact did play, because Duff has no memory of it??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »

According to Axl in this interview, he said straight out to Slash that things in Slash's book never happened.

GN'R went to Czechoslovakia in 1992. Duff was interviewed at the show by MTV Europe.  Duff doesn't remember being there.
?Maybe she was onto something, though, as a few days later I woke up in Budapest, Hungary, and looked incredulously at my passport. In it was a stamp from the Czech Republic. We had played a gig in Prague. I couldn?t remember having been there at all.?

So, in your opinion, Axl has to come to grips with GNR not really playing that show, that they in fact did play, because Duff has no memory of it??

Did you read what i wrote or just decide to mouth off for the sake of it?Huh  Shocked

You are using a pretty stupid example to try and make a point. Do you think they have been fighting for 19 years over whether they played a gig in the Czech Republic? If you are going to make a point, id have expected a better example than that.

All i said was... that its obvious that there was 2 versions of events and those differed for years... none of us know how the conversation played out when they spoke... but they've obviously found some middle ground somewhere. I never said Axl had to come to grips with others misremembering.. i said axl probably had problems coming to grips with the others versions of events... i never indicated who was right or who was wrong.. Axl may well have been wrong.. or right.. who fucking knows.. not you... not me. Maybe Slash admitted to telling lies in his book.. maybe he didnt?Huh

for the record, since you are being a dick about things... show me one piece of evidence to back up your example of them fighting about playing that show? see.... i can be a dick about things too when i want.  yes

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2016, 07:31:25 PM »

Did you read what i wrote or just decide to mouth off for the sake of it?Huh  Shocked

You are using a pretty stupid example to try and make a point. Do you think they have been fighting for 19 years over whether they played a gig in the Czech Republic? If you are going to make a point, id have expected a better example than that.

All i said was... that its obvious that there was 2 versions of events and those differed for years... none of us know how the conversation played out when they spoke... but they've obviously found some middle ground somewhere. I never said Axl had to come to grips with others misremembering.. i said axl probably had problems coming to grips with the others versions of events... i never indicated who was right or who was wrong.. Axl may well have been wrong.. or right.. who fucking knows.. not you... not me. Maybe Slash admitted to telling lies in his book.. maybe he didnt?Huh

for the record, since you are being a dick about things... show me one piece of evidence to back up your example of them fighting about playing that show? see.... i can be a dick about things too when i want.  yes

pump your brakes, hombre. you keep talking like that to people somebody is going to start crying  hihi

at the end of the day is it really that relevant? we got bigger, more important things to talk about here.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »

Relax.  All I said was that Axl said he broached the subject of what was and wasn't true in that book directly to Slash himself and that Duff himself admitted that his memory was very subjective.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »

I though it was respectful how he said he really liked the last incarnation of GNR and was proud of what they accomplished..
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2016, 08:53:57 PM »

only gnr fans can take something positive like Slash, Duff and Axl reconciling and hashing out their shit, and turn it into beating a dead horse.

just enjoy the fucking ride.  who gives a shit about the past?  i think that's something Axl was trying to convey today too

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »

only gnr fans can take something positive like Slash, Duff and Axl reconciling and hashing out their shit, and turn it into beating a dead horse.

just enjoy the fucking ride.  who gives a shit about the past?  i think that's something Axl was trying to convey today too

You're not curious how - after all the past - they came back together and were able hash out their shit and reconcile?

Their past is very much a part of their and our present.

JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2016, 09:05:55 PM »

You're not curious how - after all the past - they came back together and were able hash out their shit and reconcile?

Of course I'm curious and I hope that they tell us the story one day.  I'm not going to speculate on every little detail.

I'm sure it was as simple as "i remember it this way and i remember it this way.  well shit, lets just put it in the past because we were both probably wrong to some extent"

GNR fans, for the most part, just want to focus on the drama and negativity

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2016, 09:22:56 PM »

I'm not going to speculate on every little detail.

I'm sure it was as simple as .....

I want every little detail and, until I get it, I want to speculate about it..... so I joined a GNR fan forum.

I'm sure whatever "it" was, "it" was anything but simple!!!

GNR fans, for the most part, just want to focus on the drama and negativity

And yes, I do want to focus on the drama but not on the negativity.  There has been undeniable drama for decades.  I want to know how they got past all that.

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

But what about that "the band won?t do interviews" by management? If Axl decided to do this this way, to me seems that Duff and Slash can talk to whatever newspapers, magazines, get click to their sites they want to

Maybe they didn't, until the right one came along.

I hear you, and that's great that he's decided to do that

But still, don't you think that at some point he's gonna have to do some mainstream press?

I know Axl got A LOT of shit from most of the press during his whole life, and I can understand the fact that he doesn't want to talk to them, but there has to be some journalist from some big press organization tha he doesn't hate, and can talk to.

Take a look at this Q&A he did in London. Nobody, even us, knew he was going to do that.

I don't know if he has to.
He did this Q&A and it's all over the media.....

/jarmo

Maybe he doesn't have too

IMO he should
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2016, 09:28:26 PM »

I'm most curious on whether they will make new music, and where the music came from (the vault, old stuff they worked on in the 90's, or new material).  

The past is the past...of course we'd like to find out the "truth"...but the reality is we'll probably never get it.  We have Slash's and Duff's versions in their books, and it sounds like maybe Axl's in the future.  Whoever you like more, you will likely gravitate towards their version of it.  That's the closest we're going to get (IMO).
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2016, 09:42:54 PM »

/jarmo

IMO he should

Why should he?  Asking in all earnestness, that's not code for 'he doesn't owe anyone anything, etc..." 
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »

The past is the past...of course we'd like to find out the "truth"...but the reality is we'll probably never get it.  We have Slash's and Duff's versions in their books, and it sounds like maybe Axl's in the future.  Whoever you like more, you will likely gravitate towards their version of it.  That's the closest we're going to get (IMO).
Totally agree with the fact that we'll probably never get the "truth" and fans will gravitate towards the version of who they like more.

But again IMO, their past is their and our present so the speculation is inevitable and keeps this and other forums in business.

I'm most curious on whether they will make new music, and where the music came from (the vault, old stuff they worked on in the 90's, or new material).
I'm curious about IF they will release new music. 

I wasn't curious about where it would come from until Axl insinuated that he would be open to hearing what Slash might do with stuff from the vault.  From a speculation standpoint, it peaked my curiosity that if either one wasn't "feeling" the others' contribution to any given song that Axl wouldn't scrap said song but would instead use the contribution of previous band members.  (At least that's what I think he insinuated.)

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »

/jarmo

IMO he should

Why should he?  Asking in all earnestness, that's not code for 'he doesn't owe anyone anything, etc..." 

I think that one of the main reasons Axl got/gets a lot of shit in the press is because he has always treated them disrespectfully.  And then he used to get bashed because of it, used to get angrier and treated them with even more disrespect. In other words, it's a vicious cycle.

I follow a great deal of bands (The Stones, Springsteen, Aerosmith, etc.), and they all do mainstream press. Rolling Stone covers, Late Night talk shows, interviews, press releases, etc.

I've always wondered why can't we get something like that with GNR. I feel like all we've done these past 16 years is just especulate on these boards.

Sure, we got some tours, and some press releases, and one album, but real information has always been to much difficult to find, and that can be really frustrating for us fans. And also, this lack of real news doesn't help the band's, and especially Axl's, image to the general public aswell.

PS.: On a side note, I think an autobiography by Axl would certainly be one of the most interesting things to read. And I don't mean the story behind the break up, because, as some of you said before, it's really a matter of personal views, there's no entire truth about it.

I'd prefer to read about his childhood, how it affected his adult life, how it generated his psycological problems (bipolar disorder for example), what he's been through and what he did to overcome those problems.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »

back to new music, if Axl said this, then it is pretty apparent he isn't giving up control....at all.

"I do want to put out more music with Guns N? Roses, and I don?t know if that has to do with Slash or not. ? If he wants to play on something, that would be great."

looks like the second half of chinese (whether or not it's called "cd2" or something else) is headed our way, with or without slash. im glad he's not shelving the stuff he did with the cd lineups in favor of reworked old demos or something new altogether.

i am very happy to hear this. as far as im concerned cd2 means anything written in the cd era done in the the progressive style that he championed in that era. a progressive follow up to "that" album, not a retreading of old ground.

"i don't know if that has to do with slash or not". if it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with slash, it definitely has something to do with the cd era guys.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2016, 12:03:01 AM »

I think that, at some point, they'll have to find their way as a band if they want this to work long term.
It can't be only recording and reworking Axl's material. I'm sure everyone else could contribute with great stuff. But it seems to me that he is walking on thin ice, because they still don't have any plans and he doesn't know if Slash and Duff want to do it...

I don't see an album with Slash or Duff on it if it's only Axl's material. I don't think Axl would be doin right if he really hopes that. Slash and Duff deserve the same credit as Axl in Guns n' Roses.   

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2016, 12:05:29 AM »

I don't see an album with Slash or Duff on it if it's only Axl's material. I don't think Axl would be doin right if he really hopes that. Slash and Duff deserve the same credit as Axl in Guns n' Roses.   

That being said, i think they will find a way to work on songs from all of them and that the new Guns album will have some Axl's, Duff's and Slash's material. And maybe a song or some riffs from Richard as well

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2016, 12:40:15 AM »

The Most Important:

- New Music
- New Music With This LineUp
- New Music RE-Edited From ChinDem-Era

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●