Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58442 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »

I just struggle to understand how people can't dig more into his answers with follow up questions. I mean, how the hell can you not ask more about when he wants to release, what kind of music, if he wants to write with the new old boys... And also how the reunion happened, how much talk was needed... I mean, even if youre not a superfan, you at least would be curious enough to talk about those things, right?

An interview with Stern would address all of this. It would be epic. I'm fairly certain I heard stern say back in 2010 that Axl would be at the top of his list of people he would love to interview.

hopefully we get more press and some more interviews. he did promise trunk an interview. maybe that will be used to promote the GnR tour.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »

He has been more than lovely with people on the streets, cracking jokes and stuff like that. That Q&A proves that.

He's always been that way with fans.

I get what you're saying, to some it might come as a surprise, and them watching the Q&A might make them realize that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »

Also, he seems to be showing up on time, showing more professionalism, which is great too

Big time.  It's a phenomenal development.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2016, 11:21:13 AM »

In all honesty it doesn't sound like new Guns music is on the horizon any more than it did 5 years ago or when Axl was 'looking very seriously at what he was doing in that regard'

Five years? That comment is from an interview done in April 2014.
Two years is still two years, even if it would feel like five. Wink

Sorry!  hihi

/jarmo

Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'or' or something? In this case it is used to give two seperate examples. Hence 'OR' and not 'AND'.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2016, 11:23:51 AM »

only gnr fans can take something positive like Slash, Duff and Axl reconciling and hashing out their shit, and turn it into beating a dead horse.

just enjoy the fucking ride.  who gives a shit about the past?  i think that's something Axl was trying to convey today too

Ummm a lot of people care about the past.

Slash and Axl didn't talk for almost 19 years or so. Lots of bad blood went down and people would be really intersted into what went down, songs recorded that no one has heard... and the actual relationship now.

The past isn't the point of right now, but you can't forget the past.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2016, 11:28:06 AM »

I must say also that his Q and A definitely makes it sound like Slash and him haven't talked much about doing new music really.

Or they have no concrete plans. The book bit was interesting. I mean how do you write a book now when you basically say a lot of the stuff from your guitarist's book is lies?

Just a little edgy I think. I hope this Ac/Dc thing fades. We've gotten so little Gn'R stuff over the years, we want demos, unreleased, 25th anniversary collections, new album... a best of...

we want material. I just hope the ACDC thing fades out after he helps them out.

But don't damn me
Annie
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

I must say also that his Q and A definitely makes it sound like Slash and him haven't talked much about doing new music really.

Or they have no concrete plans. The book bit was interesting. I mean how do you write a book now when you basically say a lot of the stuff from your guitarist's book is lies?

Just a little edgy I think. I hope this Ac/Dc thing fades. We've gotten so little Gn'R stuff over the years, we want demos, unreleased, 25th anniversary collections, new album... a best of...

we want material. I just hope the ACDC thing fades out after he helps them out.
I hope the AXL/Dc thing goes on for many years to come! It is amazing the chemistry between AXL and Angus.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2016, 11:35:40 AM »

only gnr fans can take something positive like Slash, Duff and Axl reconciling and hashing out their shit, and turn it into beating a dead horse.

just enjoy the fucking ride.  who gives a shit about the past?  i think that's something Axl was trying to convey today too

Slash and Axl didn't talk for almost 19 years or so. Lots of bad blood went down and people would be really intersted into what went down, songs recorded that no one has heard... and the actual relationship now.

But what's the upside?

Seems like all risk, little reward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »

But what's the upside?

In 2014 I would have killed for Axl's detailed account... but now... please I never want to read it, hear it, or see it! Nothing good can come of it. Now, I want to hear about reconciliations, daisies and butterflies only!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:46:12 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »

But what's the upside?

In 2014 I would have killed for Axl's detailed account... but now... please I never want to read it, hear it, or see it! Nothing good can come of it. Now, I want to hear about reconciliations, daisies and butterflies only!

Right...at this point, it's just going to unearth and resurrect bad feelings that (hopefully) have been smoothed over by the recent reunion.  Let's focus on the present now...the past we can get to later.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

But what's the upside?

Upside? Not everything has a upside...

People would like to know about things... I  mean what is happening now is awesome. It is... but I would like some more information on how they got back together, what was said... did Duff play a big part in it?

Anything from their 19 years of nothing, and most importantly I would love to know more about the 1994-1996 years. I think more went down than we know with music and it is interesting. If they are indeed back together for good... why not?

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »

But what's the upside?

Right...at this point, it's just going to unearth and resurrect bad feelings that (hopefully) have been smoothed over by the recent reunion.  Let's focus on the present now...the past we can get to later.

My point man is that things were really bad with them. For them to be back together...

You would thing they've hashed it out. They could basically sell the story of how it all went down and the coming back together. It could be just factual stuff and not be this mess you all think it could turn into.

Axl has addressed Slash's book to Slash, which means its safe to say that they've gotten into this deeply. Why not share it to the fans?

I'm interested. No one else is?

Whatever though. I'm just glad all is well.

But don't damn me
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2016, 12:11:12 PM »

Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'or' or something? In this case it is used to give two seperate examples. Hence 'OR' and not 'AND'.

I do, or maybe I don't, or...?  Embarrassed

But seriously, I think we are closer than we were two or (!) five years ago. Some probably made the same assumption in early 2008, saying we weren't any closer than we were five years before. And look what happened.
So yeah, I think we are closer. Not sure when or (!) how it'll happen, but we're getting closer... Logic. Unless your logic says it will never happen. Then you got a point, but that's not what you think I hope, or is it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »

But what's the upside?

Upside? Not everything has a upside...

People would like to know about things... I  mean what is happening now is awesome. It is... but I would like some more information on how they got back together, what was said... did Duff play a big part in it?

Anything from their 19 years of nothing, and most importantly I would love to know more about the 1994-1996 years. I think more went down than we know with music and it is interesting. If they are indeed back together for good... why not?
Not everything has to have an upside.  That's certainly true.  By that same token, not every question has to be answered and not every detail has to be surrendered. 

They could just as easily say, "the details of how we reconciled personally and professionally will remain between us".

Saying that won't change any of the shows they'll play or any new music they may potentially work on together.

Ali
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »

Even Axl has commented about writting a book

Just a heads up but I don't think it will be a book about the future

It will be a book about the past

I am very interested in te history of guns n roses. 

I would love to hear or read stories about the process of puttin the album CD together

I would also love to hear more stories about the present and future.    I would love someone to actually get a proper interview with follow up questions that are meaningful
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »

I haven't read any of their books and don't plan on it even if Axl wrote one.

1. I have a short attention span.
2. I think you can get most of what you need by looking online at old articles written back at the time the story was actually unfolding.

50 year old men telling stories about things that happened 25 years ago can be dicey at best.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Princess Leia
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »

Even Axl has commented about writting a book

Just a heads up but I don't think it will be a book about the future

It will be a book about the past

I am very interested in te history of guns n roses. 

I would love to hear or read stories about the process of puttin the album CD together

I would also love to hear more stories about the present and future.    I would love someone to actually get a proper interview with follow up questions that are meaningful

I'm not so sure Axl will be writing a biography. I think it would painful and maybe there are some personal issues he wouldn't like to talk about.
To give his side of the story about the GN'R break up it's easy to do. But talking about his childhood, his ex wife/girlfriends or that Yoda person he used to visit in Arizona. I don't know if wants to explain those kind of things.

For follow up questions. We need an interview with Eddie Trunk, RS Magazine or  another chat with fans around forums
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »

I could see the interest in how they patched it up last year.  That's a fun story.

But I not only have no interest in finding out how it all went to hell in 1995, I only see bad things and bad feelings coming back to the surface if you got into it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »

But I not only have no interest in finding out how it all went to hell in 1995, I only see bad things and bad feelings coming back to the surface if you got into it.

Not necessarily.
If there's a happy ending to the story, then it doesn't have to.

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »

Frankly, I think Slash took it WAY easy on Axl in that book.  Imagine the lunacy he left out.
Way easy??  I'd bet the "lunacy" Axl could drop about Slash would way outweigh stories about Axl.  Only difference is people, the fans, the general public, are more interested in any benign story about Axl over an outrageous story about Slash.

I think the only reason Slash didn't go full scorched earth on Axl is because he knew that shuts down a reunion forever.
Bullshit.  The main person who was afraid of a reunion never happening was probably the same person who forced Slash to write the book in the first place.  Since he's no longer married to that person, the reunion has taken place and maybe in that conversation with Axl, Slash admitted to his misremembering the actual facts and circumstances.

Even Slash's dad had to tell him that he, Slash, misremembered his birth certificate indicates where he was actually born.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: