Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Summer Olympics
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Summer Olympics  (Read 38756 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« on: July 18, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »

Let's start a thread for this

I am a huge amateur sports fan.   Not a fan of pros in the Olympics.    Especially since our candain star tennis king pulled out

Russia is in a lot of trouble for there over the top dopping

Personal story.   
At a time I could run.  I could jump.  I could throw.   I could do 10 events very good when I was young.    I was fed every horse pill and milkshake possible once I was noticed as being good.   Then in my last year of big school my knee desires it does not want to be in my body any more

Fact is though.  I garantee most everyone is on some sorta crap  Every nation

And Carol Lewis was the worst

Edit
Thanks beautiful princess

Meant 2016!   Haha

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:50:29 PM by TheBaconman » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:22:39 AM »

Looking forward to Rugby 7. They are the newbies and I'm a Rugby fan  Grin

In other (literally colorful) news...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/shortcuts/2016/jul/18/rio-2016-42-condoms-per-athlete-olympic-village-sex

Gotta love the guy saying that athletes are focused on producing the best performance of their lives. No shit!!!!

rofl rofl rofl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »

The Russia stuff is interesting, I think the olympics will be a mess but hopefully not

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:57 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/shortcuts/2016/jul/18/rio-2016-42-condoms-per-athlete-olympic-village-sex

Gotta love the guy saying that athletes are focused on producing the best performance of their lives. No shit!!!!

rofl rofl rofl

Yes there a couple new events this year I am excited for as well

Sill though 109 m

Decathlon

400m relay 

Are my biggest

I do not care at all abou swimming     You can swim.  Cool.  No big deal
Princess Leia
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:30 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

Sill though 109 m

Decathlon

400m relay 

Are my biggest

Yeah I'm sure you're a great swimmer in your bathtub  rofl

You don't care about swimming. No big deal, uh? When I was in school I participated in a swim competition. I got silver medal doing free style. I didn't expect it but I got it.  I know how it feels to be in the podium.  Grin

I'm a big fun of swiming. I still do it today. Can you swim back and forth in a olympic size pool for near an hour?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 11:29:00 AM »

I'm a big fun of swiming. I still do it today. Can you swim back and forth in a olympic size pool for near an hour?

I can't speak for bacon, but I can categorically say "no".

But then, I'm quite sure I can find other things, that will make me sweaty, that I'd rather do for an hour.  But..admittedly...I probably won't win medals for them, nor do I particularly want people watching me do them. Tongue

beer

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Princess Leia
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »

Well I what I did was just a school competition. I went with no expections. I wasn't freaking out or anything. I didn't know how good or bad the other girls were.

I begun learning how to swim when I was like 4 or 5 years old. I always liked to be in the water. When I was younger during summer vacation I could spend the whole day at the beach. I'm a summer person  Grin  I've always been. And in my appartment building we have a big swiming pool. I don't go to swim everyday. But If I have a really nice swiming pool it would be silly not to enjoy it.

I used to do some running as well. But a few years ago I hurt myself, sprain anckles (yeah both of them) while traning with some friends for one of those marathons that are very popular these days. So I very much give up running  Sad
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 03:41:39 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

Sill though 109 m

Decathlon

400m relay 

Are my biggest

Yeah I'm sure you're a great swimmer in your bathtub  rofl

You don't care about swimming. No big deal, uh? When I was in school I participated in a swim competition. I got silver medal doing free style. I didn't expect it but I got it.  I know how it feels to be in the podium.  Grin

I am a great swimmer.   Still am

Let's see Bolt in the 100 m

Let's see Canada in the relay!

Let's see Canada in the decathlon

Let's see Canada in the 200 m run. 

Let's watch some golf and tennis
Princess Leia
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 07:41:35 AM »

Martial Arts rock!!!  beer
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 01:26:38 AM »

Couple more days, getting really excitted
Princess Leia
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »

I hope I can catch the opening ceremony as it happens. I have no idea about the time zone with Brazil. Otherwise I record it
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »

I hope I can catch the opening ceremony as it happens. I have no idea about the time zone with Brazil. Otherwise I record it

Canada has this great thing set up this year on TV>  There are around 8 dedicated channels to all the different events.   It will be great.

When I grew up all that was available was the American prime time show.  Ugh.   That is still on and just the most homerish one sided crap I have ever seen.

I want to watch events from the best people in the world, not just because they are from my country.  And a whole event, not just highlights

And no gymnastics!!!!!!!!!   haha
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »

I want to watch events from the best people in the world, not just because they are from my country.  And a whole event, not just highlights

Except in the Winter when Curling is on, then we have no real horse in that race.
Princess Leia
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 03:45:21 PM »

Canada has this great thing set up this year on TV>  There are around 8 dedicated channels to all the different events.   It will be great.

When I grew up all that was available was the American prime time show.  Ugh.   That is still on and just the most homerish one sided crap I have ever seen.

And no gymnastics!!!!!!!!!   haha

Here is Europe we also have  at least 8 channels dedicated to sports only. It's not something we just set up this year. It has been going on for a while. For the olympics the most important channels to watch are Eurosport 1 and 2. So we are all going to watch all that takes place and not just highlights nor just my fellow country athtles, with gymnastics included.  smoking
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »

Except in the Winter when Curling is on, then we have no real horse in that race.
I actually really enjoy curling. I watch all the USA matches during the Olympics even though i know our teams aren't that good.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »

I actually really enjoy curling. I watch all the USA matches during the Olympics even though i know our teams aren't that good.

Curling is fun

And if actually makes for good tv

But that has nothing to do with these Olympics. 

I have a Canadian as a fav in the 200 m possible.   Candian woman in the decathlon.   My old event.   And pole vault.      Let's go Canada

The greatest country in the world!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 04:00:16 AM »

Curling is fun

And if actually makes for good tv

But that has nothing to do with these Olympics. 

I have a Canadian as a fav in the 200 m possible.   Candian woman in the decathlon.   My old event.   And pole vault.      Let's go Canada

The greatest country in the world!
Yeah it is. I didn't understand it when i started watching it but i figured it out lol.

I'm most interested to see if Phelps can add to his already record total of medals.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »

Opening day!!

Canada still hasn't called me to participate    I still think I could run a 9.81 100M.   Probably good for a bronze. 

Good read below.   Usain Bolt, hope to sweep his 3 events!  Well duh!   I would say these races will be closer than any other year.....   The americans have a great 100m guy (who is on the juice), Canadians have a great 200M clean athlete and a very good relay team.   Cant wait

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/usain-bolt-injury-hot-topic-rio-olympics.html
Princess Leia
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 05:05:04 PM »

Some football (soccer) games have been going on. But the usual suspects haven't showed all their cards yet. Brazil fans booed they big star Neymar  rofl

Other sport I'll follow is volleyball. I still play this one from time to time.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »

Some football (soccer) games have been going on. But the usual suspects haven't showed all their cards yet. Brazil fans booed they big star Neymar  rofl

Other sport I'll follow is volleyball. I still play this one from time to time.

I like the volleyball as well both men and women's as well as the beach volleyball.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: