Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Summer Olympics
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Summer Olympics  (Read 38761 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »

Truck and Field is underway. I won't be able to follow a whole lot of this. On Sunday I'll be on my way to L.A. I have a show to catch  Wink

Anyway the best of luck to all the athlets out there   Cool
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »

And.......   Read baseball post first

On this other tv right there.  Olympics.  And what is on

Canadian woman soccer!!!!!

Canada is up 1-0

Against France

Umm. How did the us girls do so far??  Hahahahaha. No braw shots this year I think.  Ha!   Go Jays!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »

Wow Katie Ledecky destroys the WR and competition again. She's only 19 too. She's going to be doing this for several more olympic games. She might be the female Michael Phelps.
Princess Leia
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:14 AM »

We got a bronze in women weightlifting. Our girl lifted 257 kilos. That's kinda like lifting Axl and Slash together  Shocked
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »

Sprinting heats have started!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »

Unreal 100m tonight

Way to go Canada!   The world has officially seen the future of sprinting!

Our kid is 21. Weights 160. Looks like a child compared to the 30 year old bolt or the juice head American Gatlin. 

Just great!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:40 AM »

Even with those horrible teeth. Murray still got gold in tennis today.   My second fav. Good fr hom!
Princess Leia
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2016, 01:48:45 AM »

Ah! It was one of those days  Grin

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/16/chinese-swimmer-fu-yuanhui-praised-for-breaking-periods-taboo
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »

Great opening heat for Canada in the 200m. Like I said mark my words. De grase has a great shot at gold!

Decathlon starts tomorrow.   Canada also has a great shot at gold. Will be very toughening has the only clean American athlete is the best decathlon man in the world.  Very impressive
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 10:21:52 PM »

Gold for Canada in men's high jump!

Woohoo!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »

Gold for Canada in woman's wrestling!  That woman was a beast.  I really liked her

Decathlon wrapping up tonight. Canada still has a great shot at silver.  Gold seems to be wrapped up

Men's 200 m as well. Can't wait!
Princess Leia
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »

Gold for Canada in woman's wrestling!  That woman was a beast.  I really liked her

Decathlon wrapping up tonight. Canada still has a great shot at silver.  Gold seems to be wrapped up

Men's 200 m as well. Can't wait!

Was that mud wrestling? I'm sure I can beat the Canadian bitch  smoking
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »

De grase second in the 200m.  Zero way he could beat bolt. But sure looked good. And showed the world the future of sprint on is on Canada.

Bronze for Canada in decathlon.  I am a little disappointed.  The pole vault killed us.   That's the make it or break it event out of the 10

Tonight men's 4-100 relay.  Canada has a great shot at a medal.   Silver will be very impressive.  I would be happy with bronze

These Olympics have just flown by
Princess Leia
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »

Can somebody please explain me this whole "Lochtegate"? I'm confused. What was it that really took place?

Huh
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »

Can somebody please explain me this whole "Lochtegate"? I'm confused. What was it that really took place?

Huh

Lochte and some teammates went out partying.  The got drunk and had the taxi driver stop at a gas station so they could go pee.  The restroom door must have been locked but instead of asking for the key, they broke the door in and peed all over the floor.  The gas station attendants confronted them and asked they pay for the damage.  They tried to leave without paying by getting back into their taxi.  The gas station attendant pulled a gun on them and again demanded they pay for the damage.  Once they paid, they were allowed to leave without any more (rightful) hassle by the attendants.  Lochte made up the story about being robbed by people dressed like the police.  Lochte did tv interviews telling the false story and left Rio (the other 3 swimmers were arrested/detained for a while but eventually released).   Video tapes of the incident and after proved the lies.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »

Lochte is a moron and should be ashamed of himself.
Princess Leia
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »

Oh I thought there were two sepate incidents. The robbery one thing and the gas station another. I couldn't keep up with all the olympic stuff.

Was it so hard for the guy to find tree or a wall to take a leak?  Roll Eyes
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

Lochte is a moron and should be ashamed of himself.

Where is he from again?? Hahahaha

Watch the closing ceremonies right now.   Damn did these games fly by.    Great games.   Some great new athletes I got to see.  Loved it
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2016, 03:42:27 PM »

U.S. pole vaulter stops mid-stride to stand at attention for national anthem

When 'The Star-Spangled Banner' started playing during his competition in Rio, U.S. pole vaulter Sam Kendricks literally dropped what he was doing to pay respect to the national anthem.

Kendricks, 23, a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve, was flying down the runway on his way to a vault when he abruptly stopped, dropped his pole and stood at attention when he heard the anthem playing.

The patriotic act by Kendricks came during a qualifying jump last week and drew praise from many.

One of 18 U.S. athletes in Rio who also serve in the military, he ended up finishing with a bronze medal thanks to a vault of 19 feet, 2 1/4 inches.

The Mississippi native became the first American to take home a medal in that event since Timothy Mack won gold in Athens in 2004. A two-time NCAA champion, he also is the first athlete from the University of Mississippi to win an Olympic medal.

Kendricks comes from a military family, as his father, Scott, served 10 years in the U.S. marines and is now his son's coach in the pole vault.

"Those guys are really proud of me and have given me every chance to continue as a civilian," Kendricks told the official Team USA website. "(I'm proud) to represent the Americans on two fronts, as a military man and as a U.S. athlete."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_R6MvW7YLQ

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »

Who cares about that stupid Americans lies.   That's not the story of the games

Great great great tv today with all Canada's athletes coming back   

Such a great time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: