Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63315 times)
Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »

Anyone got this on YouTube? I can get th video to play on that site.

https://youtu.be/4aBe_l7VbiU
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2016, 11:17:08 PM »

Glad you guys hedged on what we would get from this interview because now I'm pleasantly surprised!  

If I could be a fly in the room when Axl had Slash over for dinner!  But its kind of funny, as Axl really downplays the whole thing.  Definitely seems to be a bigger deal for us than him!  

But the right question would be, given the tour name, Not In This Lifetime, which Axl had stated several years ago, what changed in his mind and his heart to turn the page?

I think it is a big deal for him too. I just think he doesn't want to get into details, maybe he's not comfortable doing that. He doesn't really say much about the meeting.
I'm ok with not knowing. We don't need to know every little detail of how they patched things up.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2016, 11:18:00 PM »

I thought it would be a fluff piece and it wasn't. It was a good interview. I get the feeling that Axl was watching his words a bit. Duff's facial expressions was interesting when Axl talked about Izzy.  I think the interview implied new music. There was definitely a portion taken out.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2016, 11:33:28 PM »

Glad you guys hedged on what we would get from this interview because now I'm pleasantly surprised!  

If I could be a fly in the room when Axl had Slash over for dinner!  But its kind of funny, as Axl really downplays the whole thing.  Definitely seems to be a bigger deal for us than him!  

But the right question would be, given the tour name, Not In This Lifetime, which Axl had stated several years ago, what changed in his mind and his heart to turn the page?

I think it is a big deal for him too. I just think he doesn't want to get into details, maybe he's not comfortable doing that. He doesn't really say much about the meeting.
I'm ok with not knowing. We don't need to know every little detail of how they patched things up.

Yeah, I agree.

I thought it would be a fluff piece and it wasn't. It was a good interview. I get the feeling that Axl was watching his words a bit. Duff's facial expressions was interesting when Axl talked about Izzy.  I think the interview implied new music. There was definitely a portion taken out.

Axl is always kinda shy in these situations and Duff being by his side is probably another reason for being coy and careful.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:43:45 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2016, 11:34:04 PM »

Didn't notice Duff's facial expressions when Izzy was discussed. Probably just an awkward and difficult topic.

Ali
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2016, 11:36:28 PM »

It isn't like what he said about Izzy is untrue either.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2016, 11:38:40 PM »

Anyone got this on YouTube? I can get th video to play on that site.

https://youtu.be/4aBe_l7VbiU

Is that the whole thing? Thanks for the link.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 11:49:08 PM »

From the description in the youtube video, it sounds like they made arrangements for Izzy to show up and he just didn't.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 11:49:44 PM »

Wow finally an interview. And real questions!!  Real fucking cool!!

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 11:54:34 PM »

And it seems like the original plan was for Steven to show up at a lot more shows but just couldn't due to the back injury. Bummer. Hopefully if they come back and do more US shows next year.
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2016, 12:22:12 AM »

I don't for how long these links will be available, since Globo TV usually doesn't allow its material on YouTube, but here's one with the full interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcSN-1iArU
Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2016, 12:35:12 AM »

Seeing the whole thing now, I think it was one of the best interviews already done with the band or members of the band! I really like the questions! ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:25 AM »

Yeah, it was a really nice interview. I mean what we got from the semi-uncut 9 min interview. The thing that got aired on TV was almost as shity as we warned. hihi

Anyways, IMO the reporter kinda looked scared whe asked about the new album, like he felt it was a touchy subject. But their answer didnt feel akward at all... maybe he could ask a bit more about it? Lol

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2016, 02:32:11 AM »

Seeing the full interview was awesome. Very good interview.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2016, 02:43:41 AM »

I have to say, if anyone watches that interview and still thinks things between Axl and Slash aren't good now they just aren't ever gonna believe it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2016, 02:45:20 AM »

I was also glad he made it clear he wasn't taking a shot at Izzy since we know he and Izzy have been cool again for awhile.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2016, 06:51:43 AM »

ah! that was cool to watch

didn't ask about why they broke up, but that's probably part of the deal

didn't ask about Matt Sorum, since he & Axl patched things up I wonder if it's more Slash & Duff problem

glad to see there's a new album in mind, can't wait for new music with these guys

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2016, 07:23:59 AM »

didn't ask about Matt Sorum, since he & Axl patched things up I wonder if it's more Slash & Duff problem

glad to see there's a new album in mind, can't wait for new music with these guys

Most people said that they would give a crap interview, but clearly, times have changed!! Amazing!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2016, 08:45:26 AM »

Most people said that they would give a crap interview, but clearly, times have changed!! Amazing!
Old age has a lot going for it, they are all wiser and less inclined dwell on "stuff" they are living the life that keeps them in a "good place"  smoking
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:43 AM »

Why would he ask about Matt? The subject was clearly the reunion, Matt was already a replacement.

The problem was never with Axl and Duff. We all made pretty clear that the TV station is as bad as Fox News. IMO, worse.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: