Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:58:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  5 Changes for the next leg of Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Changes for the next leg of Tour  (Read 59430 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 03:36:07 AM »

I would expect change

But if you don't cool

If you want to go see the band again live and have no problems with them playing the same music   Same covers.  Same jams     Cool.  Good for you

I would expect on a second leg of a tour a year after the first shows that things get mixed up.  I want more original music.  Less covers.   

I dont think it's so much that as I the fact I'm just a realist.

I'd like Pearl Jam level variety in the setlists.  But, having never done that, ever, going on 30 years of touring...I don't really see the value hoping it's around the corner.

Some songs, some of them covers, will always be in the setlist.  Just how it is.
Glad you found another way for this to end in the dead horse

You rambled on about nothing

Overly said you are ok about everything   Fakely
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 11:30:07 AM »

What's up gang

Yeah I'd love to hear slither and perfect crime ... Yeah I'd love to see them mix up the order ... Would make following the shows from home more interesting

... But you guys botching about the set list at this point in time after the year we just had is ...

Astounding .... To put it nicely

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »

I would expect change

But if you don't cool

If you want to go see the band again live and have no problems with them playing the same music   Same covers.  Same jams     Cool.  Good for you

I would expect on a second leg of a tour a year after the first shows that things get mixed up.  I want more original music.  Less covers.   

I dont think it's so much that as I the fact I'm just a realist.

I'd like Pearl Jam level variety in the setlists.  But, having never done that, ever, going on 30 years of touring...I don't really see the value hoping it's around the corner.

Some songs, some of them covers, will always be in the setlist.  Just how it is.
Glad you found another way for this to end in the dead horse

You rambled on about nothing

Overly said you are ok about everything   Fakely

I should start posting how I wish they'd drop LALD and KOHD.

Go topical with it.

(Did you know even Dylan himself doesn't play that every night?  True story.)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »

What's up gang

Yeah I'd love to hear slither and perfect crime ... Yeah I'd love to see them mix up the order ... Would make following the shows from home more interesting

... But you guys botching about the set list at this point in time after the year we just had is ...

It's idiotic.

Half the world hasn't seen it once yet.  Better switch it up!

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »

What's up gang

It's idiotic.

Half the world hasn't seen it once yet.  Better switch it up!

It's Axl and slash!  They could come out on stage and play anything over and over again ans long as it's Axl and slash!!  And it doesn't matter if they have already played locally because when hey come back and play the same music written by other people it's ok because because people in Russia haven't gottten the chance to see this act.   And when they come back the third time it still won't matter because I heard they are playing a show in some city in China later and they still haven't gotten a chance to see them
And it doesn't matter that this band has been playing 80% of these songs in the same order for a decade because it's not the same band.  It's Axl and slash now.    Just they say it isn't the same band because now we have Ron in it so give him a Chance to play paradise city.   Or it was a different band with DJ in it so give him a chance to play paridise city.  And let's make sure it's the last song every night.  Because why would we want to change that up. What would we do with the pyro!!
And who cares about new music  now because it's Axl and slash. Just be happy that it's Axl and slash
Did you know that these cover songs are actually more recognizable as guns n roses songs now   It doesn't matter that they are not actually gin n roses songs and written by other people   But since they play them and have recorded them. Yep now they are ours.

And jams are great because we get to see slash!!  It also gives Axl a break!   Weird he didn't need one at ac/do shows but that doesn't matter because if they do it it is ok!!!

Why would we want them to play more original music sung by duff or someone else if Axl needs a break from something    When we have jams!!!

How can anyone call themselves a fan that isn't happy with this past year!! Your not a true fan!   You have to like it take it and accept it. 

No

I am a fan. 

I want to hear guns music played by guns members

I think covers are fine when you are a band starting out with not enough of your own material to play    I want to hear guns music.   Not bob Dylan's music

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »

Bacon

I'm pretty sure you have stated that you don't like the covers over 200 times now.

I think everybody gets it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »

Do you guys even think of KOHD as a Dylan song anymore?

I really don't.  And I'm a lifelong Dylan fan.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »

Bacon

I'm pretty sure you have stated that you don't like the covers over 200 times now.

I think everybody gets it.

Hahahaha.  I am not one to let something go
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 03:24:41 PM »

Yes I do. 

I knew it was his song when I was 10 years old and I still refer to it as his now

I hate the way guns covers it as well.   Really hate the song

It reminds me of that kiss song.  Rock in roll all night and party every day.

Where it's more of just a repeating sentence    Over and over and over again      Change the fucking thing up!!!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 01:50:24 PM »

I often forget it's a Dylan song really. To me, GNR own that song now- same with Live And Let Die. They're as much a part of their cannon as any other song now I think. the Seeker? Less so. But fuck it- they obviously like playing it, and it's good to have something fresh in there.

I couldn't be more excited today, having finally got tickets to the tour. I think I'd actually be a bit gutted if they changed the set much- there's so much in there I'm desperate to hear. I'm going to two dates- I expect the same (or very similar) sets both shows, and that's totally cool. If I didn't want to see the same set again, I wouldn't have booked for two shows. This is a tour- the set is going to be broadly the same, and that's actually what people want at the moment I think- a chance to see this set, played by the band.

Let's have this argument if they're still doing the exact same set in five years, on another world tour.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 03:16:36 PM »

I often forget it's a Dylan song really. To me, GNR own that song now- same with Live And Let Die. They're as much a part of their cannon as any other song now I think. the Seeker? Less so. But fuck it- they obviously like playing it, and it's good to have something fresh in there.

I couldn't be more excited today, having finally got tickets to the tour. I think I'd actually be a bit gutted if they changed the set much- there's so much in there I'm desperate to hear. I'm going to two dates- I expect the same (or very similar) sets both shows, and that's totally cool. If I didn't want to see the same set again, I wouldn't have booked for two shows. This is a tour- the set is going to be broadly the same, and that's actually what people want at the moment I think- a chance to see this set, played by the band.

Let's have this argument if they're still doing the exact same set in five years, on another world tour.

Yeah why would anyone want the band to play more Guns N Roses music.   That's crazy
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

Yeah why would anyone want the band to play more Guns N Roses music.   That's crazy

Huh? No one is saying that are they?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »

Huh? No one is saying that are they?

In a way you are.  You said you don't want them to change up the set list.

The last concert they played, they performed 5 cover songs!   5!  Plus 2 jams, with covers in them!!!!     That's crazy. 

I don't care if they are on albums or what, they are not guns songs
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »

One thing I'll add, don't confuse my acceptance of the set list not switching up with being 'happy' about it.  Do I wish they'd change it up?  As a hardcore GNR fan OF COURSE I would love it.  I'd love to go to a show and be equally surprised to hear Shadow of Your Love than I would hearing Welcome to the Jungle because the set list is so eclectic!  But for now I am not going to complain because of what we have.  We have Axl, Slash and Duff performing together and they sound pretty damn good.    As some one who went to bed some nights since 1995 dreaming about this reunion I can't find it in me to complain about this..... yet  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »

Exactly right.

You're going to love the show, man.  It was awesome.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 07:50:40 PM »

Why is everyone whining SO fucking MUCH about the set-list and the amount of covers? They're not playing for the internet lurkers at home, who are streaming crappy Facebook streams.

Just enjoy the show you ARE going to and stop watching the internet streams. You didn't PAY for anything other than the show you're ATTENDING. You only paid for that ONE show you're attending. Not all the other ones.

It's becoming ridiculously annoying, all the whining about the shows. Back in '90 fucking 2 you had no idea what songs they were playing in the next city, and you didn't care. You came for one show, and that ONE show delivered, just like these current ones are delivering. Because about 99% of the attendees don't watch the live streams so they ARE surprised by the set-list and all the songs.

Just get over it and enjoy it. Or go whine in your diary. Just not OVER and OVER again on this forum. I am fed up with reading all the bitching and moaning about the set-list not catering to your personal preferences. 99% of the attendees are satisfied, so fucking deal with it.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »

I have no idea what that rant is about but the show was just great. It just really was amazing.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »

Why is everyone whining SO fucking MUCH about the set-list and the amount of covers? They're not playing for the internet lurkers at home, who are streaming crappy Facebook streams.

Just enjoy the show you ARE going to and stop watching the internet streams. You didn't PAY for anything other than the show you're ATTENDING. You only paid for that ONE show you're attending. Not all the other ones.

It's becoming ridiculously annoying, all the whining about the shows. Back in '90 fucking 2 you had no idea what songs they were playing in the next city, and you didn't care. You came for one show, and that ONE show delivered, just like these current ones are delivering. Because about 99% of the attendees don't watch the live streams so they ARE surprised by the set-list and all the songs.

Just get over it and enjoy it. Or go whine in your diary. Just not OVER and OVER again on this forum. I am fed up with reading all the bitching and moaning about the set-list not catering to your personal preferences. 99% of the attendees are satisfied, so fucking deal with it.
People are entitled to say what they'd  like to hear that's what a forum is for ,I'd like them to play One in a million and Get in the ring but I know unless hell freezes over they won't play them and I'd like to see Izzy back in the band but that's also  unlikely but hell we can all dare to dream,Punk.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »

I totally agree with you!
Tom Grant
Opening Act

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Great pictures!

Almost feels like UYI tours from the past   peace

Having witnessed both tours, I find it difficult to draw many similarities, other than the "core 3" being onstage together. The UYI tours were much more spontaneous and natural. We had new(er) songs, Axl was a mad-man onstage, Slash and Duff always seemed pretty wasted throughout, and we had Izzy (at least in the beginning). With NITL, you know exactly what you are going to get with each and every show. The biggest surprises, thus far, have been Steven Adler making a few cameos and a cover of 'Black Hole Sun'. Both of which were cool, but still pretty cookie-cutter, nonetheless.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: