Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Fantasy Football
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Fantasy Football  (Read 10680 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 17, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »

I re-registered the league for another season and set the draft for Wednesday 8/30 at 9pm EST. Everyone who participated last year is auto renewed so if you don't want to participate or didn't participate last year and are interested this year let me know.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »

I might be interested. I'll let you know in a few days. I used to play fantasy sports ever year but haven't in forever. It's completely free right?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:12:05 PM »

I might be interested. I'll let you know in a few days. I used to play fantasy sports ever year but haven't in forever. It's completely free right?
Yep. Just for fun and bragging rights. Let me know if you want in and I'll send you an invite.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:03:24 AM »

Ok, will let you know over the weekend.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:25:47 AM »

I'm sure you'd have a pretty good shot at getting all the Jets finest players, if you dare want to go down that road this season. hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 08:18:19 PM »

I'm sure you'd have a pretty good shot at getting all the Jets finest players, if you dare want to go down that road this season. hihi
LOL i don't even know who's really on the team this year or if they have a snowballs chance in hell at being decent.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »

LOL i don't even know who's really on the team this year or if they have a snowballs chance in hell at being decent.
I'd say their chances of being the worst team in the league are much higher. They let everyone go pretty much and are in complete rebuild mode, positioning themselves for the #1 pick in the draft next year.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »

Gonna be a tough team to watch for a few years then.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »

Yeah, but it's probably the right move. Have to draft the right guys though for it to work. I'll send you the invite to join the league.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »

Yeah, but it's probably the right move. Have to draft the right guys though for it to work. I'll send you the invite to join the league.
Yeah i think you're right. They were aging. That's the part that worries me too. The Jets don't exactly have the best record when it comes to smart draft picks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 11:52:12 PM »

Yeah i think you're right. They were aging. That's the part that worries me too. The Jets don't exactly have the best record when it comes to smart draft picks.
They need to hit it right with those early picks especially. They'll probably have a top 5 pick next year and those are quite costly, so you can't really afford to screw those up.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 12:53:18 AM »

They need to hit it right with those early picks especially. They'll probably have a top 5 pick next year and those are quite costly, so you can't really afford to screw those up.
Which they almost always do.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »

Draft is tonight at 9, in about 3.5 hours.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »

That draft was rough. I reached on way too many guys and waited on certain positions way too long. Could be a long season for Mr. Brownstone. Paul Perkins as my #2 RB? Jason Witten as my TE? Those two scare me the most. Anyone have an upgrade for me? I have a pretty solid group of WR.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 11:10:11 AM »

In years past I've adjusted the schedule so that each team plays the teams within their division twice so there'd be more banter and bragging rights on each respective board. Plus each division winner gets one of the top 2 seeds and a bye in the playoffs so that's also a factor. In the past with 12 teams that has left 3 games outside the division. This year though we have 14 teams total, 7 in each league. So we have two options. Tell me which you'd prefer.

1) Play each team in your division twice and one opponent outside your division.

2) Play every team in the league once.

Let me know what you think and I'll adjust accordingly.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 11:42:16 AM »

I also never heard back from Sober_Times. Is anyone interested in taking over his team if I don't hear back by Wednesday? He has Willie Snead in his lineup and he's suspended to start the season so I'll just put in the next best WR for him if I don't hear back.

Edit - I asked my wife to pick a replacement and she went with Ted Ginn Jr. over Donte Moncrief. She knows nothing about either guy or fantasy football in general so we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:54:14 AM by faldor » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »

Damn sorry guys didn't see PM.
Next year just send email if u need me

I've focused more on daily fantasy than free leagues but would play

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: