Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 97672 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2017, 03:04:50 AM »

Ok so pilf ane jaeball thoughts on the Headley trade? Also our pursuit of Faller from Detroit?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #261 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »

Ok so pilf ane jaeball thoughts on the Headley trade? Also our pursuit of Faller from Detroit?

Totally fine with it.  Feels like a precursor to something else, and it basically means Stantons contract (with Castro and Headley off the books) is paid for.

Yanks now have somewhere around 25-30 million to spend and STILL stay below 197.  They need a starting pitcher, a third baseman, and a 2nd baseman.  You have to figure Gleyber Torres fits into one of those spots.  They should be able to get some quality help at the remaining 2 positions with that money.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #262 on: December 13, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »

Totally fine with it.  Feels like a precursor to something else, and it basically means Stantons contract (with Castro and Headley off the books) is paid for.

Yanks now have somewhere around 25-30 million to spend and STILL stay below 197.  They need a starting pitcher, a third baseman, and a 2nd baseman.  You have to figure Gleyber Torres fits into one of those spots.  They should be able to get some quality help at the remaining 2 positions with that money.

Same... never have been a fan of Headley despite his grit. Well it was more I was just mad at that ridiculous contract they gave him.

I think Torres will play second... and they are looking at Drury from Arizona to play third maybe.

I'm holding out hope they could maybe trade Frazier in a package for Cole and put him right up there at the top of this rotation... and I think Frazier could be an all star...so I don't really want to trade him, but I think the corner outfield spots are going to be occupied for a while....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #263 on: December 13, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »

I feel like the Yanks robbed the Marlins, blind, and should be sending Jeter a Thank You card and a nice fruit basket.  I get Miami just couldn't handle the contract, but....ye gods......

I had to chuckle reading that line with Jeter's history of gift bag/baskets...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2017, 06:17:53 AM »

I feel like the Yanks robbed the Marlins, blind, and should be sending Jeter a Thank You card and a nice fruit basket.  I get Miami just couldn't handle the contract, but....ye gods......

I had to chuckle reading that line with Jeter's history of gift bag/baskets...

Wink I'm glad someone picked up on that.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2017, 06:19:35 AM »

Same... never have been a fan of Headley despite his grit. Well it was more I was just mad at that ridiculous contract they gave him.

I think Torres will play second... and they are looking at Drury from Arizona to play third maybe.

I'm holding out hope they could maybe trade Frazier in a package for Cole and put him right up there at the top of this rotation... and I think Frazier could be an all star...so I don't really want to trade him, but I think the corner outfield spots are going to be occupied for a while....

If they somehow, someway, by some miracle, pulled off a trade for Machado to play 3rd....they won't, I'm pretty sure..but if they did? 

To quote Scooter:Holy cow!

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2017, 10:44:05 PM »

Happy for you guys with Stanton, should be fun in the Bronx next year.

Cards landing Ozuna was a helluva cool consolation prize, the dude can flat out mash.

Dealt from organizational strengths so no worries on that, they're flush with pitching and outfielders and the herd had to be thinned at some point.

Nice gesture by the StL brass getting Piscotty to Oakland to be near his mom who's been diagnosed with ALS, sorry to see him leave but there's bigger things than baseball.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »

It's that time again!!!  New thread here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68451.new#new

FYI: I can not wait until Spring Training....

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: