Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 97680 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »

I'm watching baseball, it's near 70 degrees...the only thing missing is a beer, and the smell of grilling meat!

Aaron Judge just hit a ball that landed on my desk in Brooklyn.

I know this is not going to happen... but hopefully by mid season the Yankee lineup looks like this ... a realistic lineup...

Ellsbury CF
Castro 3B
Bird 1B
Sanchez C
Holliday DH
Didi SS
Judge RF
Frazier LF
and then either Mateo or Torres at second base

Get Headley and Gardner out of the way .. and sprinkle in Chris Carter

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »

I am expecting a big year from Joey Bats.  Watching him in a couple of games so far his bat speed looks fantastic.  Looks like he put 10 lbs of muscle on in his shoulders
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 10:00:52 AM »

Uh oh ....

David Price with significant elbow soreness ...doesn't sound good.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »

Uh oh ....

faldor currently holding his breath somewhere....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 02:15:14 PM »

Uh oh ....

Oh hopefully this spreads over to Sale now
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »

I never root for injuries but if they happen to guys in Boston ..... oh well..... hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »

This guy is either one cool cat or a sociopath:

http://deadspin.com/mets-prospect-makes-incredible-nonchalant-catch-of-flyi-1792905042

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »

Uh oh ....

faldor currently holding his breath somewhere....
I certainly am not jumping for joy over the news. Meeting with Dr. James Andrews usually means we'll see you back in action a year from now.

Although Price had a disappointing first year with the Sox, he was still a horse who would take the ball every fifth day. And I was hoping he'd have a much better season this year with a little pressure taken off. On the bright side, the Sox still have a pretty good starting five without Price. Sale, Porcello, Pomeranz, Wright, Rodriguez. That should be good enough to be in the mix. Unfortunately though they've become very thin and after the top 5, there's a steep drop off. Any more injuries, and that's inevitable, it could get ugly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2017, 07:06:26 PM »

Anyone going to watch this world baseball thingy this year.   I am looking forward to canada anthe DR in a couple of days.  Would be funny to watch joey bats hit a walk off home run against his pro playin country and then be hated here hahaha
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2017, 08:42:49 PM »

Anyone going to watch this world baseball thingy this year.   I am looking forward to canada anthe DR in a couple of days.  Would be funny to watch joey bats hit a walk off home run against his pro playin country and then be hated here hahaha
I've watched parts of some of the games so far. It's hard to take it too seriously with all the pitch count limits and such, but it's entertaining. It's too bad the major league guys can't go all out, but it's understandable why. Too much money on the line.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »

Nope. I hate the WBC. Hate it with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I won't watch a minute of it if I can help it.

It's funny....on Friday night I literally spent an hour having a bitch fest with a friend at the brewery about this. We both feel the same way, so it wasn't very contentious....but you'd think we were arguing politics or religion by how ticked off we both got talking about it.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »

I've watched parts of some of the games so far. It's hard to take it too seriously with all the pitch count limits and such, but it's entertaining. It's too bad the major league guys can't go all out, but it's understandable why. Too much money on the line.

They shouldn't even BE there.

None of the teams want their superstars playing in it, because even pulling punches (so to speak) theres at least ONE big injury every fucking time they play. Each team should get two exemptions every time this piece of shit "tournament" happens, that lets them tell their players to fuck off and get back to work in camp. "No, you can't play".

It's during spring training when these guys should be working with THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING THEM A SHIT TON OF MONEY TO PLAY BALL.

You want to be patriotic? Great...do it in the off season. Find a nice, warm place to play (Miami is GREAT) in December and January and have at it.

UGHHHHHH...ok...deep breaths. Don't get me started, eh?

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2017, 04:41:23 PM »

They shouldn't even BE there.

None of the teams want their superstars playing in it, because even pulling punches (so to speak) theres at least ONE big injury every fucking time they play. Each team should get two exemptions every time this piece of shit "tournament" happens, that lets them tell their players to fuck off and get back to work in camp. "No, you can't play".

It's during spring training when these guys should be working with THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING THEM A SHIT TON OF MONEY TO PLAY BALL.

You want to be patriotic? Great...do it in the off season. Find a nice, warm place to play (Miami is GREAT) in December and January and have at it.

UGHHHHHH...ok...deep breaths. Don't get me started, eh?

I would agree it should probably be played using players not under MLB contract or pure amateurs.....  I could play 2nd, it would be great.

But then nobody other than my kids would watch and it wouldn't last.

Team Canada, with a bunch of unkowns/aaa players beat the Jays 7-1 the other day.  Guess why?  Canada was actually trying haha

In all honesty, have MLB participate in the summer Olympics.  Minus the boring All Star game that year, take a week off, do it right every 4 years.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »

And....Gregorious hurt while playing for the Dutch team.

GRRRRRRRRR.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »

Donaldson is loooing good.

Mr MVP.   

Lookin to get locked up for a big term contract

Good luck with the cheap ass Jays.    Brutal

Low balling sanchese      Pathetic
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »

GRRRRRRRRR.

Very frustrating. I was hoping they'd let Torres play but they immediately reassigned him after the injury.

Bird looks tremendous.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »

GRRRRRRRRR.

Very frustrating. I was hoping they'd let Torres play but they immediately reassigned him after the injury.

Bird looks tremendous.
I picked up Torres in fantasy to stash before that injury took place. We have two slots for guys not in the majors. I'm not sure if he'll get much of a shot this year but I'm taking that chance.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »

The Yankees have officially won the grapefruit league championship. I declare the rest of the season irrelevant.

Congrats to the Yanks, Champions of Baseball once again!!! Tongue

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »

It's almost here boys
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »

Yadier Molina and the Cards close to extension, early reports have it in the 55-65 mil range over 3 years.

In other words, Yadi broke the bank.

And should make him a Cardinal for life. ok
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:03:39 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: