Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 98081 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »

Yadier Molina and the Cards close to extension, early reports have it in the 55-65 mil range over 3 years.

In other words, Yadi broke the bank.

And should make him a Cardinal for life. ok

Done deal, 3 years (thru 2020) at 60 million for Yadi.

He's going to get a helluva ovation tonight from the faithful on opening night at Busch. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »

Cards locking up their young assets as well, RF Stephen Piscotty gets 33.5 over 6.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »

All living baseball HOF'ers (less Lou Brock) along with new team HOF'ers (The Cards have their own HOF) Ted Simmons and Joe Torre donning the red jackets opening night

Have never gone to a Cards opening day but I'm going to at some point, gotta see the above and the Clydesdales circling the field.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »

Well there goes the jays perfect season
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 08:21:47 AM »

Well there goes the jays perfect season

I already told you: The rest of the season is just placeholders. These games, and any "post-placeholder" results (like that World Series thing...pffft) are irrelevant. Yanks won the grapefruit league.  They're the champs.

We can now look forward to football in September!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »

Interesting Jays note via the twitteratti:

Jon Morosi‏ @jonmorosi

#BlueJays have oldest Opening Day roster of any @MLB team -- average of 31 years, 70 days -- per Elliott Kalb of @MLBNetwork Research.

That's like 217+ years old in dog years. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2017, 07:56:12 AM »

REALLY enjoying watching the Yanks this year. Much more fun to watch than the teams of the past few years. Win or lose, this season, they're making it much more enjoyable to cheer for these guys! I doubt they're going to make a ton of noise in terms of making the playoffs (maybe take a run at a wildcard spot?), but you can see these guys growing every day.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »

Interesting Jays note via the twitteratti:

Jon Morosi‏ @jonmorosi

#BlueJays have oldest Opening Day roster of any @MLB team -- average of 31 years, 70 days -- per Elliott Kalb of @MLBNetwork Research.

That's like 217+ years old in dog years. Wink

They've gotten off to a BRUTAL start. I doubt it will last very long but...ughhhh...I"d hate to be the Bacony one right now.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2017, 07:30:21 AM »

This looks like it's going to be another injury plagued year for the league.....so many notable players going down early.

And the Yanks managed 8 wins in 12 games. Last year it took them 23 (they were 8 and 15).

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »

Bacon better not come back here in two months if they straighten out talking garbage .....

As for the Yankees .... life is good right now ... I want whatever headley is smoking !

Can't wait for Sanchez and Didi to get back.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:10 AM »

Bacon better not come back here in two months if they straighten out talking garbage .....

As for the Yankees .... life is good right now ... I want whatever headley is smoking !

Can't wait for Sanchez and Didi to get back.

I heard DiDi might start a rehab assignment late this week...so back up with the big club by the end of April.

Sanchez is probably out til June, by the time he's through his rehab assignment. Sad

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:46 AM »

Jays stink.   

So glad I have two road trips already booked to see them

Worst than that would be a fan of this current line up of gnr   Hahah
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »

Let's go jays
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2017, 04:35:36 PM »

I'm looking forward to a little Yanks-Sox tonight...

It'll never be the same as it was... but if they both are good for the next few years... could be a little fun.

It will be even better when Machado is on the Yankees  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »

How about this kid Aaron Judge for the Yanks?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »

It'll never be the same as it was... but if they both are good for the next few years... could be a little fun.

Yeah perhaps then they will get some bums in the seats in New York.  Just like I said last year.  New stadium looks like a ghost town.  Real great fans
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2017, 08:37:08 AM »

Yeah perhaps then they will get some bums in the seats in New York.  Just like I said last year.  New stadium looks like a ghost town.  Real great fans

The Yankees did over 3MM in ticket sales last year with a very average team and another team selling close to 3MM in another stadium that you can take a 15 minute cab ride to...

So you obviously don't know what you are talking about... but I guess that has been established before.

Pretty sure you made the same ignorant comments last year.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »

The Yankees did over 3MM in ticket sales last year with a very average team and another team selling close to 3MM in another stadium that you can take a 15 minute cab ride to...

So you obviously don't know what you are talking about... but I guess that has been established before.

Pretty sure you made the same ignorant comments last year.

A picture tells a million stories

I am just saying what I see on tv.  Enjoy your ticket sales.  The place looks like a ghost town on tv
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »

I am just saying what I see on tv.  Enjoy your ticket sales.  The place looks like a ghost town on tv

Yeah, I'll take the ticket sales since it pays the bills (and fuels the payroll).  I could give 2 shits what it looks like on TV. Sold seats are sold seats.

Ticket sales up 25% this year, so far.

Attendance up 25% this year, so far (almost 7k fans a game, on average).

TV ratings up close to 20%, so far this year.

I will say this: We saw a LOT of people roaming the concourse this year...way more than we have in previous years. IDK why people are not sitting in their seats, but are roaming...but it was definitely a "thing" for the game we went to. So what you're seeing on tv? Not indicative of actual attendance.

But the atmosphere? Getting MUCH closer to the one from the old Stadium.  People are up and rocking and cheering.  We haven't seen that in this new Stadium, not even really in 2009 when they won it all.

And the billion dollar seats behind home plate are never going to fill at the prices they sell at....it's the corporate section. Yes, it's terrible optics. But it doesn't actually mean anything.

But this team? This team is FUN TO WATCH.  I still don't have faith they can manage to do this at the same pace for a whole season....but it doesn't matter. They are actually interesting and fun and dynamic to watch.  I'm totally happy with THAT. Everything else is gravy.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2017, 09:34:58 AM »

Yeah, I'll take the ticket sales since it pays the bills (and fuels the payroll).  I could give 2 shits what it looks like on TV. Sold seats are sold seats.

Ticket sales up 25% this year, so far.

Attendance up 25% this year, so far (almost 7k fans a game, on average).

TV ratings up close to 20%, so far this year.

I will say this: We saw a LOT of people roaming the concourse this year...way more than we have in previous years. IDK why people are not sitting in their seats, but are roaming...but it was definitely a "thing" for the game we went to. So what you're seeing on tv? Not indicative of actual attendance.

But the atmosphere? Getting MUCH closer to the one from the old Stadium.  People are up and rocking and cheering.  We haven't seen that in this new Stadium, not even really in 2009 when they won it all.

And the billion dollar seats behind home plate are never going to fill at the prices they sell at....it's the corporate section. Yes, it's terrible optics. But it doesn't actually mean anything.

But this team? This team is FUN TO WATCH.  I still don't have faith they can manage to do this at the same pace for a whole season....but it doesn't matter. They are actually interesting and fun and dynamic to watch.  I'm totally happy with THAT. Everything else is gravy.

I keep saying that ... this team is still a year or two away probably... but as we creep on day by day...

I am starting to think that maybe just maybe they can and will win this division. Do we need another top SP to be a real contender..yeah probably.

As far as Judge... what can I say? No I don't think he's going to win the triple crown ha but even when he goes in to his eventual slump... we have gotten NOTHING from the corner infielders... Bird and maybe Torres will only strengthen the lineup in those spots... so with this offense and the back end bullpen...

I think we should be in it all year.

and yes Aaron Hicks must be juicing! ( how can they possibly bench him for Ellsbury...)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:11:39 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: