Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 98067 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:05 AM »

Sox not bringing Farrell back. Which I think is a little odd, given his success.

Sounded like it was inevitable since they lost... he rubs people the wrong way I gather.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:48 PM »

This version of Hitchcocks The Birds has an awful lot of guys wearing MLB uniforms in it.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »

Holy Fuck Weasels I can not believe I saw what I just saw. Double Jacks by didi early....WAY early. But...wow!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »

And Gardy with an epic at bat to give Chapman room to breathe.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2017, 06:29:58 AM »

I can. not. believe. what happened last night.

Houston, here come the Yanks.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »

I'm not gonna lie, Houston scares the shit out of me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »

Yeah, so did Cleveland. Wink

I have to say, barring one Girardi non-challenge, the Yanks basically beat Cleveland 4 in a row.  That's impressive.

Houston has had their number all year.  I don't have high hopes. But I didn't think they could manage to get past the Indians, either.  They were THAT good, all year.

Everything after getting into the ALDS was/is gravy.  Nobody expected this team to do ANYTHING this year.  An ALCS appearance seems like a miracle.  And maybe that explains why they Yanks are doing so well: They're loose and playing with house money, while the other teams are feeling the pressure.  I don't know.

All I know is they have at least 4 more games in their season.  Which is about 6 more than I expected they'd have a week or so ago.  Good enough for me!

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »

I can. not. believe. what happened last night.

Houston, here come the Yanks.

I was at MSG last night.... but I obviously had my eye on the phone the whole time... and I got a gazillion texts during the game...

Derek Jeter might own the marlins... but SIR DIDIIII OWNS NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2017, 09:00:14 AM »

Yeah, so did Cleveland. Wink

I have to say, barring one Girardi non-challenge, the Yanks basically beat Cleveland 4 in a row.  That's impressive.

Houston has had their number all year.  I don't have high hopes. But I didn't think they could manage to get past the Indians, either.  They were THAT good, all year.

Everything after getting into the ALDS was/is gravy.  Nobody expected this team to do ANYTHING this year.  An ALCS appearance seems like a miracle.  And maybe that explains why they Yanks are doing so well: They're loose and playing with house money, while the other teams are feeling the pressure.  I don't know.

All I know is they have at least 4 more games in their season.  Which is about 6 more than I expected they'd have a week or so ago.  Good enough for me!

At this point.... WHY NOT US

Houston's lineup is scarier than Cleveland... but yeah... at this point... lets go... lets win it all...why not..

One thing is the Houston pen is NOT good... if we can make it a bullpen battle... I really believe we can win... we beat Cleveland basically 4 in a row with the middle of order doing nothing....

It feels like we might never score a run off Keuchel.... but if we somehow someway steal one vs him... lets go back tot he world series!

I'm all over the place...but im so jacked up... I am also going to Vegas next week for my best friends wedding... so between the GNR shows at MSG this week... the Yankees.. and that... hopefully I am watching game 7 at Cesar's Palace next Saturday night!

Let's go!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2017, 02:56:35 PM »

Good luck in the ALCS guys!!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »

Houston's lineup is scarier than Cleveland... but yeah... at this point... lets go... lets win it all...why not..

One thing is the Houston pen is NOT good... if we can make it a bullpen battle... I really believe we can win... we beat Cleveland basically 4 in a row with the middle of order doing nothing....

It feels like we might never score a run off Keuchel.... but if we somehow someway steal one vs him... lets go back tot he world series!

I'm all over the place...but im so jacked up... I am also going to Vegas next week for my best friends wedding... so between the GNR shows at MSG this week... the Yankees.. and that... hopefully I am watching game 7 at Cesar's Palace next Saturday night!

Let's go!

I like the Yanks 2-4 starters (Severio, CC, Gray) over Houston's.

I think Tanaka as #1 makes perfect sense. If he's stellar, great. If not, fine.  Because it makes the next 3 matchups better.

I like Houston's lineup better, top to bottom.

I like the Yanks bullpen AND defense better.

So we'll see.  I give Houston a SLIGHT edge, but then...I thought the Indians would win in 4, so what do I know.

I DO know that Judge and/or Sanchez are going to have to wake the fuck up for this series.  They managed Cleveland without them.  I don't think they can do the same vs Houston.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »

Let's go!

I like the Yanks 2-4 starters (Severio, CC, Gray) over Houston's.

I think Tanaka as #1 makes perfect sense. If he's stellar, great. If not, fine.  Because it makes the next 3 matchups better.

I like Houston's lineup better, top to bottom.

I like the Yanks bullpen AND defense better.

So we'll see.  I give Houston a SLIGHT edge, but then...I thought the Indians would win in 4, so what do I know.

I DO know that Judge and/or Sanchez are going to have to wake the fuck up for this series.  They managed Cleveland without them.  I don't think they can do the same vs Houston.

Judge can't be any worse right?

I think the Yankees will pound on those 3 and 4 starters for Houston in the Bronx... so let's just not go down 0-2 and we have a great shot here...

This team is not unbeatable.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

Houston we have a problem.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »

Houston we have a problem.

We'll get a better sense of that around 5 PM tonight. Because the Yanks still have to figure out how to hit Keuchel or Verlander....or they go home.

I'm encouraged by the fact the Astros haven't seemed to figure out how to hit the ball, either....and their bullpen seems suspect at best. Judge seems to have woken up at the best possible time (that home cooking seems to be helping).

If they win tonight, I think they win the series.  That's the rub. I think they can take 1 of 2 in Houston.

If they lose tonight.....IDK.  Can they win 2 games in Houston, with Verlander on the mound for one of them?  The Yanks have handled him before, but he looks like a new pitcher since joining the Astros.  I'd say there's a good chance they can't.

BUT, honestly, it's a competitive series.  Its now a best of 3 and will go AT LEAST 6.  The Yanks have already outpaced any reasonable expectations for this year.  So as crazy and anxious as I get watching the games, I try to keep that in mind.  And once the season ends (assuming they're not hoisting the WS trophy), it'll be a LOT easier to make peace with that ending, considering.

Also, if these are the best umps in the game calling balls and strikes, this game has a problem.  BOTH series have suffered from VERY poor plate calling, and inconsistent strike zones. Not 90% right...which I can live with...but more like 60% called strikes are right.  Too many outside and low and away balls being called strikes.  And no, not just on Judge (though at some point that kid has to speak up and give an ump hell...not now, but certainly next season and early).

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »

How ya feel now Pilf?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

How ya feel now Pilf?

A LOT better!!!

Bring on VERLANDER!! Wink

I don't know if they implanted a new bionic elbow into Tanaka or what, but he touched 95 a few times tonight (something he hasn't done in years) AND was pretty much locating every pitch perfectly.  If his defense hadn't failed him a couple of times.....his numbers would have been even better! Just awesome.

Also, I just watched David Ortiz, on the FS1 postgame, do the Sterling "The YAAAANNNNNKKKKKEEEEEEES WIIIIIIN!" schtick, and my life is pretty much complete.

I want that on video, so I can link it forever!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:58:51 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #236 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

Is this real life?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #237 on: October 18, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »

Is this real life?

...or is this just fantasy?

I legit quoted that line to both Micheal Kay and Jack Curry on twitter.

I'm almost....in shock. In the best possible way, but still....

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »

This is pretty much the best scenario for the Yanks. Now we don't HAVE to beat Verlander. I don't know who Houston would throw out against CC in game 7 but it won't be Keuchel or Verlander and i feel very good with CC.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »

Hopefully our bats continue to stay hot. Sanchez Judge and Bird have been on fire the last 3 games.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: