Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Beautiful Disease
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beautiful Disease  (Read 11358 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: January 10, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »

Been looking for Beautiful Disease for a while- I think my chances of finding one of the promos are pretty slim now.

I'm not sure whether it's classed as an 'official release' or not, seeing as it's never been released, but does anyone know where I might find it?

I'd happily pay money for it if it ever got officially released- but as it hasn't, I guess it's ok to get a bootleg? It's not the option exists for me to get it officially.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »

so you want a physical medium? that one is really almost impossible to get.
digital FLAC or MP3 version however... is quite common (and yes, the album is one of my favourites, I love both Duff's solo album and subsequent Loaded stuff until VR formation)

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »

Yeah, I reckon I'll have to give up on getting a physical medium promo of it really.

Where would I find an MP3 of it- that's the next best thing. His first album, when it came out, was one of my favourites. Still holds up well today in my view.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »

I love this album as well.  Does anyone remember which website originally released it?  I remember it was like 1997 or something and some GNR fansite put it up.  It took FOREVER to download it haha. 

I didn't realize there were physical promo copies of it floating around.  Would imagine its incredibly difficult to find. 
zombux
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »

nah, the album was supposed to be released in 1999. and I think the promo copies were actually released and started circulating, but the proper release was stopped at the last minute. there's even a cover picture for the album, but I'm not sure if it's legit.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »

nah, the album was supposed to be released in 1999. and I think the promo copies were actually released and started circulating, but the proper release was stopped at the last minute. there's even a cover picture for the album, but I'm not sure if it's legit.

Don't think the cover is legit- pretty sure the promo is just in a plastic sleeve, with typed writing on the front. No idea how many of these got out to reviews/djs etc.

I've also no idea why some clown deemed it not worth releasing, based apparently on the views of his teenage children. What a way to run a record label! Wonder what those teenage children do now? Probably living off father's millions. Or fucking up other bands careers.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 02:01:24 AM »

Oh man, I nearly spent stupid amounts of money on it, bidding at eBay, several times.
I think the cover is legit (and always remind me of the Johnny Thunders So Alone cover). True, it wasn't printed on the promo albums, but it came from somewhere..

I remember an official website, with a giveaway, but I can't recall if it was for this album or Loaded's "Dark Days".

Man, oh man, what a great fucking album...
zombux
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:14:11 AM »

Dark Days has many songs re-recorded from BD, I guess Duff just gave up on BD and did the recording again and this time actually managed to get the thing released Smiley
the re-recorded songs are sometimes quite different, maybe I more like BD because it's darker and more punkish and it has heavier atmosphere, whereas DD sounds a bit happier and rocky, but the difference really isn't THAT huge.
also, there was a live album right between these two, called Episode 1999 Live, it also has many songs from BD.
I really like all 3 of these.
the later Loaded (post-VR) are not that interesting, I think.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:50 AM »

Yes, yes, yes THAT'S the one with the online giveaway, the live album!

I agree, I like the BD versions of the songs better, but I also like how we got several studio versions of the songs Smiley
Duff also recorded "Seattle Head" with Neurotic Outsiders.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »

correct. + the original version of Mezz was first released at the eponymous 10 Minute Warning album, with different lyrics and vocals by Christopher Blue (I think), not Duff.

hsvhsv83
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 04:56:58 PM »

Its a great record, especially Rain , would love to have it. Is there a flac source or mp3??
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 04:37:30 AM »

Don't think I ever saw it as a lossless format, only mp3.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 06:02:07 AM »

it does exist in lossless format Smiley Dark Days, too. the live album is the only one I've only ever seen in mp3.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »

You can buy both albums, mp3 or flac here http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Loaded
In fact they have added several live recordings to the studio album.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »

this looks interesting. I think I'll buy everything in FLAC Cheesy

FernandoR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 01:55:38 AM »

You can buy both albums, mp3 or flac here http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Loaded
In fact they have added several live recordings to the studio album.

Thanks. The live songs are from the Tokyo 2001.07.30 show.
I already have it in mp3 128 kbps, it's a great show.

It would be a nice upgrade if those are really lossless audio
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:07:25 AM by FernandoR » Logged
zombux
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 03:02:16 AM »

the live album definitely is a true lossless audio.
the live part of DD it looks that it was lossy mastered at some point, but is still lossless, as the frequency goes over 22kHz.

Badapple89
Rocker

'Nobody told me there'd be days like these'

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 08:13:44 AM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95220676/1999%20-%20Beautiful%20Disease.rar

Only MP3 though  Cool

"Instant Karma's gonna get you!"
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »

Man, I love this album! Hope is one of the most beautiful songs.......

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »

Dark Days has many songs re-recorded from BD, I guess Duff just gave up on BD and did the recording again and this time actually managed to get the thing released Smiley
the re-recorded songs are sometimes quite different, maybe I more like BD because it's darker and more punkish and it has heavier atmosphere, whereas DD sounds a bit happier and rocky, but the difference really isn't THAT huge.
also, there was a live album right between these two, called Episode 1999 Live, it also has many songs from BD.
I really like all 3 of these.
the later Loaded (post-VR) are not that interesting, I think.

Maybe I need to go back and revisit both albums, but I remember at the time REALLY like BD and being disappointed by Dark Days.  If I remember correctly, BD had lots of guests spots on the album from Slash and Izzy that weren't on Dark Days. 
zombux
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »

yes, that is true. Dark Days was re-recorded by Loaded without guests.

so, to make the whole era somewhat complete:

1995 - Duff makes a surprise appearance with Billy Idol - this is the early lineup of Neurotic Outsiders
1996 - Neurotic Outsiders is formed, including Duff and Matt Sorum, releasing eponymous debut album
1997 - Neurotic Outsiders release Angelina EP, included is Seattle Head, written and sung by Duff, the band is later disbanded
1997 - Duff leaves GN'R
1998 - 10 Minute Warning eponymous debut is released, included the original version of Mezz, with totally different lyrics and sung by Christopher Blue
1999 - Duff's solo album Beautiful Disease is almost released, only promo copies are circulating, including guests like Slash, Izzy or Mike Bordin
1999 - band called Loaded was formed and toured in support of yet unreleased Beautiful Disease, later a live album came out called Episode 1999: Live and the band was disbanded
2000 - Loaded were re-formed and released Dark Days, touring in 2000-2002
2001 - Duff took part at The Racketeers project, releasing album called Mad for the Racket
2002 - Duff put Loaded on hiatus, going on to form Velvet Revolver, including the then-current Loaded guitarist Dave Kushner
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:47:07 PM by zombux » Logged

zombux
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 11:57:07 AM »

btw, does anyone have some hi-res Beautiful Disease cover? mine is 400x400px, that sucks Smiley

megadethers
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:20 PM »

btw, does anyone have some hi-res Beautiful Disease cover? mine is 400x400px, that sucks Smiley

why not search on google ?
zombux
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 01:13:49 AM »

do you think I haven't tried that? so go search yourself and point me to your results  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:16:33 AM by zombux » Logged

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »

Since the album was never pressed, and the promo was sent out in a jewel case with just an informative back, I don't think it even exist :\
zombux
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 02:41:21 AM »

well, I was thinking about this cover - apparently it is legit.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 06:35:30 AM »

Very late-nineties style, and I do remember it from way back then (if it wasn't the cover itself, maybe it was meant for a single, or promo shooting?)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 09:44:51 AM »

From time to time there's some copies available at https://www.discogs.com/Duff-McKagan-Beautiful-Disease/release/1145901

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
suicide
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »

That cover is legit but there are no hi-res pictures of it.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »

Been looking for Beautiful Disease for a while- I think my chances of finding one of the promos are pretty slim now.

I'm not sure whether it's classed as an 'official release' or not, seeing as it's never been released, but does anyone know where I might find it?

I'd happily pay money for it if it ever got officially released- but as it hasn't, I guess it's ok to get a bootleg? It's not the option exists for me to get it officially.....

I have one of the original promo copies and would be willing to part with it for someone that's interested in buying. What's a reasonable price for it these days?

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 08:00:08 AM »

I have one of the original promo copies and would be willing to part with it for someone that's interested in buying. What's a reasonable price for it these days?

Not more than $10, but I'll give you $20  Roll Eyes
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »

Yep that is the correct cover.  I WISH I remembered the GNR website back in the day that offered an unofficial premiere of the album.  They made the entire album available for download at midnight and then you could download that cover as well.  I printed it out and made a CD for myself. 
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »

Yep that is the correct cover.  I WISH I remembered the GNR website back in the day that offered an unofficial premiere of the album.  They made the entire album available for download at midnight and then you could download that cover as well.  I printed it out and made a CD for myself. 

Was it Seth at the GNRMP3Warehouse?

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

I don't remember the name Seth, but that might have been the website.  Do you remember the URL?  I'll check it on the Wayback Machine. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 08:35:40 PM »

They don't seem to come up that often so difficult to know! What were you thinking?

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »

I don't remember the name Seth, but that might have been the website.  Do you remember the URL?  I'll check it on the Wayback Machine. 

Should have been http://www.gnrmp3warehouse.com
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »

They don't seem to come up that often so difficult to know! What were you thinking?

I don't really have a range in mind. I know it's rare so $10-20 seems like a lowball and I could not find any eBay listings that had a selling price. I was hoping someone around here would have an honest assessment.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »

You blew my mind away, I can't believe I didn't know about this site  Shocked
Anyhow, check the background there, at the Offical Duff McKagan Website
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: