Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Axls Mirror
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axls Mirror  (Read 7175 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« on: January 15, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »

Imagine meeting axl and having a little sit down with him. You get to know eachother a little, have a beer or two, listen to some unreleased tracks, and then he pulls out this notebook with everything you've ever said about him online recorded into it and he starts going over it with you. Is it going to get awkward? Are you going to regret any of it? I'm not saying this as some way to put myself on a high horse or anything, I have surely said some things that would make me uncomfortable in this situation. I use my real name here and if I ever met him, not that I would want to bother him but if by some twist of fate that situation arose I would be so embarrassed. Making such a fuss over this individual. I wouldn't try to hide it though.  It's all a part of the process that got me to where I am today. And I'm not saying it's bad to be a fan. I'm just talking about... yknow, the madness. Not just my madness, but everyones.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Haha i have never made a successful topic before. But it's all good.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »

Thread Starting 101:  If you're planning on starting an innocuous discussion (as opposed to say a specific show thread), never ever never start it during a weekend, especially a three day holiday weekend.  Wink

and if I ever met him, not that I would want to bother him but if by some twist of fate that situation arose I would be so embarrassed. Making such a fuss over this individual. I wouldn't try to hide it though.  It's all a part of the process that got me to where I am today. And I'm not saying it's bad to be a fan. I'm just talking about... yknow, the madness. Not just my madness, but everyones.
No reason to be embarrassed about fanning out on the internet.  From what 99% of fans say who have had the opportunity to "meet" Axl, the sentiment seems to be the same as you expressed as to not wanting to bother him with questions about the things fans ask of him in a fan forum setting, i.e., new music/next album, etc. 

As much as it appears Axl's disdain for mingling and taking pics with fans, he probably does do it (albeit infrequently) because he realizes that it shows in a very real way the manifestation of the pinnacle of success his chosen craft has not only achieved but also sustained..... or maybe he does it because Beta makes him do it (for that very same reason).

For me personally, I would not want to meet up with Axl in a one-on-one situation because I'm honest enough with myself to admit that it would never result in anything that would come anywhere near what it is in my fantasies.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:33 PM »

I've been supportive of Axl on the boards since I first started posting in the early 2000s so I don't think there would be any problems this way at all.  peace
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:54:12 AM »

Yay, replies!

Thread Starting 101:  If you're planning on starting an innocuous discussion (as opposed to say a specific show thread), never ever never start it during a weekend, especially a three day holiday weekend.  Wink

and if I ever met him, not that I would want to bother him but if by some twist of fate that situation arose I would be so embarrassed. Making such a fuss over this individual. I wouldn't try to hide it though.  It's all a part of the process that got me to where I am today. And I'm not saying it's bad to be a fan. I'm just talking about... yknow, the madness. Not just my madness, but everyones.
No reason to be embarrassed about fanning out on the internet.  From what 99% of fans say who have had the opportunity to "meet" Axl, the sentiment seems to be the same as you expressed as to not wanting to bother him with questions about the things fans ask of him in a fan forum setting, i.e., new music/next album, etc. 

As much as it appears Axl's disdain for mingling and taking pics with fans, he probably does do it (albeit infrequently) because he realizes that it shows in a very real way the manifestation of the pinnacle of success his chosen craft has not only achieved but also sustained..... or maybe he does it because Beta makes him do it (for that very same reason).

For me personally, I would not want to meet up with Axl in a one-on-one situation because I'm honest enough with myself to admit that it would never result in anything that would come anywhere near what it is in my fantasies.  Tongue

Thank you for that gypsy. I appreciate the response, it was honest and well written. And thank you for being nice to me and for being you, you are part of what makes htgth so great.

I am definitely not putting fandom down. I should add that for me, waiting for a new album became an addiction. Many posters say they don't really care but act like they do by posting about it all the time, as if they were fighting jarmo over why they should have it but don't and so on. To some other posters, the thought of a potential reunion became their obsession.

This place does something to you if you let it. Part of it has to do with becoming identified with your screen name. But there's also this creation of an intense desire that comes up all the time, an unsatisfied desire that continues throughout the years and can only be quelled by axl. That's not good imo. It sort of drove a part of me crazy I think. And if axl were to know that I let it get that far, I would be embarrassed.

I've been supportive of Axl on the boards since I first started posting in the early 2000s so I don't think there would be any problems this way at all.  peace

I see that you are also a cd fan from your sn. Can you relate to what I said about the desire for a new album?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »

Ill leave this mystery to the un named lurker, the universal mind of the internet.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »

I was writing this short story about myself, someone that changed my life, and some realizations i have been having lately, and it started to remind me of axl a little. i got to this point by finally stopping trying to be like anyone else in any way. I wonder if he got it the same way?

The legend of Jay part 3

Hey, once again long time no talk. I guess I ultimately decided that I will not change myself in any way that I deem significant for the purpose of working for or being associated with any corporation in any country. Im perfectly fine staying here in the desert near the river with my family, weed, mushrooms, mescaline, and my trampoline, forever. Nobody will ever own me, although I do accept and even prefer having exclusive relations with my wife, but other than her I will not accept any authority. I will be reasonable and work for a living, but the particulars of the job are unimportant and I will work as little as possible and not tolerate any edgelord boss espionage or other such demeaning interactions with people in the workplace, be they customers or supervisors. I have been reading japanese novels in my spare time and i like that, ill keep doing that.

How have things been with you?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:24:02 PM by rj seitz » Logged

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »

Wow RJ, this was actually a really good, thoughtful question that has been seemingly ignored by the rest of the board.  I didn't see this thread before now, but it's amazing that other threads got attention and this one didn't.

For myself, I am not going to pretend that I've always been kind to Axl on here.  I sided with Slash during the most bitter years following the breakup and I wasn't a big fan of Chinese Democracy.  I said plenty of things around here that weren't in Axl's favor.  However, I wouldn't lie to the man if he did indeed question me about any of them.  I am sure I could go through pointilistically and remember how/why I was feeling whatever I said at the time, even if I were wrong about some thing or if some issues have cooled since I spoke of them.

I wouldn't be too intimidated by Axl; I mean after all, if the roles were reversed, we'd ALL have an obviously long, very public list of all the shit that AXL has said about other people over the years!   Tongue

the d.e.a. is evil richard nixon was a bastard nancy ragan was a kunt marijuana should be legal but these liars fucked it all up

By the way, I don't agree with the sentiments (or spelling) here, but I will say that you almost had some good rhythm and rhyme going there.  But unfortunately, right now it just sounds like a meandering punk rock song.    Tongue
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:04:57 AM by Bridge » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »

Thank you for the kind response Bridge.

You are right about my sig. I tend to have strong emotions and find it hard to express myself. My ego gets the best of me a lot of times, especially in pressurized situations like debates. And I also have this recurring problem of acting like I am better than other people or that my opinion matters more than theirs.

Not to make an excuse, but I discovered lately that I have been living with a pretty serious illness and it has definitely had an affect on the way I interact with people. It mainly just causes a lot of pain, and I have never been very good at dealing with it, so it causes me to lash out at those around me sometimes. Going down, which I have to admit despite my high horse attitude I did eventually listen to, brought tears to my eyes because I could relate to it so well. Sorry about my hypocrisy regarding leaks. Although I have not heard much besides that one.

When I was gone from this board, I thought about a lot of things. The current events going on in the world can't help but make me reflect on the way I act online. I can't say I will change it, but I at least wish it will change.

I also began tapping into the power of making my own art. I think that anyone who loves music enough to obsess over a band really ought to give it a shot, it's more possible than ever with today's technology. It is quite psychological journey if you really get into it.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »

one last thing, before anyone thinks I may have renigged entirely, is that I still think axl was villified for a long stretch there and while i don't regret trying to take a stand against it in my own ineffective way, i have to say it sucks to fight over your favorite band. even if you feel like you are on their side, you are still fighting when you could be enjoying. and if you are on a message board every day, then no matter what you say to the contrary I would find a hard time believing you, it is likely that you will be affected outside of the forum by forum life.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: