Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Axl To Record With AC/DC?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl To Record With AC/DC?  (Read 5448 times)
Paco1936
Opening Act

« on: December 27, 2016, 04:39:32 AM »

Anyone know if this story is true?

http://metaltalk.net/news2016sg/2016541a.php
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:40:35 PM »

Just a rumor I guess. Nothing's been announced either way regarding Axl's involvement with AC/DC going forward (or if AC/DC is even going to continue). Would be awesome if they record together though.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »

May be some truth to it.....?  I am not sure how reliable Noise11 is.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/arts-and-entertainment/20170217/steve-smith-aretha-franklin-to-record-final-album-axl-rose-and-acdc-plan-new-record

Guns N? Roses is Down Under, touring Australia on its lengthy Not In This Lifetime reunion tour.

Since last year, Guns singer Axl Rose has also been fronting legendary Aussie rock band AC/DC, ever since that band?s lead guitarist unceremoniously fired popular singer Brian Johnson after 36 years with the group (Johnson developed severe hearing problems and Young opted not to wait for Johnson?s treatment to succeed).

Last weekend, Young joined Rose and Guns N? Roses onstage at a trio of Guns gigs, two in Sydney and one in Melbourne. At each show, Young, Rose and Guns showcased a pair of early AC/DC rockers, ?Whole Lotta Rosie? and ?Riff Raff.?

This comes after Young has vowed to continue not only performing with Rose, but Noise11 reports that a new AC/DC album will be recorded with Rose handling the vocals.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:06:56 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »

I am not one of the guys who thinks this would be so great ....not the music itself ...

but if there is an AC DC release before a GNR one ... that will really sting.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:16:01 AM »

Not sure if it was posted before.

http://www.noise11.com/news/new-acdc-album-not-expected-until-2018-20170223

"...It don't really matter..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 01:04:40 AM »

Sounds like total speculation to me. Just connecting the dots to when GNR's touring schedule ends. They're really the only ones running with this right now, aren't they? Maybe they have some inside source, being that they're in Australia, but the information is very vague.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:04:40 AM »

Sounds like total speculation to me. Just connecting the dots to when GNR's touring schedule ends. They're really the only ones running with this right now, aren't they? Maybe they have some inside source, being that they're in Australia, but the information is very vague.

Sounds bullshit to me as well. However, I saw plenty of rumors that there will be a new album indeed coming 2018. I am from Bulgaria and here the rumors are the same.
My two cents. Not saying I won't be happy about new Axl/DC album but I would definitely be happier if new GN'R music is the priority. I guess I'm like the majority here... Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: