Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler Reddit AMA
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler Reddit AMA  (Read 8452 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« on: January 27, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »

Did anyone catch this?

Judging by one of Steven's comments, I have a feeling we may have seen the last of him with GN'R.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »

It was classic Steven.  In short, he said that the shows he did with GNR were the exact opposite of what he had expected, and that he would not join GNR again unless it was the AFD5, as he feels the magic is now gone and it is not fair to the fans.

Which is funny because, ya know, everyone looks so miserable at all of the packed shows this year.    Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:52:27 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »

It was classic Steven.  In short, he said that the shows he did with GNR were the exact opposite of what he had expected, and that he would not join GNR again unless it was the AFD5, as he feels the magic is now gone and it is not fair to the fans.

Which is funny because, ya know, everyone looks so miserable at all of the packed shows this year.    Roll Eyes

Bingo.

They have a very capable drummer in Frank.  They didn't NEED to invite Steven on stage as a guest for ticket sales or any other reason.  It was a gesture of good will that he shit on yesterday.

I can't imagine it will go over well.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »

Bingo.

They have a very capable drummer in Frank.  They didn't NEED to invite Steven on stage as a guest for ticket sales or any other reason.  It was a gesture of good will that he shit on yesterday.

Ali

I get why some hardcore fans would be salty that it's not the AFD5, but to me it makes sense that this is the lineup.  Tommy was out, Axl needed a bassist, in comes Duff who is already pals with Axl.  Bumblefoot is gone, so Axl is also faced with a guitarist dilemma.  Axl, probably bolstered by his now fully healed relationship with Duff, decides to reach out to Slash.  DJ seeing this coming, wisely decides to "resign" from GNR, as his inclusion as a lead guitarist no longer makes sense.

So, in short, Axl didn't want to fire anyone or do the reunion at anyone's expense.  Richard's been in the band since 2002, Frank since 2006.  Why kick them to curb, just to please a handful of grey mullets? Wouldn't be very cool.

It's also clear he wanted Izzy and Steven to be part of it, but couldn't come to terms, particularly with Izzy who may or may not have been wanted full time, along with Richard to "fill out" the sound.   

How anyone can simply jump to the conclusion that the big 3 are out to screw over Izzy & Steven just because isn't using their heads. 

Also, if you do not believe that if they had called on Steven to be the full time drummer of the current lineup that he wouldn't be there with bells on, then I don't know what to tell you.  He's trying to save face here methinks.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »

Just cut all fucking ties with this guy already.  What a god damn ingrate.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »

So, in short, Axl didn't want to fire anyone or do the reunion at anyone's expense.  Richard's been in the band since 2002, Frank since 2006.  Why kick them to curb, just to please a handful of grey mullets? Wouldn't be very cool.

And makes it doubly awkward when you have to go back, hat in hand, to one of those guys once Izzy or Steven flakes on you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »

And makes it doubly awkward when you have to go back, hat in hand, to one of those guys once Izzy or Steven flakes on you.

Izzy hasn't been on a major tour since 1991, and he quit because he couldn't handle it...When he was 29.  Would he fare much better at 54? And Steven hasn't done a major tour since, what? 1988? It isn't supernatural what's going on here folks.

That said, if somehow the AFD5 reunited, of course I'd be there to catch it.  I just find it humorous that many of the same clowns who rip on fans hoping to hear another GNR album are the ones holding their breath with folded arms for said show, which is probably just as unlikely.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:20:16 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

Bingo.

Ali

I get why some hardcore fans would be salty that it's not the AFD5, but to me it makes sense that this is the lineup.  Tommy was out, Axl needed a bassist, in comes Duff who is already pals with Axl.  Bumblefoot is gone, so Axl is also faced with a guitarist dilemma.  Axl, probably bolstered by his now fully healed relationship with Duff, decides to reach out to Slash.  DJ seeing this coming, wisely decides to "resign" from GNR, as his inclusion as a lead guitarist no longer makes sense.

It's also clear he wanted Izzy and Steven to be part of it, but couldn't come to terms, particularly with Izzy who may or may not have been wanted full time, along with Richard to "fill out" the sound.   

How anyone can simply jump to the conclusion that the big 3 are out to screw over Izzy & Steven just because isn't using their heads. 

Also, if you do not believe that if they had called on Steven to be the full time drummer of the current lineup that he wouldn't be there with bells on, then I don't know what to tell you.  He's trying to save face here methinks.
No way in hell was Axl going to fire Richard or Frank.  They have been loyal and caused no drama, just like Dizzy.  He's had his job for 26 years.

The lack of gratitude for what was clearly a gesture of good will is astonishing.

I feel bad for Steven and the fact that he suffered a stroke.  But, at the same time, he does this to himself, with his choices.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »

Bingo.

Ali

No way in hell was Axl going to fire Richard or Frank.  They have been loyal and caused no drama, just like Dizzy.  He's had his job for 26 years.

The lack of gratitude for what was clearly a gesture of good will is astonishing.

I feel bad for Steven and the fact that he suffered a stroke.  But, at the same time, he does this to himself, with his choices.

Ali

No one buys tickets to the current GNR tour to hopefully catch a glimpse of Steven Adler, the same way Stones fans don't buy tickets hoping to see Mick Taylor.  That's not to diminish what either brought to those bands, it's just that they are simply not icons the same way Axl, Slash, Duff, Mick, Keith, & Charlie are.  It's nice when they make guest appearances, but their inclusion simply won't sell more tickets. 

It's just funny the way some fans/posters act so wounded at the lack of their inclusion.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »

Just cut all fucking ties with this guy already.  What a god damn ingrate.

Hahahahaha. So true.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »

Got to respect the guy for speaking his true feelings.

Hes looking around seeing a girl in blue hair, new members, and wondered how did we get here.

Id like to see him drum over Frank.  I have zero attachments to Frank.  He is Pete Best.  Could care less.
GREAT guy, but hes not classic GNR.  That's why I love the band.  When Adler gets behind the kit it feels better.

He wants to see the classic gunners play and so do I.  It would be better. 
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 03:39:34 AM »

For me, out of all gnr drummers i like Adler the least.
I much rather watch Frank play than Steven

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 04:12:39 AM »

he was a really good drummer in the 1980's.
but he never left the 1980's.
instead, he fucked himself up and became an irritating, stupid, wasted, moronic piece of ungrateful shit.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »

Here were Steven's exact words.... (funny how everyone here left out the part where he acknowledged that he had a great time)

"I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was [not] everything that I thought it was going to be.  It was the complete opposite.  If it was going be just the five original guys with [Izzy] and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and [Izzy] actually really do wanna be a part of it."

Was that as jubilant as you'd want him to sound?  Maybe not.  But his comments are hardly the train wreck that people on here are making them out to be.  He's passionate towards the original lineup.  He always has been.  He still is.  That's reflected in his comments here.  Big deal.

Izzy hasn't been on a major tour since 1991, and he quit because he couldn't handle it...When he was 29.

Yeah, Izzy couldn't handle it at 29 because Axl was a Hitler-esque dictator at that time, riots were occurring, and Slash and Duff were two perpetually life-endangering wastoids.  Axl, Slash, Duff "handled" the world tours themselves by disappointing scores of fans, nearly killing themselves, and tearing the band apart, leaving decades of bad blood between them.  Insinuating that Izzy was somehow a wimp because he couldn't "handle" all of that is pure ridiculous ignorance on your part, and it's also ridiculous to suggest that this tour is comparable to the 90s in terms of Izzy's participation.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:44:55 PM by Bridge » Logged
Annie
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »

It was very benevolent of GNR to include Steven in the NITL tour. I predicted that he would never be happy with mere guest spots and would feel that his "rightful" place should be returned to him. Allowing his mother to parade around with him like some sort of trophy to promote her crappy codependent book that is cashing in on the NILT tour is nauseating.

I remember Axl's own words.
The nightmare of Steven's mother.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

It was very benevolent of GNR to include Steven in the NITL tour. I predicted that he would never be happy with mere guest spots and would feel that his "rightful" place should be returned to him. Allowing his mother to parade around with him like some sort of trophy to promote her crappy codependent book that is cashing in on the NILT tour is nauseating.

I remember Axl's own words.
The nightmare of Steven's mother.

Which are pretty hard to dismiss now.

TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »

Here were Steven's exact words.... (funny how everyone here left out the part where he acknowledged that he had a great time)

"I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was [not] everything that I thought it was going to be.  It was the complete opposite.  If it was going be just the five original guys with [Izzy] and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and [Izzy] actually really do wanna be a part of it."

Was that as jubilant as you'd want him to sound?  Maybe not.  But his comments are hardly the train wreck that people on here are making them out to be.  He's passionate towards the original lineup.  He always has been.  He still is.  That's reflected in his comments here.  Big deal.

Izzy hasn't been on a major tour since 1991, and he quit because he couldn't handle it...When he was 29.

Yeah, Izzy couldn't handle it at 29 because Axl was a Hitler-esque dictator at that time, riots were occurring, and Slash and Duff were two perpetually life-endangering wastoids.  Axl, Slash, Duff "handled" the world tours themselves by disappointing scores of fans, nearly killing themselves, and tearing the band apart, leaving decades of bad blood between them.  Insinuating that Izzy was somehow a wimp because he couldn't "handle" all of that is pure ridiculous ignorance on your part, and it's also ridiculous to suggest that this tour is comparable to the 90s in terms of Izzy's participation.

That's because some people here, usually the leftover anti classic line up crowd, love to hate on Steven.

It blows my mind.  You love this band yet treat some members like human trash.

Steven said a lot of nice things, and basically just said he wanted the FAB 5 to play together.

While no one is not coming to see Adler hes mostly a fan favorite, and brings great energy to the show.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: