Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Steven Adlers abscence
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adlers abscence  (Read 30119 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 03:35:02 PM »

at least he speaks his mind.

sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's a bit pathetic, but in a way his addictions and lack of abilities
preserved him to become another corporate rocker who thinks first of diplomacy and bank account.

and yes he's wild, and no he doesn't think twice before opening his mouth. but who cares? if it's a
problem, that's not *ours*. at least his interviews are never boring, without filters.

I know we live in a political correctness world now where you will be crucified on Twitter for a bad word,
where the spirit of Rock N'Roll seems vanished, but I will never judge someone by his inaptitude to make
money or his inaptitude to be a rock technocrat.

and I didn't even mention he's the only one to do interviews.  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »

sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's a bit pathetic, but in a way his addictions and lack of abilities
preserved him to become another corporate rocker who thinks first of diplomacy and bank account.

and yes he's wild, and no he doesn't think twice before opening his mouth. but who cares? if it's a
problem, that's not *ours*. at least his interviews are never boring, without filters.

I know we live in a political correctness world now where you will be crucified on Twitter for a bad word,
where the spirit of Rock N'Roll seems vanished, but I will never judge someone by his inaptitude to make

The way I see it the reason this current tour is going so well is it's the first time that these guys have been healthy with their head on straight together as a group probably ever. Regardless of the circumstances he (Adler) is a liability to that relationship. I wish him well, and think he is perfectly capable of drumming, but he shouldn't be allowed in the same continent as Axl, Duff, and Slash if this is how everything with him is going to go.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 06:28:25 AM »

All very true. But he's not up to the job of doing a megabucks stadium tour, and that's the reality we're in.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 08:36:43 AM »

says who?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »

The way I see it the reason this current tour is going so well is it's the first time that these guys have been healthy with their head on straight together as a group probably ever.

Easily the most competent and professional tour in the band's history.  It's been nice to see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »

says who?

Himself? His back is fucked, by his own admission.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 10:28:17 PM »

Nope.  Steven's own admission was that he was fine right after surgery.

Whether that is entirely true is another matter.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:32:00 PM by Bridge » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 07:13:51 AM »

Nope.  Steven's own admission was that he was fine right after surgery.

Whether that is entirely true is another matter.

Possibly yeah. Still- would have made rehearsals nigh on impossible I guess.

The band are tight at the moment- arguably the tightest and most together they've ever been. I'm more than happy with that as a fan!

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »

"Could've expired after a year".  Yes, "could" have.  As someone who has had to sign many NDAs in his time, a year is an unusually short expiration time.  That is especially true considering that the tour is on-going.

But he's not involved in the current tour, and the band never knew how long they'd be extending it.

Either way, it's pure speculation how it was worded and if Steven violated it.

As you say, you're biased towards his place in GN'R history.  Maybe that's why you chalk up his "joking" about pushing Frank down a flight of stairs as "the Steven we know"

No, I said Steven was biased towards his place in GNR history....

But everything else he's said never came off as anything other than the Steven we know: someone who is very biased towards and passionate about his place and history in Guns N Roses.  His personality is certainly forward and edgy but in these cases, it's only offensive when you automatically search for fault in anything he says.

....which is why he tends to speak/joke that way.  Yeah, "I just felt like pushing him down the stairs so I can play!" isn't the best way to word a sentiment like that, but to me it isn't really that different from saying "God, I'm gonna kill him!" to a friend who just dribbled chocolate syrup all other your table.

And the "I'll kill you" expression is an in-stone piece of lexicon used by everyone.  Along with phrases like "I'll kick your ass", "punch you", "kick you".  "If you walk on my mopped floor, I'll knock you out!"   Shocked  All things that people say every single day.  Steven Adler said "push you down the stairs".  The very crowd that has a problem with that is the crowd that very likely uses all those other phrases and thinks nothing of it.

During his recent comments, Steven freely acknowledged that Frank was a nice guy.  I highly doubt he desired literally to push Frank downstairs.  It was obviously a piece of rhetoric he used to elaborate of why he wishes he were playing drums more.
It was sarcasm, but like any use of sarcasm, it can hint at underlying resentment.  Frankly, I didn't think it was funny.  The fact that he thought it would be a joke is bizarre to me.

Anyway, if Steven is done with GN'R as a result of these comments, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: