Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Metallica New Album Free With Ticket Purchase, Come On Guns!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica New Album Free With Ticket Purchase, Come On Guns!!!  (Read 26043 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« on: March 01, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »

So this was a nice little surprise.

In my email inbox was message from Metallica telling me that since I recently purchased a ticket to a upcoming show I now receive a copy of there new album.  This copy can be a physical copy, digital or you can send it off as a gift.  All totally free.  (included as part of the ticket)

I think this is awesome and really wish my fav band in the world Guns N Roses would do this.   Guns is playing a show in the same city 2 weeks after.

I don't care if this is to increase ticket sales (I didn't even know about it and bout a ticket)

I don't care if the album is mostly rubbish (I do actually like a couple of songs off it and its new material)

What a great gift to the fans.   New original material!!!!!!!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »

It's not the band's choice to do that, it's the record company's, which Guns are still under contract with.  Metallica can do this because they're independent.  Sad but TRUE!   Wink

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »

It's not the band's choice to do that, it's the record company's, which Guns are still under contract with.  Metallica can do this because they're independent.  Sad but TRUE!   Wink

Its the records companies choice for Guns N Roses to release new music?

Or

Is it the record companies choice to include albums of anything when ever they want......

Easy choice though when there is no new material to release
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »

A cynic could suggest that it's because people weren't buying the new Metallica album........

After all, what sort of a fan has tickets to see a band and hasn't bought the album they're touring? That's pretty weird.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »

A cynic could suggest that it's because people weren't buying the new Metallica album........

After all, what sort of a fan has tickets to see a band and hasn't bought the album they're touring? That's pretty weird.

I think there album debuted #1 and last year the band toped all rock bands in sales. 

Like I said its cool that a band would do this.  Its cool a band is actually promoting original music as well

I am not even close to being a huge Metallica fan.  I have never actually seen them live before.   I am looking forward to them playing some of there hit as well as some new music and perhaps old stuff I have never even heard before.

You think it is weird for someone to see a concert and not buy that bands recent album?  Damn I would I would have thousands of random albums in my place then.   Every bar band, lounge band I have seen that has a recent album would sure love you !!!!   
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 04:49:13 PM »

I think there album debuted #1 and last year the band toped all rock bands in sales. 

Like I said its cool that a band would do this.  Its cool a band is actually promoting original music as well

I am not even close to being a huge Metallica fan.  I have never actually seen them live before.   I am looking forward to them playing some of there hit as well as some new music and perhaps old stuff I have never even heard before.

You think it is weird for someone to see a concert and not buy that bands recent album?  Damn I would I would have thousands of random albums in my place then.   Every bar band, lounge band I have seen that has a recent album would sure love you !!!!   

Pretty much! I mean, definitely with established bands. I wouldn't really go and pay money to see a band unless I was into their new stuff- new bands (bar bands etc that I might have had a tip off about, or a friend takes me to see) that I haven't heard before I'll pick up their album at the end of the show if I like them and they're selling them.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »

Or

Is it the record companies choice to include albums of anything when ever they want......

What I mean is that the record company would need to give the green light to give music away for free.  Which they wouldn't.  I can see why the artist might want to do that.  But why would the record company?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »

Or

What I mean is that the record company would need to give the green light to give music away for free.  Which they wouldn't.  I can see why the artist might want to do that.  But why would the record company?

A lot of big artists sign 360 deals these deals, and that ties in gig earnings with record sales, which would facilitate this.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 05:54:28 PM »

Pretty much! I mean, definitely with established bands. I wouldn't really go and pay money to see a band unless I was into their new stuff- new bands (bar bands etc that I might have had a tip off about, or a friend takes me to see) that I haven't heard before I'll pick up their album at the end of the show if I like them and they're selling them.

Cool. You see it different than me.

I am also seeing the chilli peppers in may and have zero interest in any of there new material they may be promotIng
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »

How come? I'm not a Chili's fan, but why not give the new stuff a go? Otherwise it's just nostalgia right?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

How come? I'm not a Chili's fan, but why not give the new stuff a go? Otherwise it's just nostalgia right?

I won't go out of my way to purchase new music from most bands.  There has to be really something more to it.   I.e fav band of all time, been at a concert new songs catch my ear like them but the, something on radio new, etc

I am going to a lot of concerts the way I see lots of people going to guns n roses concerts now.  As a a casual fan.  I may even stand in line for hour for yum yums.  Stand still with no dancing to the music. And try and to record most of the show on my phone and take pictures of myself.  Hahahaha. Nah can't see that happening haha
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:49 AM »

I won't go out of my way to purchase new music from most bands.  There has to be really something more to it.   I.e fav band of all time, been at a concert new songs catch my ear like them but the, something on radio new, etc

I am going to a lot of concerts the way I see lots of people going to guns n roses concerts now.  As a a casual fan.  I may even stand in line for hour for yum yums.  Stand still with no dancing to the music. And try and to record most of the show on my phone and take pictures of myself.  Hahahaha. Nah can't see that happening haha

That's at odds with your views on new guns stuff though! You see now why people are saying there is no demand for a new guns album....

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 07:00:09 AM »

That's at odds with your views on new guns stuff though! You see now why people are saying there is no demand for a new guns album....

No I don't see why people are saying actually.

If anything my comments have shown there is a huge demand for these albums

Meratillica.  And some what similiar sized band is playing the exact same venue Guns I playing here   It actually sold out in around 20 mins.  Guns you can still by tickets

Metalllicas new album debuted number and has sold very well

I am sure hard core fans of this band loved having a new album to buy.  As a soft core fan it sure was cool getting the album as a surprise
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »

But you're saying you have no interest in a new album by a band you're a casual fan of right? No desire to hear to new material?

That's what most people think about Guns. There's not many hardcore fans.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 11:42:34 AM »

But you're saying you have no interest in a new album by a band you're a casual fan of right? No desire to hear to new material?

No that's not what I said

I said specifically for the band The Red Hot Chili Peppers, I have zero interest in any of there new music they are promoting.   I heard it, I don't like it.  I really like there older stuff and lots of it, so I am hoping to enjoy the show.

I welcome new music from most bands, I wont go out of my way to purchase it, unless I hear something and like it usually.  Just not buying something just off of a bands name....  For the most part, with most bands....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »

RHCP just came through here.  The setlist was a god damn nightmare.  I'd be so pissed if had I spent money on tickets.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

RHCP just came through here.  The setlist was a god damn nightmare.  I'd be so pissed if had I spent money on tickets.

You went for free then and just didn't like the set list?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 07:12:45 PM »

I said specifically for the band The Red Hot Chili Peppers, I have zero interest in any of there new music they are promoting.   I heard it, I don't like it.  I really like there older stuff and lots of it, so I am hoping to enjoy the show.

I welcome new music from most bands, I wont go out of my way to purchase it, unless I hear something and like it usually.  Just not buying something just off of a bands name....  For the most part, with most bands....

Don't you think most people might feel like that about Guns though? I bet there's a big percentage of these crowds that echo your views on RHCP. And that's one of many reasons that a lot of older bands simply don't see the need to put out any new music- people are just not interested.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »

Don't you think most people might feel like that about Guns though? I bet there's a big percentage of these crowds that echo your views on RHCP. And that's one of many reasons that a lot of older bands simply don't see the need to put out any new music- people are just not interested.

Are you not reading what I am typing here.   Seems like you want me to support some sorta point of view and when I don't you are pretty much just saying I am haha

I welcome new music from bands.

Just like Metallica

I peronsally did not like the new material from the red hot chilli peppers.  That's one band

So yea. I hope more people are like me

Welcome new music from any band.  Then use there own mind and taste to support either the new music or the tour or both    I do think most people just don't by a album because they are seeing a concert or because the bands name is on the cover   I think you are the minority
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »

What was wrong with it? I'm taking the Missus to see them in June Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: