Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Metallica New Album Free With Ticket Purchase, Come On Guns!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica New Album Free With Ticket Purchase, Come On Guns!!!  (Read 26053 times)
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

I would expect Guns N' Roses to have less varied sets than those bands - they have less material to draw on.  Bob Dylan has 38 studio albums, 26 EPs and 85 singles.  Metallica have eleven albums, five EPs and 39 singles.  Red Hot Chili Peppers have eleven albums, five EPs and 44 singles.  I've remarked more than once that Guns N' Roses must be one of very, very few bands to be at that kind of level (in terms of recognition, iconic status, media buz, ticket sales, whatever) without actually releasing all that much music over the course of their career.  For such a big band, their back catalogue is actually pretty thin, and that's even with a covers album included. 

This thread reminds me of my dad telling me of a gig he went to back in the seventies or eighties.  John Otway was doing a tour, and his thing was that to get in you had to have a copy of his new single as well as a ticket.  hihi

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 12:28:21 PM »

I would expect Guns N' Roses to have less varied sets than those bands - they have less material to draw on.  Bob Dylan has 38 studio albums, 26 EPs and 85 singles.  Metallica have eleven albums, five EPs and 39 singles.  Red Hot Chili Peppers have eleven albums, five EPs and 44 singles.  I've remarked more than once that Guns N' Roses must be one of very, very few bands to be at that kind of level (in terms of recognition, iconic status, media buz, ticket sales, whatever) without actually releasing all that much music over the course of their career.  For such a big band, their back catalogue is actually pretty thin, and that's even with a covers album included. 

This thread reminds me of my dad telling me of a gig he went to back in the seventies or eighties.  John Otway was doing a tour, and his thing was that to get in you had to have a copy of his new single as well as a ticket.  hihi

Well said

Yep this and has hardly any songs.    They should be releasing more!  Adding volume to this light set list.   But I guess playijg other people's music is easie r
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

Well said

Yep this and has hardly any songs.    They should be releasing more!  Adding volume to this light set list.   But I guess playijg other people's music is easie r

Correct. Songs like The Seeker are easier for Axl to sing than deep cuts from UYI. It still amazes me that Coma remained as a staple.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: