Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135213 times)
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2020, 03:15:37 PM »

I won't do presale again.  I've found you get better seats in your price range by waiting for the regular sale.

So you're right and wrong. A band presale is limited. But for all other presales - citibank, American express, etc - they open up ALL the seats, so it's quite possible that by the time you try to get decent seats on Friday they will be gone.

This all changed this year from what I can tell (as someone who has been buying tickets for a loooong time). For example, Sturgill Simpson and Elton John tickets went on sale where I live and sold out in presales. By the time general sales started the dickhead scalpers were reselling them on ticketmaster and stubhub.

I do my best to get a presale code. Check out reddit or if you have a citibank card, then use that. Citibank presale is tomorrow at noon.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »

7 new songs per show. if they play the same songs twice in a row it dosent count.

Honestly, everytime ive seen them i got atleast 1 new song ive never seen them do before. Personally i have no complaints.
But. its true that a new album would make us all very happy obviously.

I'd have been pumped if I was at the show they dug out 'Locomotive'.  In my top 10 all time GNR tunes.

My second NITL show, I got 'There Was A Time'.  Hands down my favorite CD tune.  Life was good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 03:29:26 PM »

Once again, what is the magic number of new songs that need to be in the setlist for you to stop posting the same old comments?

I just wanna see what kind of expectations you have. I'm curious.

So just post a number or a % of songs in the setlist. Thanks!
4 to 5 is a no brainer they play up to 9 covers a night which isn't what the fans wanna hear thing is GnR have unfinished business they only had 4 original albums 3 with Slash and Duff their is an Appetite for new music unlike a lot of other bands from the 80s who put out over a dozen albums in their career so they just stay on the nostalgia trip as the interest isn't there either from the record company or the hardcore fanbase.

/jarmo

Tute
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 03:35:28 PM »

7 songs

Once again, what is the magic number of new songs that need to be in the setlist for you to stop posting the same old comments?

I just wanna see what kind of expectations you have. I'm curious.

So just post a number or a % of songs in the setlist. Thanks!

/jarmo

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 03:37:24 PM »

7 new songs per show. if they play the same songs twice in a row it dosent count.

Honestly, everytime ive seen them i got atleast 1 new song ive never seen them do before. Personally i have no complaints.
But. its true that a new album would make us all very happy obviously.

I'd have been pumped if I was at the show they dug out 'Locomotive'.  In my top 10 all time GNR tunes.

My second NITL show, I got 'There Was A Time'.  Hands down my favorite CD tune.  Life was good.
Ah, TWAT is a rare treat. I hope i get that lucky someday.

Lemme see.
2006 I got IRS and Think About You, The Blues which are semi rare.
2010 Got my first Sorry and This I Love
2017 Bangkok i got My Michelle and my First Coma and other NITL staples.
2017 Hämeenlinna New Rose, Whole Lotta Rosie, Black Hole Sun.
2018 Berlin Used To Love Her, Slither, Wichita
2018 Tallinn Shadow Of Your Love

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »

I also lack your vested interest to stay on message and not dare rock the boat.  Which I get.  But can't discount either.

Your assumption that I'm not allowed, or dare, to say what I think is just astounding and... wrong.

I get why you make that kind of assumption. After all, you can't say what I say unless there's some kind of hidden dark reason for it right?

Others wouldn't make the same assumption and would come to different conclusions. But everyone's different. Some people know me, others think they do.... Smiley

In short, I believe they'll release new music. One of the reasons is that I don't think they have written and worked on those songs to keep them for themselves.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »

In short, I believe they'll release new music. One of the reasons is that I don't think they have written and worked on those songs to keep them for themselves.  Smiley

/jarmo

Do you still believe that's in the works for this spring to coincide with the tour?  Or are you just speaking loosely and in generalities? 

Because I too believe we'll hear new GNR music sometime in our lifetime.  But that's a pretty big parking spot and you don't exactly need to be Nostradamus to make that prediction.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »

Do you still believe that's in the works for this spring to coincide with the tour?  Or are you just speaking loosely and in generalities? 

Because I too believe we'll hear new GNR music sometime in our lifetime.  But that's a pretty big parking spot and you don't exactly need to be Nostradamus to make that prediction.

So you're not as negative as you come across!  hihi  Wink Joking!

Seriously though, I'm not gonna write off spring 2020 in February.

They still haven't mentioned this tour being part of Not In This Lifetime. So, it's gotta be something else. A new tour....

7 songs

Then the follow up question would be, which songs would you remove? Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2020, 04:03:23 PM »

Do you still believe that's in the works for this spring to coincide with the tour?  Or are you just speaking loosely and in generalities?  

Because I too believe we'll hear new GNR music sometime in our lifetime.  But that's a pretty big parking spot and you don't exactly need to be Nostradamus to make that prediction.

So you're not as negative as you come across!  hihi  Wink Joking!

They still haven't mentioned this tour being part of Not In This Lifetime. So, it's gotta be something else. A new tour....

/jarmo

Fair enough.  I guess I'm just going by what's traditionally done.  I know it's a dangerous game comparing GNR to other rock bands, but take what Pearl Jam just did.  The single and album announcement coincided with the tour dates.  GNR have already made the full tour announcement through August of this year, with zero hint of an album.

Now, if they're throwing playbook out the window and just releasing this album guerilla style once the mixing and mastering are done, could it just drop?  Sure, that's possible.  However, I just don't want to bank on that unlikely scenario.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »

For one, when the band tours Australia tickets are as high as $400. You add travel and accomodation as a ‘die hard’ its quite expensive to see the band. I even travelled to Coachella for the reunion from Australia. Now is it too much to ask for the band to play a different show from the past 3 years?

For me its:
-2 to 3 brand new songs in the set- to get the creative machine flowing and gives back to the die hards that spend so much to consistently see the band.
-drop the over played unnecessary covers (seriously I’ve seen the band 4 times since 2013, i dont want to hear The Seeker again!) Alternating Dont Cry and Patience in replace of a cover thats been over played is ridiculous. We are seeing Guns N’ Roses not Soundgarden or The Who or Glen Campbell.
-changing the order of songs, why not open with Jungle or Nightrain or something else? A new energy, something slightly different and unexpected. Change it nightly even? Be spontaneous.
-Being in the crowd and knowing exactly what song is coming next isn’t overly exciting after so many shows.
- you cant argue with the original songs the band plays, absolutely not! They have produced some huge songs for us over the past few tours: coma, locomotive, etc but there is still many many GNR songs that could be played.
-when the Stones toured we could text what deep cut we would love to hear, how cool is that!
- the extended solos instead of playing Guns N Roses songs is getting pretty boring too. Lets see, do i want to hear Slash play a 10 minute solo in the middle of Rocket Queen , not for the 5th time! I would prefer another Guns N Roses song. As the majority would agree im sure.

Not trying to come across as entitled or complaining, its purely about this band expecting its fans to spend hundred if not thousands of dollars to see the exact same
Show.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »

Your assumption that I'm not allowed, or dare, to say what I think is just astounding and... wrong.

I get why you make that kind of assumption. After all, you can't say what I say unless there's some kind of hidden dark reason for it right?

C'mon, man.  Seriously?

If the turnip truck just rolled through your neighborhood, it was not immediately after ejecting me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2020, 04:08:45 PM »

The covers.  At the least, give us a few new ones.

Even The Who doesn't play 'The Seeker'.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2020, 04:17:17 PM »

7 songs

/jarmo

Read, and absorb.

It's a new tour, a new chapter, the interviews give a clue, even the band asked what new songs to add on their twitter, I'm sure I read that.

If the band talk new album, new chapter, then do the same tour, then people will talk with their wallets/purses at the end of the day.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »

The covers.  At the least, give us a few new ones.

Even The Who doesn't play 'The Seeker'.
They do every once in a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFq-HWhtU0

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »

If the band talk new album, new chapter, then do the same tour, then people will talk with their wallets/purses at the end of the day.

And really, with that single sentence, Mysteron has perfectly summarized my sentiments. Bravo.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2020, 04:44:14 PM »

And really, with that single sentence, Mysteron has perfectly summarized my sentiments. Bravo.

Aye, but armed with the obvious, and the fact that two giants in Uni and Livenation are driving the car, give the band a little space and time to do their thing. Forego CD, that whole era has to be written off as a basis for what is happening now.

As Duff said, it is all about legacy, and they are laying that out as we speak. We will look back upon this year in years to come and the fans will speak with their money in years to come if GN'R want to be considered an entity with longevity. The band obviously have to do the right thing for them, but that involves doing the right thing for the people that support them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:48:40 PM by Mysteron » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2020, 04:52:41 PM »

Aye, but armed with the obvious, and the fact that two giants in Uni and Livenation are driving the car, give the band a little space and time to do their thing. Forego CD, that whole era has to be written off as a basis for what is happening now.

As Duff said, it is all about legacy, and they are laying that out as we speak. We will look back upon this year in years to come and the fans will speak with their money in years to come if GN'R want to be considered an entity with longevity. The band obviously have to do the right thing for them, but that involves doing the right thing for the people that support them.

At this point, now that the entire tour has been rolled out spanning well into Q3, it comes down to whether or not the powers that be can figure out how to negotiate a release that everyone's happy with, and whether or not we as fans have faith in this regime to make it a reality during that time.  That's a big leap of faith.  Sure, anything's possible.  But realistic?  I honestly don't know.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »

At this point, now that the entire tour has been rolled out spanning well into Q3, it comes down to whether or not the powers that be can figure out how to negotiate a release that everyone's happy with, and whether or not we as fans have faith in this regime to make it a reality during that time.  That's a big leap of faith.  Sure, anything's possible.  But realistic?  I honestly don't know.

On the forums, the band need to look beyond the negative comments and just see that people just want a song. They want a 5 note Close Encounters experience to see the band are still productively active. On the forums, no one cares about how songs are released, just do something. I get it, and I am sure someone, somewhere, on a management level gets it as well. We have been here 20 years with one album. When the band were messed about, we were messed with as well. We live and feel, in a different way, the journey of Axl Rose.

But, there are the 5 million who saw them live at the concerts as well. 4.9 million of them do not post on forums. So.… But....

It is one of those things, the band will consider what we are saying, but there is a bigger picture as well.

Again though, bigger picture, it is new chapter, so there has to be something to sell.

And, the powers that be refer to a lot of people now. It will not just be Axl and TB.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »

Yes, most people are going to see GNR nowadays because of their old hits.  However, that doesn’t mean a new album isn’t necessarily needed.  

A new album would 1) spark even more interest.  2) hopefully get them some new and positive publicity. 3) maybe prolong their relevancy, and 4) add to their legacy and possibly make it a better one.  

If GNR never put out another album, they would still go down as one of better rock bands.  However, there will always be a lot of “what if” and “not enough material” to be named up there near the top.   By putting out new material over the coming years, they could really add to their legacy and even be talked about as one of the greatest ever!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2020, 05:18:53 PM »

I think they called 'Larger than life' tour. =)

7 songs

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: