Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135282 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »

I think pending on the market their are just areas GNR are always gonna sell out regardless of new music or not. New York, LA, Chicago and Boston would be pretty close to locks for sell outs or just about sell outs the other spots I don't know how well they will do without incentive if they have not seen GNR in their current incarnation live before.

With that said I am very torn I am pretty much a lock for buying tickets for Metlife but trying to determine is it better to buy asap or too wait it out and see on the secondary market.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2020, 05:30:16 PM »

My god you people just worry yourself into all kinds of bad places and dark moods.  Calm the fuck down hihi

I'll take it as you've got a lot of love for this band.  Can we get back to, woohoo GNR in the USA!  

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2020, 05:37:03 PM »

They are never going to struggle to sell tickets with this line-up.

There is a reason they are booking stadiums and not "up close and personal" <wink> type venues.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »

C'mon, man.  Seriously?

Seriously. Your assumption that I'm afraid to say what I think is just bullshit. To put it bluntly.

You repeat it, yet I've yet to see any evidence to back up your assumption.

Maybe my fear is just my honest opinion.... Oh the horror!

Here's another truth about the setlist. The band plays The Seeker because they want to. It's not there because the Internet demanded it to be in the set... Smiley

Another hard truth: They removed Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun from the Miami setlist. So less covers as you wished! Also, Coma or Locomotive weren't played, they changed the setlist!  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2020, 05:50:12 PM »

Good riddance to 'Wichita Lineman'.

Did ANYONE dig that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »

Did ANYONE dig that?

I do.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »

Doubtful,the large crowds that go to these stadium shows skew way more to casual fans than diehards on message boards.  They  take bathroom breaks during songs they don’t know and have no idea who Izzy Stradlin is. They don’t care about new music.  

The NITL tour was the third highest grossing tour in history, how are we still talking about Izzy’s drawing power?  Is there even one person on this board who skipped the last tour because Izzy wasn’t there ?

Okay, but do you think casuals will go see the same band every other year? I think it would be hard to sell out stadiums to casuals who just saw you in 2018. I agree that Izzy is a non-factor though. Even many hardcore fans like myself could care less about him.

I don't think they'll sell out but promoters have obviously decided that they'll sell enough tickets to turn a profit.  That being said, they are going to eventually find the saturation point for this.  A new album won't make that much difference either.  Show me one band from the 80's or 90's where crowds are filling up stadiums to hear shit from the new album.

Show me one other 80s/90s band who was as big as Guns and who has returned to the scene after a 25 year absence.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2020, 05:58:43 PM »

Did ANYONE dig that?

It's a nice song and the way they did it worked ok - but agree.
Changing up the many covers would not be a bad idea

I personally enjoyed the way the previous version of this band handled No Quarter - bring that baby back
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2020, 06:02:24 PM »

Did ANYONE dig that?

I like them doing it, but would rather they would have a studio version of it as a b-side to a single or something.

Would exchange it with a GN'R song in the live set every day of the week.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2020, 06:06:10 PM »

Did ANYONE dig that?

It was cool the first few times. My point is that you dont pay to see GNR play covers (KOHD/LALD the exception) I get that the band enjoy playing them and thats their prerogative .
But if Witchita Lineman is played instead of Patience or Dont Cry, its sad for the fans who grew up loving those songs. And it really sucks the wind out of a live audience, its a ‘wtf’ is this moment.  The Seeker has been played since what? 2011?  Again if its being played over songs like Your Crazy, Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle,  or any unplayed Use Your Illusions songs, again its just sad.
I personally think it just suits Axl’s vocals and is easy for him to sing 🤷‍♂️ He should use his baritone more often. But so are songs like You Aint The First,  Bad Obsession, Dont Damn Me but for some reason they choose to play the same cover for the past 10 years.  Insert the **they like playing it** blah blah, its done get over it. We pay huge money to see this band play their own songs.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2020, 06:32:00 PM »

Okay, but do you think casuals will go see the same band every other year? I think it would be hard to sell out stadiums to casuals who just saw you in 2018.

I think it depends more on when the show is and how much tickets cost, than anything else. To answer your question, yes I do.

I think one show is in the same place as in 2018 (Firenze Rocks).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »

Did ANYONE dig that?

It's a nice song and the way they did it worked ok - but agree.
Changing up the many covers would not be a bad idea

I personally enjoyed the way the previous version of this band handled No Quarter - bring that baby back
YES!
Dizzys No Quarter was epic.
Id Love to see Dizzy have a solo spot like that again followed be Street Of Dreams or Catcher. Like in the ''old days''

btw, i like Wichita too.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »

They are never going to struggle to sell tickets with this line-up.

There is a reason they are booking stadiums and not "up close and personal" <wink> type venues.

I would actually like this with the current line up if they did that type of shows again.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »

Chapter 2 The Spaghetti Incident years!!!  hihi. For fans who love covers already a tour of nothing but cover songs  peace
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:53 PM »

I hope we get a new album but regardless I will be going July 18 at MetLife stadium.  I didn't get to see GNR in 2016 but am looking forward to seeing them in 2020. I guess we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to new music but at least we get to see our favorite band.

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2020, 08:19:13 PM »

So does anyone know if the Nightrain presale is worth the money/hassle these days, or have you found that buying tix when they go on sale to the general public still gets you good seats? (I'm not interested in GA floor tickets, but want to get some decent seats near-ish to the stage.)

Have a citibank credit card?

You'll get access to a batch of tickets at about noon tomorrow for most shows.

I'm not sure about numbers, but the citibank presales USUALLY work for me.  I've used the night train presales in the past to good effect.  I'm just not sure the membership, for presale access alone, is worth "more" than my citibank access.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »

Hopefully I can get a ticket. I may go to the MetLife show no matter what, though. I have no vacation plans this year. I'm also thinking you never know what can happen in life to them or myself. Might as well spend money on something I really enjoy.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »

Excellent point, after what happened to Kobe Bryant..
Life is short enjoy!

Rizzo160
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2020, 10:41:50 PM »

Going to San Francisco show with my son.  New songs, old songs whatever.  I have loved every GNR show I have been to and it is worth it.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2020, 10:55:59 PM »

I'm holding out for a St Louis show.  I think they may pick up Iowa or KC after the Chicago show but there's still a lot of the US they could turn around and come back for.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: