Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 133955 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« on: February 03, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »

TRIP OUT

https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:51:01 AM by jarmo » Logged
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »

Summer stadium tour is happening. Has to mean a new album as they last only did arenas. Also, no opening bands announced yet, though GNR always has the best openers.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »

NITL 2.0. How exciting.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »

Figures I'm on vacation the week they are here.

I saw NITL twice, so now I selfishly don't want a new album.  Somehow, I think I'm safe.

That said, absent the vacay conflict, I would be there.  Even for the same old show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:08 AM »

NITL 2.0. How exciting.  Roll Eyes

Europe and North America is marketed as "The Next Chapter".

In regards to new music it sounds promising imo.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »

Hopefully I can get Pit tix for the Seattle show.  My best bet would be Citi presale.. from past experiences.. hopefully Nightrain has some.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »

Summer stadium tour is happening. Has to mean a new album as they last only did arenas. Also, no opening bands announced yet, though GNR always has the best openers.

In a normal thinking world, yes

But considering they are starting the tour in a month and forgot how to record an album - not holding my breath for anything other another tour
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »

Question: I'm definitely going to the Indy show (only an hour from my house AND the triumphant return of Axl/Slash/Duff together to Indiana). I haven't bought any tix since the early NITL show in Nashville, so I'm not sure what the best option is for good seats. Does the Nightrain presale seem to be offering the best seats at different price levels, or is it better to wait for the general public sale?

I've been waiting on GN'R in Indiana ever since I missed Noblesville in '91!

PS--I once published a short story about a fictionalized version of that '91 concert, if anyone's interested:

http://www.wildviolet.net/2013/10/21/achilles-last-stand/#.Xjg3H1NKjOQ
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:52:04 PM by Mike McKagan » Logged

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »

I don’t know how they can do another stadium tour. Bobby Dodd is huge when you take into account the floor seating they will create. They had dropped to arenas on the last go around. They also announced this way late with people spending money on the Crue/Leppard tour. Maybe they really are putting out a new album.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »

Question: I'm definitely going to the Indy show (only an hour from my house AND Axl's triumphant return to Indiana). I haven't bought any tix since the early NITL show in Nashville, so I'm not sure what the best option is for good seats. Does the Nightrain presale seem to be offering the best seats at different price levels, or is it better to wait for the general public sale?

I've been waiting on GN'R in Indiana ever since I missed Noblesville in '91!

PS--I once published a short story about a fictionalized version of that '91 concert, if anyone's interested:

http://www.wildviolet.net/2013/10/21/achilles-last-stand/#.Xjg3H1NKjOQ

I’m in Tennessee and also looking at that show since it’s a Friday and the Atlanta show is in the middle of the week. I suspect they’ll have a pit in the front and then chairs on the stadium floor like their other shows.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »

Love the band and all that but I am hesitant to shell out hundreds of dollars to hear the same show and same songs. Tix go on sale this week so it's really a leap of faith--you have to buy tix and hope there is new music. But if you buy now there might not be. Quite the dilemma.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:21 AM »

Either a new album or Izzy is back on board other than that they will struggle to sell these stadium gigs.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »

Either a new album or Izzy is back on board other than that they will struggle to sell these stadium gigs.

They will absolutely struggle to sell these dates. A new album announcement would have re-branded things in a real way, not these coy "THE NEXT CHAPTER" "LARGER THAN LIFE" taglines that are essentially just a bunch of hot air that don't mean a thing.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 11:03:18 AM »

Love the band and all that but I am hesitant to shell out hundreds of dollars to hear the same show and same songs. Tix go on sale this week so it's really a leap of faith--you have to buy tix and hope there is new music. But if you buy now there might not be. Quite the dilemma.

There is the challenge crystallized and I suspect many others will debate the same exact thing.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »

Lol ...

The amount of people who won’t go because Izzy is not there totals about 14.

I love reading the complaints about new tour dates...

I’m a New Yorker but I think I’m going to go to Fenway for this ... just sounds so cool to say seeing Guns N’ Roses at Fenway Park.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 11:21:58 AM »

They will absolutely struggle to sell these dates. A new album announcement would have re-branded things in a real way, not these coy "THE NEXT CHAPTER" "LARGER THAN LIFE" taglines that are essentially just a bunch of hot air that don't mean a thing.

Doubtful,the large crowds that go to these stadium shows skew way more to casual fans than diehards on message boards.  They  take bathroom breaks during songs they don’t know and have no idea who Izzy Stradlin is. They don’t care about new music.  

The NITL tour was the third highest grossing tour in history, how are we still talking about Izzy’s drawing power?  Is there even one person on this board who skipped the last tour because Izzy wasn’t there ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:29:54 AM by Bodhi » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »

Hopefully I can get Pit tix for the Seattle show.  My best bet would be Citi presale.. from past experiences.. hopefully Nightrain has some.
I always managed to get pit tickets through nightrain. This is berlin, tallinn 2018 and prague 2020.

Im not too familiar about how american markets work tho.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 11:48:16 AM »

I don't think they'll sell out but promoters have obviously decided that they'll sell enough tickets to turn a profit.  That being said, they are going to eventually find the saturation point for this.  A new album won't make that much difference either.  Show me one band from the 80's or 90's where crowds are filling up stadiums to hear shit from the new album.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »

I'm excited...and truly bummed.

They are in the Northeast (Metlife and Fenway) the week I'm supposed to be in Colorado.  I'm flying out of JFK the day before they play Metlife.

Ah well.....maybe I can convince my wife we need to head down to Philly in early July.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »

I share these sentiments about Izzy's supposed affect on ticket sales.  We heard that same shit about Adler.  We were all at those shows.  How may folks did any of you talk to about Izzy Stradlin or Steven Adler?

Can they sell stadiums out this time around?  Dunno.  But it should not be lost on folks that they are only in major cities.  Philly, Chicago, NY/NJ, Boston.  Lot of folks there.

Also, all bands do internal research.  My guess is the the numbers all but guarantee that they can draw more than arena sized crowds.  Perhaps 100% capacity stadiums, but enough extra seats that they would be leaving money on the table if they stuck to arenas.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: