Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135645 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2020, 10:58:51 AM »

Got my tickets for DC and I'm pumped!  Only my 2nd time seeing GNR and first for SP!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »

The article brings up some valid points.

Since the new tour is only like 30 days away, it is kinda strange that the announcement of the upcoming tour(s) isn't followed up with some kind of "news" or any new "concept" for the upcoming shows.

Sure, there are different views on both label's and GNR's side when it comes to WHEN and HOW to release new material.

Any info out there on how much music/albums GNR is under contract to deliver to the label? 

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »

I'm in once they make their way to MSG - my 10 year old daughter has been promised her first concert and that will be the one.   ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »

Since the new tour is only like 30 days away, it is kinda strange that the announcement of the upcoming tour(s) isn't followed up with some kind of "news" or any new "concept" for the upcoming shows.

Latin American tours are usually different from Europe and/or North America.

Over here in Europe and in North America, you can move equipment on trucks. In other parts of the world it's not always that easy, so you might not bring as much equipment with you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »

Latin American tours are usually different from Europe and/or North America.

Over here in Europe and in North America, you can move equipment on trucks. In other parts of the world it's not always that easy, so you might not bring as much equipment with you.

/jarmo

That affects the songs played?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2020, 04:43:50 PM »

We can go back and forth on what might be played in between legs, but the stage will be the stage.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »

That affects the songs played?

Depends.

Let's say there's a new stage design and new elements that will be used on one leg and not the other, maybe the setlist will reflect that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »

the stage will be the stage.

LOL. In some places the stage could be one of three stages traveling across the continent.  hihi  Wink

Just kidding!

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2020, 06:00:59 PM »

The article brings up some valid points.

Sure, there are different views on both label's and GNR's side when it comes to WHEN and HOW to release new material.

Any info out there on how much music/albums GNR is under contract to deliver to the label? 

Of course it does.

Doesn't mean they are all right. It's just an article but there is some fair thoughts - no one here knows any different - so we wait and see how it plays out.
What can you do?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:45 PM »

We can go back and forth on what might be played in between legs, but the stage will be the stage.

There will be similar stages on each leg of the tour, yes.

I expect the SA tour and the EU/US tour stages are different, just because of logistics.

And there's probably 2 different (at least) stage crews with "stages" running around at any given time, during each leg.  I think during the 2016 stadium tour there might even have been 3.  That's not unusual, given how long it takes to break stuff down and set stuff up, as well as transport it all from place to place.

I get your point, too, but the stage does matter in terms of what they play, and how the show goes. The stage has HUGE influence on effects, choreography, and other aspects of the show...all of which tie in to what they play.  I know we all like envisioning that a concert is a spontaneous, in the moment, "super loose" performance.  I hate to burst bubbles but....I worked in a venue, long ago, where I saw some of the biggest acts in the world set up and tear down huge arena shows.  Shows aren't really like that.  Bits of it might be a bit ad libbed or have "one of a couple options" worked in.  But by and large, they are scripted events with tons of moving parts that are all choreographed to work together in unison to make it APPEAR that all this is spontaneous and organic. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2020, 09:00:42 PM »

Jarmo, where are you going to see GNR on this upcoming tour? I'm going to see GNR at MetLife, my third time seeing them, can't wait.

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2020, 09:04:45 PM »

Jarmo, where are you going to see GNR on this upcoming tour? I'm going to see GNR at MetLife, my third time seeing them, can't wait.

I'm hesitant to answer for him, but...since he's working for them as their photographer (and maybe other job duties we don't know about when on tour), I'd assume he'll be at most (if not every) show.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »

Sounds good, maybe I will see him at MetLife 🏟️... beer

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2020, 08:15:08 PM »

I'm in once they make their way to MSG - my 10 year old daughter has been promised her first concert and that will be the one.   ok

FYI. There seems to be an issue with prices at MSG. When I saw Axl/DC in 2016 and GNR in the fall of 2017, I don't recall having an issue with getting tickets face value at a good price. I was on the TicketMaster website for 1.5 hours today trying to get tickets for my brother and I to see Rage Against the Machine. When my turn came to buy tickets, I saw the cheapest ticket at face value for $256 in the upper levels without fees. I decided to close the window and not buy it. I tried to get tickets last month for Pearl Jam. The cheapest seat was at $400 and I decided against that.

You may  want to take your daughter to the MetLife show since the prices are within reason. I paid $130 total with fees for Section  227A. The past two seasons, I have bought NY Giants tickets in this area. It's a VERY nice view.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »

I'm hesitant to answer for him, but...since he's working for them as their photographer (and maybe other job duties we don't know about when on tour), I'd assume he'll be at most (if not every) show.

@pilferk ... next time you feel hesitant to answer for someone ... DON'T ANSWER FOR THEM!!!  hihi

This is NOT a picture of Jarmo.  It IS a picture of the GNR official photographer (from Kat's instagram page).

P.S. @ pilferk:  I can certainly understand mistaking Jarmo's pics as done by a professional photographer.  ok
Jarmo's pics are AWESOME and it's great and appreciated that he shares them with us!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2020, 09:57:37 PM »

Thanks for the update.  PS it would be nice to meet Jarmo in person at a concert.  Your website is very interesting and informative.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »

Thank you!

Maybe I'll see you in NJ!  Smiley

Oh and the photographing is a hobby which I enjoy..... But as pointed above I'm not the band's official photographer. That's Kat. Smiley

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2020, 07:56:07 AM »

Thank you!

Maybe I'll see you in NJ!  Smiley

Oh and the photographing is a hobby which I enjoy..... But as pointed above I'm not the band's official photographer. That's Kat. Smiley

/jarmo

Did you think at all about doing some prints of them, for those of us on here that wanted them? I'd definitely be keen to have a couple of pictures from shows I've attended....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2020, 08:58:12 AM »

I haven't thought about it. Yet....

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

I haven't thought about it. Yet....

/jarmo

Consider the seed of thought sown! haha!

Personally I think it would be cool- maybe for forum users, if there's an issue with money or stuff could do it on a pat-charity basis, whatever. I don't know the logistics/practicalities of this stuff!

Anyway - great photos!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: