Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135677 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158514265598069&set=a.355783028068

GN'R Fam, some news: the North American tour is being rescheduled out of an abundance of caution. We will share the updated schedule as soon as the dates are finalized & all tickets will be honored accordingly.

If you are a ticket holder and would prefer a refund, please visit livenation.com/refund for your options.

Thank you for your understanding during this time as we look forward to coming back together very soon. #GnFnR
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »

Glad they postponed the tour, just have to see when I get a refund beer

Rizzo160
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:15 PM »

Glad they postponed the tour, just have to see when I get a refund beer

30 day window opens either 60 days from today (if they haven't announced new dates) or when they announce new dates.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2020, 11:27:25 PM »

I will keep my tickets assuming the rescheduled dates come out soon. Not gonna wait 60 days or more. to much money invested
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2020, 01:54:55 PM »

I will keep my tickets assuming the rescheduled dates come out soon. Not gonna wait 60 days or more. to much money invested
If you read the refund rules you don't have a choice.. It says if the date is rescheduled in less than 60 days you have 30 days from then to decide. If it isn't rescheduled in 60 days then the 30 days starts then. Basically we gotta wait until the new date is announced or 60 days pass. Very shitty policy by livenation imo for people who need money NOW.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2020, 08:08:53 PM »

Hopefully they reschedule the tour for next summer beer

Rizzo160
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2020, 12:10:15 AM »

Hopefully they reschedule the tour for next summer beer
things are starting to open up more and more. why not try to do this in the fall? instead of waiting til next year
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:03 AM »

opening up doesn't equal safe for 50k in a stadium. Most states are still going up in new cases.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »

I mean start late August through November. we are starting up local concerts here in mid July. covid isn't what they said it is. the new distraction is racial division and riots since people are waking up to the covid hoopla. I don't want to get political on here but damn
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2020, 03:07:02 AM »

I mean start late August through November. we are starting up local concerts here in mid July. covid isn't what they said it is. the new distraction is racial division and riots since people are waking up to the covid hoopla. I don't want to get political on here but damn

"I don't want to get political on here but damn if anything will stop me from doing it?"

Yeah, the American people are waking up to your "hoopla". A bunch of babies storm the Michigan state house with guns crying "tyranny" over masks but are nowhere to be found when actual state-sanctioned tyranny breaks out. Spare us your excuses.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2020, 04:32:02 AM »

"I don't want to get political on here but damn if anything will stop me from doing it?"

Yeah, the American people are waking up to your "hoopla". A bunch of babies storm the Michigan state house with guns crying "tyranny" over masks but are nowhere to be found when actual state-sanctioned tyranny breaks out. Spare us your excuses.

I guess to some people 106k and counting dead is hoopla. Imagine how much more it would be without all the mitigation we've done.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »

50k people in a stadium is a nightmare scenario when it comes to mitigating the spread of the virus. We'll be damn lucky if we're going to these concerts next summer.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2020, 10:29:32 AM »

I guess to some people 106k and counting dead is hoopla. Imagine how much more it would be without all the mitigation we've done.

Not to down play it but 106k people is .031% of the US population. 54k American's die every month from Heart Disease, that translates to nearly 650k people a year. Should we ban french fries because people aren't smart enough to take care of themselves? We needed to flatten the curve, we did, they need to speed up the re-open. You can't cripple the economy over this. MA for example has had 6300 COVID "related" deaths, of those 90% were over the age of 60.

In GA the # of COVID cases has plateaued since reopening. Yet 26 million people have filled for unemployment because most of the country shut down. 26 million people! 100k dead, 26 million unemployed.

It will be interesting to see if protest crowds larger than concerts or sports events lead to spike's in COVID cases.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2020, 10:46:31 AM »

As far as I know, you don't catch heart disease from people around you.

There's been examples where public gatherings did cause spread of the disease. Football games, other sports events, family gatherings and so on.

No matter how much you want the economy to reopen, most bands won't start touring next month.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2020, 11:15:09 AM »

There's been examples where public gatherings did cause spread of the disease. Football games, other sports events, family gatherings and so on.

No matter how much you want the economy to reopen, most bands won't start touring next month.

/jarmo

I'm well aware that 55,000 people shouldn't be shoulder to shoulder in a Stadium in July. I have no issues with my Boston concert being postponed. My issue is that reality lies somewhere between crashing the economy and business as usual. The US is doing things state by state, in MA there is almost nothing open unless hanging out at Target is your idea of a good time.

In all seriousness though there haven't been many vaccines for similar corona (crown like) viruses. If no safe vaccine is developed do we just fold up shop and give up on life as we knew it? We didn't do this in 2009 for H1N1 where the CDC estimates between 150-500K people died in that first season.

ANYWAY... I went way off topic here. The US Tour was rightly postponed and hopefully we all regroup for an amazing 2021 with the possibility of some new music too. for now lets just sit back and enjoy Axl's twitter.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »

50k people in a stadium is a nightmare scenario when it comes to mitigating the spread of the virus. We'll be damn lucky if we're going to these concerts next summer.

By next summer, given the data I've seen, we will LIKELY have a vaccine (especially for high risk populations) and/or more effective treatments to lower the mortality rate.

Nothing is for sure, but I suspect we'll be OK for a summer tour next year.

AND, if there were an ability to have 50k people in one place this fall/winter, those stadiums would be getting used for football.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2020, 12:58:40 PM »

Not to down play it but 106k people is .031% of the US population. 54k American's die every month from Heart Disease, that translates to nearly 650k people a year. Should we ban french fries because people aren't smart enough to take care of themselves? We needed to flatten the curve, we did, they need to speed up the re-open. You can't cripple the economy over this. MA for example has had 6300 COVID "related" deaths, of those 90% were over the age of 60.

In GA the # of COVID cases has plateaued since reopening. Yet 26 million people have filled for unemployment because most of the country shut down. 26 million people! 100k dead, 26 million unemployed.

It will be interesting to see if protest crowds larger than concerts or sports events lead to spike's in COVID cases.

'

That's like saying "no offense...but".....

You are literally rationalizing death totals (over a 3 month period, not a year) and then playing a game of whataboutism with them.

You ARE downplaying the loss of those 100+k lives, and trying to trivialize them.

You seriously want to be that person, just to try to score political points on a message board topic about the 2020 tour?

No offense , but...Blech.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:06:06 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2020, 01:04:28 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly this.  It's a terrible analogy and "whataboutism" that ignores the actual human toll this virus has taken...even WITH the measures that were taken. Comparing a communicable disease to any other type of malady is irresponsible and ridiculous.  And minimizing the lives of the old and immunocompromised feels pretty icky to me.

We discussed this before in the ACTUAL COVID thread in the Jungle: If the measures worked, everyone who said they were necessary was wrong, because the numbers weren't as bad as initially projected.  If they didn't, everyone who said they were necessary were wrong, because the numbers were just as bad as initially projected.

Might I suggest this conversation get taken to the Jungle, where it might fit better?

Together again,
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2020, 09:11:33 PM »

Motley Crue has pushed their tour back to the summer of 2021.  I hope GNR does the same, by then hopefully there will be a vaccine.  See what happens  beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2020, 03:09:51 AM »

Motley Crue has pushed their tour back to the summer of 2021.  I hope GNR does the same, by then hopefully there will be a vaccine.  See what happens  beer

It was inevitable, i am surprised they waited so long. They were the last big tour to cancel i believe.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: