Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 133971 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »

But you are living in god damn fantasyland if you think people don't download them.  How do you think fans were singing along with new songs on the 2002 and 2006 tours?  Lucky guesses??  In 2006, 'Better' and 'I.R.S' were on the radio for god's sake.  They entered airplay charts!

I'm aware, and I experienced it in 2006. But after that, it was a case of "this really isn't cool".... I understand wanting to hear something, I don't understand taking something that's not yours to share...

I also remember people choosing to listen to whatever they got and once the finished songs were released there were the usual "but I already heard this song" shit going on. Well, guess who made that decision?

I'd rather hear the songs the way they were intended to be heard before any alternative versions...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »

The earlier in the tour (aka mid July) the less optimistic I am.  But starting with the Fenway show (and, honestly, even the DC show to some extent) and going forward?    beer

Summerfest was already postponed until September by the festival themselves.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »

The earlier in the tour (aka mid July) the less optimistic I am.  But starting with the Fenway show (and, honestly, even the DC show to some extent) and going forward?    beer

Summerfest was already postponed until September by the festival themselves.

/jarmo

Yeah, i think they were supposed to start in late june? And then 3 weekends?

Too early. Mid julyish looking better for lifted restrictions.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #383 on: May 03, 2021, 05:06:03 PM »

I also remember people choosing to listen to whatever they got and once the finished songs were released there were the usual "but I already heard this song" shit going on. Well, guess who made that decision?

Well, if there is a pitfall, it's that.  But like you said, that's on me, the downloader.  No one to blame but me on that one.

I will say, in all instances but one, the finished version on the album was the superior version.  For me personally, for whatever reason, the 'Prostitute' leak still sounds better to me.  I don't get that (for lack of a better term) "crunchy sound" underneath the mix on the album.

They also got my money the first day it was released.  I beat them out of nothing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »

Yeah, i think they were supposed to start in late june? And then 3 weekends?

Too early. Mid julyish looking better for lifted restrictions.

Oh, I don't remember when it was stating. But it was supposed to be the start of the North American GN'R tour.

This is all a big puzzle to try to figure out. Different states will reopen at different times. Who knows if there'll be other restrictions, and in that case what they'll be....

They also got my money the first day it was released.  I beat them out of nothing.

Yeah. Most hardcore fans will buy it. But there's also those who heard it somewhere else and decides they're not gonna spend time/money on it. Maybe not so much an issue about buying a physical album these days, but about spending the time to listen to it on a streaming service etc.

You can only premiere something once...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:13:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2021, 06:19:17 PM »

Big hurdle toward herd immunity set to be....hurdled?...by early next week. 12 to 15 year olds will be approved for the Pfizer vax by the FDA.

I know those aren't the concert goers, esp for GnR, but this is all a numbers game.  We'll see what the adoption rate is like.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2021, 06:19:58 PM »

I think you all might be a little surprised on what happens with the mid to late summer leg of the US tour.

We'll see.. Wink

I super duper desperately want to be wrong, believe me.

But the argument for such is not a terribly compelling one.  "Hey, you never know" could also suggest an alien invasion next summer.  Doesn't mean I start building a bunker.

Let me put it this way:

I worked in a venue for awhile in my youth.

I still have connections in that world.

I'm more than optimistic for people being pleasantly surprised.  I'm not 100%, but I'm at about 75%, especially for MetLife and Fenway.  Capacity might be questionable....as in they might not be full full shows so some might have their tickets cancelled.  But....well, lets just leave it at I'm optimistic. Wink

I don't think the Canadian show will happen, though.  

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks or so.  Things could 100% change.  But today, I feel pretty good about those shows.

Speaking about MetLife and NJ, it was announced today that NJ will allow restaurants  and other indoor entities not to have any capacity limits as long as customers are six feet apart. Governor Murphy and Governor Cuomo will be deciding together on further increasing capacity for outdoor venues. I wouldn't be surprised if MetLife goes  with  no capacity limits by the end of this month.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2021, 09:53:00 AM »

Speaking about MetLife and NJ, it was announced today that NJ will allow restaurants  and other indoor entities not to have any capacity limits as long as customers are six feet apart. Governor Murphy and Governor Cuomo will be deciding together on further increasing capacity for outdoor venues. I wouldn't be surprised if MetLife goes  with  no capacity limits by the end of this month.

I live in PA and things seem to be moving fast here too.

But...not so much on the actual city of Philly.  Philly's show got canceled, but that's not my point here.  The suburbs and whatnot seem to moving faster than the big cities.  And the city, of course, is where our stadiums are.  We just cracked allowing 10K in for Phillies games.

Is it the same in NJ?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »

But...not so much on the actual city of Philly.  Philly's show got canceled, but that's not my point here.  The suburbs and whatnot seem to moving faster than the big cities.  And the city, of course, is where our stadiums are.  We just cracked allowing 10K in for Phillies games.

Is it the same in NJ?

10K fans is all they should ever let in for a Philly's game, you rude bastards!!!!!  rofl rofl
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2021, 12:14:37 PM »

Is it the same in NJ?

For NJ, MetLife is our  largest stadium. Giants co-owner, Mara, has said that he's expecting full attendance by September. He said this last month.  In regards to lagging, it's really been Governor Murphy's call on things being open. There hasn't been much leeway for cities and suburbs to make the decision.  He worked with Governor Cuomo in NY to shutdown and reopen. I have to say they have been an effective team. We got hit hard here and they did a good job with managing it. The only thing is that both made mistakes with the nursing home.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »

On a side note, Megadeth announced an US & Canadian tour starting in late August.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:19:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »

Where is the tour? beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:08 AM »

Where is the tour? beer

That Megadeth tour starts in USA and ends in Canada.

Obviously some are thinking touring will return this summer. Fingers crossed.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #393 on: May 06, 2021, 07:49:25 AM »

Candlebox just announced a tour too for this summer. Yankees and mets are going to be very close to full capacity on the 19th. They will have vaccinated and unvaccinated sections. Vaccinated full capacity with masks. Unvaccinated will have to be 6 feet apart and masked. So those will be capped at 33%. Unvaccinated kids can sit in vaccinated sections with their parents. I think there will be way more vaccinated then unvaccinated people at the games. I would be shocked if the stadiums aren't close to capacity. Both will be offering the J&J shot at the stadium for unvaccinated in attendance. If you get the vaccine you get a free ticket.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »

The City of Boston (Mayor) has announced that they will trail the States lifting of restrictions on August 1st by 3 weeks until August 22nd, which should impact the Fenway Park Show... not sure what percentage it will be at that point, but it will not be 100%.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »

Surprised Guns has not made a decision about the USA tour yet.  I know the Yankees are allowing 33 percent to their games starting soon. I wonder what the percentage would have to be for  Guns to tour? beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »

Surprised Guns has not made a decision about the USA tour yet.  I know the Yankees are allowing 33 percent to their games starting soon. I wonder what the percentage would have to be for  Guns to tour? beer

It's more then 33%. 33% in unvaccinated sections. Full capacity in vaccinated. So there's going to be a lot of people.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2021, 07:40:11 AM »

Candlebox just announced a tour too for this summer. Yankees and mets are going to be very close to full capacity on the 19th. They will have vaccinated and unvaccinated sections. Vaccinated full capacity with masks. Unvaccinated will have to be 6 feet apart and masked. So those will be capped at 33%. Unvaccinated kids can sit in vaccinated sections with their parents. I think there will be way more vaccinated then unvaccinated people at the games. I would be shocked if the stadiums aren't close to capacity. Both will be offering the J&J shot at the stadium for unvaccinated in attendance. If you get the vaccine you get a free ticket.
Wow. Thats an amazing system. i love it!

Here in finland, i had tickets for a club show (max 700 people) for May 30th. They just rescheduled it for January 2022 Cry All major festivals are cancelled. All sporting events are without spectators.  Eventhought 41% of adults are already vaccinated and we are at about 200 covid cases per day (population 5,5 million)

Covid wise we see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for some reason they are not even talking about opening events yet.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2021, 08:05:53 AM »

Wow. Thats an amazing system. i love it!

Here in finland, i had tickets for a club show (max 700 people) for May 30th. They just rescheduled it for January 2022 Cry All major festivals are cancelled. All sporting events are without spectators.  Eventhought 41% of adults are already vaccinated and we are at about 200 covid cases per day (population 5,5 million)

Covid wise we see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for some reason they are not even talking about opening events yet.

Yep it is creative and gets the most capacity you can without going full capacity. Plus it is outside so lesser chance of transmission. Offering free tickets for those who get the vaccine is a great idea. We are a little ahead of you. Of those eligible we have almost 42% fully vaccinated and 45% with at least one shot. Over 70% of seniors fully vaccinated.  Our most populous state California is fully opening June 15th. New York City July 1st.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2021, 09:21:45 PM »

Yankee stadium is only open 33 percent, not fully opened. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: