Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 133966 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #560 on: July 27, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »

Facebook changed how you find live streams or I've forgotten how to do it.  Anybody know how?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #561 on: July 27, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »

The CDC has revised their guidance in light of increasing case counts. I think that the way things are headed, either proof of vaccination will be required for entry in some areas, or some shows will be outright postponed or canceled. Is anyone else feeling less comfortable with going to a show, indoors at least, given the situation with the virus?

Ali
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #562 on: July 27, 2021, 05:50:35 PM »

The CDC has revised their guidance in light of increasing case counts. I think that the way things are headed, either proof of vaccination will be required for entry in some areas, or some shows will be outright postponed or canceled. Is anyone else feeling less comfortable with going to a show, indoors at least, given the situation with the virus?

Ali

Unfortunately...I think you're correct. Angry

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #563 on: July 27, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »

I think instead of postponing shows they will have it where you have to show proof of vaccination. beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #564 on: July 28, 2021, 12:04:11 AM »

I think instead of postponing shows they will have it where you have to show proof of vaccination. beer

Doesn't mean you won't get it or can't be a carrier.  It's suppose to mean you won't get it as bad and end up in the hospital if you do get it.  I think the most you will see is masks being required for everybody.

Wonder what steps the band is taking to protect themselves?  If they have requirements for employees, staying back from the front of the stage, eliminating that walk out section out front, testing people, having back up players incase somebody tests positive, stuff like that.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #565 on: July 28, 2021, 12:30:02 AM »

The arena they're playing here in Dallas only requires non vaccinated people to wear masks. That could change in light of the updates guidelines. I'd like to see masks required and either vaccination or negative test required by the promoter or band.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #566 on: July 28, 2021, 01:48:08 AM »

Doesn't mean you won't get it or can't be a carrier.  It's suppose to mean you won't get it as bad and end up in the hospital if you do get it.  I think the most you will see is masks being required for everybody.

Edit: Turns out I am wrong in regard to the Delta variant.

As I understand it, even if you catch it despite being vaccinated, there is not enough of the virus in your lungs to infect somebody else.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:26:47 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #567 on: July 28, 2021, 07:41:32 AM »

Doesn't mean you won't get it or can't be a carrier.  It's suppose to mean you won't get it as bad and end up in the hospital if you do get it.  I think the most you will see is masks being required for everybody.

As I understand it, even if you catch it despite being vaccinated, there is not enough of the virus in your lungs to infect somebody else.

Right, the viral load in your nasal pharynx is significantly reduced.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #568 on: July 28, 2021, 09:00:26 AM »

Then why are they requiring vaccinated people to mask up?  It's all so confusing with everybody making up their own rules.  I still have a University requiring to wipe surfaces down.  Didn't think that was happening any where.  Personally, I stay away from big event areas in the city area because of the violence going on along the way to get there.  Has nothing to do with covid.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #569 on: July 28, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »

Even before the surge in Delta variant infections in the US, I had a feeling that going to a mass event while a pandemic is still going on is not the best of ideas, even though I am vaccinated. For that reason, I decided to skip the GNR show when they come to Dallas in September, although that decision pains me. But now with the surge accelerating and cities going back to mask mandates and talk of vaccine mandates (which I doubt cities can implement), I feel prescient.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2021, 06:13:02 PM »

The way I see it is that I'm already taking a chance on getting COVID by commuting into NYC for work. I take NJ Transit bus. Every day, I see people enter the bus with masks on. When they sit, the mask comes off or  people lower it to their chins. At the Port Authority, I'm. starting to see people not wearing masks at all. For both NJ Transit bus and Port Authority, it is  required.

I'm fully vaccinated along with my childhood friend. For the MetLife show, we've decided to put the masks on when we enter MetLife. the numbers of cases has risen by a lot in NJ. 
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »

Then why are they requiring vaccinated people to mask up?  It's all so confusing with everybody making up their own rules.  I still have a University requiring to wipe surfaces down.  Didn't think that was happening any where.  Personally, I stay away from big event areas in the city area because of the violence going on along the way to get there.  Has nothing to do with covid.

If you're referring to mask mandates being reinstated, that's because of the unvaccinated, who have not followed the honor system most of the country is going by at the moment. If you can't trust the unvaccinated to mask up, then you just have to make it mandatory.

If you're avoiding cities because of "violence" you might need to reassess your media diet.

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2021, 03:27:22 PM »

Bad obsession
Brownstone
Easy
New song
Crazy
Used to love here
Welcome to the jungle
You could be mine
New song
Guitar solo  sweet child
You ain’t the first
Patience
November rain
Chinese democracy

Encore
Civil war
Night train
Estranged
Don’t cry/ Knocking  Alt
Out to get me /Nice boys/Mama kin. Alt
Paradise city
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:56:29 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »

For a couple of reasons:

1) There is no way to tell who is and who is not vaccinated.  And there are a lot of "I identify as vaccinated" people out there who aren't, but aren't masking up.  This removes anyone's requirement to validate or verify or guess at someone's vaccination status.  Everyone wears masks or they get put out the door.

2) Vaccinated people can be asymptomatic and spread the virus.  Theres a new study out that may indicate that infected asymptomatic vaccinated people shed the virus at the same levels unvaccinated people do.  And those vaccinated people have no idea they are sick, so.....there you go.  The science is still being reviewed, so it may turn out to be incorrect, but at this point you have to be cautious.

3) Because if we don't get this shit under control, the unvaccinated will continue to be breading grounds for variants, and we'll go round and round at this forever.  It needs to be nipped in the bud, and it's pretty obvious that masks help restrict spread.  So....we go back to it until we can reverse course.

There are some very interesting stats that are about to come out.  I'll give you a little preview:

You are 17 times more likely to get infected with Covid if you are unvaccinated.  In terms of numbers, out of 100 infections, only about 6 are unvaccinated (actually, its about 5.53...I'm rounding for easy math).

You are just about 49 times more likely to be hospitalized, if you are infected, if you are unvaccinated.  In terms of numbers, that means out of 100 hospitalizations, 2 are vaccinated (and, actually, it's 1.6...I'm rounding for easy math).

Mortality for vaccinated people is almost 0 percent.  Let me reemphasize that: Out of 100 deaths, about .15 of them are vaccinated.  Translated, that means only about 1 in 700 COVID mortalities are vaccinated...and that number is trending down.  There are about a dozen states where, in July, there was NOT ONE SINGLE VACCINATED MORTALITY. 

Think about that for a second.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2021, 07:42:49 PM »

Lalopozza is begining in Chicago with over 100,000 people going.  GNR concerts are on average 40,000 so I think they will go off without any restrictions. beer

Rizzo160
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2021, 12:58:34 AM »

For a couple of reasons:

1) There is no way to tell who is and who is not vaccinated.  And there are a lot of "I identify as vaccinated" people out there who aren't, but aren't masking up.  This removes anyone's requirement to validate or verify or guess at someone's vaccination status.  Everyone wears masks or they get put out the door.

2) Vaccinated people can be asymptomatic and spread the virus.  Theres a new study out that may indicate that infected asymptomatic vaccinated people shed the virus at the same levels unvaccinated people do.  And those vaccinated people have no idea they are sick, so.....there you go.  The science is still being reviewed, so it may turn out to be incorrect, but at this point you have to be cautious.

3) Because if we don't get this shit under control, the unvaccinated will continue to be breading grounds for variants, and we'll go round and round at this forever.  It needs to be nipped in the bud, and it's pretty obvious that masks help restrict spread.  So....we go back to it until we can reverse course.

There are some very interesting stats that are about to come out.  I'll give you a little preview:

You are 17 times more likely to get infected with Covid if you are unvaccinated.  In terms of numbers, out of 100 infections, only about 6 are unvaccinated (actually, its about 5.53...I'm rounding for easy math).

You are just about 49 times more likely to be hospitalized, if you are infected, if you are unvaccinated.  In terms of numbers, that means out of 100 hospitalizations, 2 are vaccinated (and, actually, it's 1.6...I'm rounding for easy math).

Mortality for vaccinated people is almost 0 percent.  Let me reemphasize that: Out of 100 deaths, about .15 of them are vaccinated.  Translated, that means only about 1 in 700 COVID mortalities are vaccinated...and that number is trending down.  There are about a dozen states where, in July, there was NOT ONE SINGLE VACCINATED MORTALITY. 

Think about that for a second.

This is exactly why i'll be masking up at the show September 1st. Delta + lagging vaccine rates are not a good combo. Especially in states with covidiot governors like mine who have banned mask mandates. Because of these idiots we'll be playing cat and mouse with covid for some time. Vaccine rates are rising in states and areas with the highest spread but i'm not sure if it will rise fast enough to slow down the current wave. I feel so bad for kids in states where masks are banned. They are being sacrificed for political points to own the libs.
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »

I feel so bad for kids in states where masks are banned. They are being sacrificed for political points to own the libs.

Haha, masks aren’t banned in any states!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2021, 10:24:50 PM »

Yeah, I retract my earlier comment because (maybe the study you're referring to) it turns out that the new Delta variant is very much transmissible by vaccinated people.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »

Alright guys and gals......

This is the day. Can't wait for updates

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
cineater
Legend

« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2021, 11:21:37 AM »

Alright guys and gals......

This is the day. Can't wait for updates

Hoping Gypsy has her game face on.  Need me some GNR!  It's been so long.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: