Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 US Summer Tour (was: 2021 North America Stadium Tour)  (Read 135703 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #620 on: August 17, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »

Naw the vaccine cards are a joke and you fill them out yourself. If I was underage and tried to buy beer with something a cheap looking they’d call the police. You can make these things in any computer.  And yes, I did get the shots.

And if you get caught doing it....it's a 5k fine for forging a federal seal (the CDC logo).

I know, I know...but I'm just saying.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #621 on: August 17, 2021, 12:24:06 PM »

Naw the vaccine cards are a joke and you fill them out yourself. If I was underage and tried to buy beer with something a cheap looking they’d call the police. You can make these things in any computer.  And yes, I did get the shots.

And if you get caught doing it....it's a 5k fine for forging a federal seal (the CDC logo).

I’m not encouraging it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #622 on: August 17, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »

I’m not encouraging it.

I know, but I figure if we're going to talk about it....we should lay out the potential consequences, too!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #623 on: August 17, 2021, 05:16:26 PM »

To anyone else from the board planning on going to the Dallas show. The venue is now requiring masks at all times regardless of your vaccination status, unless you are at your seat actively eating or drinking. So bring a mask!
No offense to anyone going to this show, but given the rampant spread in Texas, I question how prudent it is to have this show, even with masks and vaccine mandates. I lived in Texas for 5 years, and I have many friends there. It brings me no pleasure to say that. I just would hate it if a GN'R show made a bad situation worse.

Ali
I get your point but it obviously isn't going to be cancelled. So at least they're trying to make it as safe as possible. Texas is doing better then most southern states as far as vaccines though, especially lately. We will be close to 50% if not over by the end of the month. We're currently 45.2% fully vaccinated and over 54% with one shot. Florida is the real disaster area. 25k new cases yesterday. They account for 18% of all new cases. That is staggering.
I don't realistically expect cancelation. I just would hate to see my favorite band associated with any sort of spreading event. Respectfully, while Texas is better than some Southern states, that is not great overall. My county has 80% of everyone 12 and older vaccinated. I hope that you and all my friends in Texas stay safe. I just hope that the hospitals there can endure the surge.

Ali
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #624 on: August 17, 2021, 06:19:56 PM »

I’m not encouraging it.

I know, but I figure if we're going to talk about it....we should lay out the potential consequences, too!

I gotcha. Although I think unless you’re trying to get on an airplane or into a federal building no one is gonna prosecute. They really should have been entering these into a system that you can download later because some places want the actual card and if you lose it then you’re screwed.
Jsz
Opening Act

« Reply #625 on: August 17, 2021, 06:21:48 PM »

LA just announced a mask mandate for outdoor events including concerts...

https://www.foxla.com/news/los-angeles-county-mandates-masks-outdoors-for-mega-events

It starts Thursday @ 11:59pm.... ~ 1 hour after Guns should be going off stage!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2021, 07:52:16 PM »

To anyone else from the board planning on going to the Dallas show. The venue is now requiring masks at all times regardless of your vaccination status, unless you are at your seat actively eating or drinking. So bring a mask!
No offense to anyone going to this show, but given the rampant spread in Texas, I question how prudent it is to have this show, even with masks and vaccine mandates. I lived in Texas for 5 years, and I have many friends there. It brings me no pleasure to say that. I just would hate it if a GN'R show made a bad situation worse.

Ali
I get your point but it obviously isn't going to be cancelled. So at least they're trying to make it as safe as possible. Texas is doing better then most southern states as far as vaccines though, especially lately. We will be close to 50% if not over by the end of the month. We're currently 45.2% fully vaccinated and over 54% with one shot. Florida is the real disaster area. 25k new cases yesterday. They account for 18% of all new cases. That is staggering.
I don't realistically expect cancelation. I just would hate to see my favorite band associated with any sort of spreading event. Respectfully, while Texas is better than some Southern states, that is not great overall. My county has 80% of everyone 12 and older vaccinated. I hope that you and all my friends in Texas stay safe. I just hope that the hospitals there can endure the surge.
Ali
We just need to up the vaccination rate. Is our way out of this. It's been increasing quite a bit lately but not as fast as I'd like. At least it's going up faster then it was. On a side note our governor got covid today.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #627 on: August 18, 2021, 11:29:16 AM »

Holy shit, it's 5 grand???

Well, guess you have to really bring down the hammer.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #628 on: August 18, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »

Garth Brooks is canceling his stadium tour...could Guns be next? beer

Rizzo160
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #629 on: August 18, 2021, 07:01:01 PM »

After tomorrow the next show on a Thursday night where they could announce a midnight Friday release is September 16th in Chicago... the day before the uyi 30th anniversary.  If it isn't tomorrow night that they play hardschool then it is the 16th of september with a new album dropping that night

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
Ali
Legend

« Reply #630 on: August 18, 2021, 09:08:04 PM »

Yes. It is possible.

Ali
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #631 on: August 18, 2021, 09:56:48 PM »

Yes. It is possible.

Ali

At the moment i would still be surprised if they do.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #632 on: August 19, 2021, 12:04:39 AM »

Yes. It is possible.

Ali

At the moment i would still be surprised if they do.
I would be surprised too if all dates were canceled. But, if a major act like Garth Brooks does it, it is possible that some dates could be.

Ali
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #633 on: August 19, 2021, 12:13:15 AM »

the vaccine rate is high enough. People can either trust or not trust in things, it is on them. Let's do this!!!!! Gnr tour 2021! I patiently await Columbus in September!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #634 on: August 19, 2021, 12:17:36 AM »

the vaccine rate is high enough. People can either trust or not trust in things, it is on them. Let's do this!!!!! Gnr tour 2021! I patiently await Columbus in September!
I wish that were true in all states. In the south it is sill pretty low in a number of states/
cineater
Legend

« Reply #635 on: August 19, 2021, 12:48:33 AM »

I wish that were true in all states. In the south it is sill pretty low in a number of states/

Side note, the flu rate went way down when we were all home last year.  Don't forget that vaccine if you're running around in a crowd without a mask.  Keep your cooties to yourself.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #636 on: August 19, 2021, 01:36:57 AM »

Side note, the flu rate went way down when we were all home last year.  Don't forget that vaccine if you're running around in a crowd without a mask.  Keep your cooties to yourself.  hihi
You couldn't pay me to go maskless in a crowd right now.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #637 on: August 19, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »

I got my two vaccination shots at my local Safeway, a couple of weeks ago they sent me a QR code, that I can add to my Apple Wallet showing proof of Vaccination.  I thought that was a good idea... You don't have to take that card around everywhere you go.  Hopefully the tour continues, I know NIN just cancelled their dates for the rest of the year.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

« Reply #638 on: August 19, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »

I got my two vaccination shots at my local Safeway, a couple of weeks ago they sent me a QR code, that I can add to my Apple Wallet showing proof of Vaccination.  I thought that was a good idea... You don't have to take that card around everywhere you go.  Hopefully the tour continues, I know NIN just cancelled their dates for the rest of the year.
I have the same QR code. It is easy to implement.

I hope that I get to see them. But, as you said, NIN has also canceled their dates. The more and more this happens, the more pressure there will be on GN'R to do the same. There's a PR issue at play.

Ali
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #639 on: August 19, 2021, 03:37:25 PM »

I have the same QR code. It is easy to implement.

I hope that I get to see them. But, as you said, NIN has also canceled their dates. The more and more this happens, the more pressure there will be on GN'R to do the same. There's a PR issue at play.

Ali

Well technically they canceled two shows in Ohio and a handful of appearances at some festivals, which - as of now - are still happening.

You are correct. There is a PR issue at play but it works for both sides. Some want the shows canceled and others do not.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: