Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RESCHEDULED TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RESCHEDULED TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED  (Read 27133 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 07:35:34 PM »

Regardless of the "new-strain" we HAVE to get back to normalcy by May 1st or this is apparently NOT about the virus itself.

The Vax is here......we all know the risks. Stay home if you still want to come summer 2021 but we should and frankly have to get back to normal or this earth will be completely different and NOT for the better.

15 days to slow the spread was 9 months ago and the FLU has basically disappeared.

I am NOT a covid hoaxer at all, just stating what we have all be told by politicians and "experts".

Hope to see you at a show THIS SUMMER.

peace

I like how you think you can tell the virus and the medical community when we "HAVE to" get back to normal.

I can tell a freight train it HAS TO stop on a dime while standing in front of it, but that won't stop me from being emulsified. The only negative effects of our half-assed lockdown have been a completely avoidable result of the government failing to act. There's no reason we couldn't stay this way forever if there was adequate support. Lots of businesses will be sticking with work-at-home because it actually works better. Wearing a mask when you go out won't "radically change the entire Earth!!!" and neither will abstaining from music festivals or dine-in restaurants.

Calling it "the flu" and saying it's "basically disappeared" when we are at the highest peak in cases ever (in the US anyway), says everything about you. Two days ago we just hit nearly 300,000 new cases in ONE DAY.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2021, 07:48:53 PM »

Regardless of the "new-strain" we HAVE to get back to normalcy by May 1st or this is apparently NOT about the virus itself.

The Vax is here......we all know the risks. Stay home if you still want to come summer 2021 but we should and frankly have to get back to normal or this earth will be completely different and NOT for the better.

15 days to slow the spread was 9 months ago and the FLU has basically disappeared.

I am NOT a covid hoaxer at all, just stating what we have all be told by politicians and "experts".

peace

This being a GNR board and all.  I've seen that same kind of logic used to predict when the next GNR album will be out.   hihi  Still waiting.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2021, 06:25:04 AM »

The US dates have been removed from the GN'R site.

Are they officially off Jarmo?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2021, 06:51:00 AM »

The US dates have been removed from the GN'R site.

Are they officially off Jarmo?

Not that I know.

Still appear on ticketmaster.com.

Edited to add: Dates are back.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:19:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2021, 01:22:29 PM »

peace

No.

Pretty much everything you wrote is just "no".  I could sit here and give you an informed reason why that's true, but it would fall on deaf ears, so I won't bother to direct the rest of my post to  you.  It's just not worth it.  So feel free to skip the rest and move on.

For everyone else reading this:

It is 100% about the virus.  Always has been. Always will be. Anyone telling you different is lying to you.  I work with the folks working on this vaccine. I work with the folks (state and local) who are and will be distributing this vaccine. I work with the folks who will be administering this vaccine.  They are not doing this for political reasons.  They were working 18 hour+ days, 7 days a week, to try to get this vaccine out.  They ARE working 18 hour+ days, 7 days a week, to get this vaccine manufactured.  They ARE working 18+ hour days, 7 days a week, to get this vaccine out and into arms.  They are not doing this because they support Team Red or Team Blue.  They are doing it so they can safely and efficiently get you medicine to reduce your chances of being seriously harmed or killed by this virus.

That being said:

Vaccination is going much slower than was planned. A big part of that is logistics and storage.  Some of it is flat out having enough resources to get shots into arms.  In some places (*cough* Florida *cough*) it is a battling a completely insane distribution system that makes no sense, puts those seeking vaccines at higher risk, and is a complete and total failing at the state government level.  Honestly, there needs to be more money and more federal "help" to prop up the distribution system...which should have been in place going into December.  And people were assured it WAS in place.....even though it wasn't.

Unless things change....and I hope they do...we are looking at late summer to get the majority of people innoculated.  I'm HOPING that with the new administration, things will speed up. The fed will step in and provide logistic assistance and distribution guidance (not just who, but how states should distribute).  Right now, it's the wild wild west.  And for every state like CT, which seems to have it's shit together, you have 3 states in chaos. That has to get fixed.

In short, for predictive purposes, we can only go by the numbers we have right now. And it ain't good.  The fed estimated 20 million vaccinations by Jan 1.  We were at under 5 million.  And we're not appreciably speeding up. So, May 1st is an optimistic, arbitrary, pipe dream. I'd say Sept 1st is a more realistic date for a majority.   That's not to say we won't see "enough" vaccinations to start the turn back to normalacy....this isn't going to be like flipping a switch.  But an actual end to this? We need to set our expectations to late Summer/early fall, right now, and hope for better.

Setting artificial timelines to "be done with the virus" is just unrealistic.   Pandemics and viruses don't adhere to our schedules.  They don't care if we get tired of them.  They don't care if we believe in them, or their severity.  They infect, and in some cases kill us, regardless of how we feel about them. We will be done with this when we have 75% or so of the population vaccinated.

Flu is down.  It has not disappeared.  We had a huge spike in positive flu tests (and negative covid tests) this past week.  The flu is here, but...surprise surprise...many of the precautions we're taking to prevent covid....they also work on the flu.  And any insinuation that flu positives are simply being denoted as covid positives is 100% false.  

So here's what you do to make things better: Stay home when you can, wear masks when you're out in public and can't reliably maintain a 6 to 8 foot distance, wash your hands (or use sanitizer if you can't).  There is a light at the end of the tunnel....we're just not exactly sure how long the tunnel is, right now, or if we can pick up a bit of speed and get to the end quicker.

We will get back to normalcy, we will see shows, we will hug our "external", at risk, loved ones again.  I'm just not sure "soon" is the word, yet. Wink
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:24:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2021, 11:12:16 PM »

And for every state like CT, which seems to have it's shit together, you have 3 states in chaos. That has to get fixed.

God, imagine if we had Stefanowksi running the show right now. "Well, we abolished the income tax so you're all on your own because the state is bankrupt!"

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 02:20:59 PM »

So I was checking out New Zealand for my daughter's honeymoon trip in October/November.  Look at these travel restrictions:  https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions#travel-eligibility  I know that's without the vaccine consideration but that's a lot of caution.  Looks like it's going to be a long time before anybody is getting in there for travel.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 08:36:25 AM »

peace

No.

Pretty much everything you wrote is just "no".  I could sit here and give you an informed reason why that's true, but it would fall on deaf ears, so I won't bother to direct the rest of my post to  you.  It's just not worth it.  So feel free to skip the rest and move on.

It is 100% about the virus.  Always has been. Always will be. Anyone telling you different is lying to you.  I work with the folks working on this vaccine. I work with the folks (state and local) who are and will be distributing this vaccine. I work with the folks who will be administering this vaccine.  They are not doing this for political reasons.  They were working 18 hour+ days, 7 days a week, to try to get this vaccine out.  They ARE working 18 hour+ days, 7 days a week, to get this vaccine manufactured.  They ARE working 18+ hour days, 7 days a week, to get this vaccine out and into arms.  They are not doing this because they support Team Red or Team Blue.  They are doing it so they can safely and efficiently get you medicine to reduce your chances of being seriously harmed or killed by this virus.

That being said:

Vaccination is going much slower than was planned. A big part of that is logistics and storage.  Some of it is flat out having enough resources to get shots into arms.  In some places (*cough* Florida *cough*) it is a battling a completely insane distribution system that makes no sense, puts those seeking vaccines at higher risk, and is a complete and total failing at the state government level.  Honestly, there needs to be more money and more federal "help" to prop up the distribution system...which should have been in place going into December.  And people were assured it WAS in place.....even though it wasn't.

Unless things change....and I hope they do...we are looking at late summer to get the majority of people innoculated.  I'm HOPING that with the new administration, things will speed up. The fed will step in and provide logistic assistance and distribution guidance (not just who, but how states should distribute).  Right now, it's the wild wild west.  And for every state like CT, which seems to have it's shit together, you have 3 states in chaos. That has to get fixed.

In short, for predictive purposes, we can only go by the numbers we have right now. And it ain't good.  The fed estimated 20 million vaccinations by Jan 1.  We were at under 5 million.  And we're not appreciably speeding up. So, May 1st is an optimistic, arbitrary, pipe dream. I'd say Sept 1st is a more realistic date for a majority.   That's not to say we won't see "enough" vaccinations to start the turn back to normalacy....this isn't going to be like flipping a switch.  But an actual end to this? We need to set our expectations to late Summer/early fall, right now, and hope for better.

Setting artificial timelines to "be done with the virus" is just unrealistic.   Pandemics and viruses don't adhere to our schedules.  They don't care if we get tired of them.  They don't care if we believe in them, or their severity.  They infect, and in some cases kill us, regardless of how we feel about them. We will be done with this when we have 75% or so of the population vaccinated.

Flu is down.  It has not disappeared.  We had a huge spike in positive flu tests (and negative covid tests) this past week.  The flu is here, but...surprise surprise...many of the precautions we're taking to prevent covid....they also work on the flu.  And any insinuation that flu positives are simply being denoted as covid positives is 100% false.  

So here's what you do to make things better: Stay home when you can, wear masks when you're out in public and can't reliably maintain a 6 to 8 foot distance, wash your hands (or use sanitizer if you can't).  There is a light at the end of the tunnel....we're just not exactly sure how long the tunnel is, right now, or if we can pick up a bit of speed and get to the end quicker.

We will get back to normalcy, we will see shows, we will hug our "external", at risk, loved ones again.  I'm just not sure "soon" is the word, yet. Wink

As someone in local government and working with health departments I agree with everything you said except ... I think you’re optimistic about late summer/early fall. I think as far as big concerts go, we can cancel 2021. Movie theaters will probably be back up and running. Anyway, good post.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 09:23:52 AM »

As someone in local government and working with health departments I agree with everything you said except ... I think you’re optimistic about late summer/early fall. I think as far as big concerts go, we can cancel 2021. Movie theaters will probably be back up and running. Anyway, good post.

I should have been more clear.

I think shows are 50/50, at best.  Largely because they require a long lead time for them to schedule, and you have to be 100% (or nearly so) that you can have that show before you schedule it. 

But I think we will have a fairly large majority of those that want to be vaccinated, vaccinated, by September.  I'm hearing a fair bit about what the new administration is going to do to speed things up, and I think we'll be able to hit close to a million jabs a day, coming up pretty quickly. 

We'll see.  We will know by late February how things are going, and that will give us a better idea of where we'll be, and when.

I have travel scheduled for early October.  I'm pretty confident we'll be able to take that trip without really worrying about COVID.

Together again,
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2021, 12:19:22 PM »

I think shows are 50/50, at best.  Largely because they require a long lead time for them to schedule, and you have to be 100% (or nearly so) that you can have that show before you schedule it. 

But I think we will have a fairly large majority of those that want to be vaccinated, vaccinated, by September.  I'm hearing a fair bit about what the new administration is going to do to speed things up, and I think we'll be able to hit close to a million jabs a day, coming up pretty quickly. 

We'll see.  We will know by late February how things are going, and that will give us a better idea of where we'll be, and when.

I have travel scheduled for early October.  I'm pretty confident we'll be able to take that trip without really worrying about COVID.

I wish the people who do the Chick-fil-A drive thru lines were over the vaccine rollout. Haha
cineater
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

I wish the people who do the Chick-fil-A drive thru lines were over the vaccine rollout. Haha

I wish they would turn it over to Amazon.  Cheesy  They are still pushing the summer Olympics in Japan.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 12:41:54 PM »

OK, so....stick a pin in this, come back in about 6 weeks or so, and take a bow.

I mean, not the Chick-fil-A part, but........ Wink

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 12:48:02 PM »

I wish they would turn it over to Amazon.  Cheesy  They are still pushing the summer Olympics in Japan.

Legit, Biden is considering asking Bezos to let the US government use amazon warehouse space for cold storage housing. They would become hubs for the mass distribution process.

Amazon has already said they're ready to do so, but I don't think any states have taken them up on that offer. There's a few articles out there about this.

This thread is full of borderline clairvoyance today.

I'm not sure if all this stuff will actually happen, but it's some of the logistical things being proposed, along with invoking the Defense Production Act.

In about 9 days, there's going to be a LOT of vaccine information coming, I think.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »

I wish they would turn it over to Amazon.  Cheesy  They are still pushing the summer Olympics in Japan.

Legit, Biden is considering asking Bezos to let the US government use amazon warehouse space for cold storage housing. They would become hubs for the mass distribution process.

Amazon has already said they're ready to do so, but I don't think any states have taken them up on that offer. There's a few articles out there about this.

I'm not sure if all this stuff will actually happen, but it's some of the logistical things being proposed, along with invoking the Defense Production Act.

In about 9 days, there's going to be a LOT of vaccine information coming, I think.

I'm just going with I'm staying the fuck away from everybody, not planning anything and riding this one.  Cheesy  Looking for me, I'm at home on the computer on another fucking zoom meeting.  Fortunately staying away from people is something I like.  You read how I feel about zoom meetings.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2021, 08:02:51 PM »

I'm just going with I'm staying the fuck away from everybody, not planning anything and riding this one.  Cheesy  Looking for me, I'm at home on the computer on another fucking zoom meeting.  Fortunately staying away from people is something I like.  You read how I feel about zoom meetings.  hihi

Haha same here, i don't do large crowds unless it is a ballgame or concert. Otherwise i like being left alone.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2021, 02:57:03 PM »

Haha same here, i don't do large crowds unless it is a ballgame or concert. Otherwise i like being left alone.

I do miss GNR though.  For something that isn't among the most important things in your life, the band does make it fun.  Cheesy

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 06:41:47 PM »

peace

No.

That being said:

Great post!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2021, 05:55:12 AM »

Without being an expert, it's seems like it's a bit of a mystery how the summer will be.

This thing will be around for quite some time, we just need to learn how to live with it. But I really hope this doesn't mean we can't have certain things, like live tours, return.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2021, 06:27:27 AM »

Vaccinations will be finished in fall 2021 if all goes well here at least.
I think summer will be too early for Europe...and things in the USA are even worse.

Hate to say it but I think we will have to wait another year.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2021, 06:30:28 PM »

It has been a slow go for the vaccine in the united States.  I think we won't get touring to at least the fall.  Hopefully the vaccine rollout goes faster in the states. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: