Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151340 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »

STIMULUS JUST PASSED BY HOUSE - HEADING TO TRUMP'S DESK NOW - JUST AN FYI

They "overruled" the parliamentary objection. Smiley  LOL! That's awesome!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »

STIMULUS JUST PASSED BY HOUSE - HEADING TO TRUMP'S DESK NOW - JUST AN FYI

They "overruled" the parliamentary objection. Smiley  LOL! That's awesome!

Yep - what a giant pile of heartless humanity you must be to get in the way of this after it already stalled for so long
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2020, 03:13:35 PM »

Well said by The Guardian, as per usual:

Trump's narcissism has taken a new twist. And now he has American blood on his hands
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/27/trump-narcissism-american-blood-coronavirus

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2020, 04:36:17 AM »

FDA has fast tracked a new test to get results in 15 minutes allowing for 50k tests a day aimed for hotspots. It will be used in New York starting today i believe. I think they shipped 1 million? There is still a shortage of the swabs but this is huge news.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2020, 08:12:46 AM »

FDA has fast tracked a new test to get results in 15 minutes allowing for 50k tests a day aimed for hotspots. It will be used in New York starting today i believe. I think they shipped 1 million? There is still a shortage of the swabs but this is huge news.

As usual - America may be a little slow to start - but once the full power is unleashed it can be a sight to behold
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2020, 08:25:59 AM »

As usual - America may be a little slow to start - but once the full power is unleashed it can be a sight to behold

Yep and they will be able to ship 50k of these a day. so they will be able to test 5 million a month. The best thing is this is a small 7 pound test kit that can be used in urgent care and doctors office in addition to the ER. This has the potential to be a game changer. We still have a part shortage like swabs to solve but i believe we can do it. If we can legit test 5 million a month we can identify hotspots and quarantining where we need it.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489959-fda-authorizes-15-minute-coronavirus-test info on the test.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »

Meanwhile in Brazil the governors are shutting places down and telling people to stay home. The president is basically saying this is all hysteria and business is more important than people staying healthy.

If you think Trump is doing a bad job, it could be worse. At least he woke up to reality unlike Bolsonaro in Brazil who's still denying it and attacking those who oppose his views.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/27/jair-bolsonaro-claims-brazilians-never-catch-anything-as-covid-19-cases-rise

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »

Let's hope he'll step it up a notch reagarding that. Sets thing in perspective when reading about Brazil, Africa and this starting to spread in refugee camps around the world.

In developed countries, we're lucky if the health care system can handle this. It's a shame when some are qualified for help and some ain't.

This boy was not it seems:
"The family told Parris the teen was complaining of respiratory distress when he first went to an HMO facility, but officials there declined to treat him. The family does not have health insurance. A few days later, the boy was taken to Antelope Valley Regional Medical Center, he said." - LA Times https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-25/a-search-for-answers-in-teens-death-that-may-be-linked-to-coronavirus%3f_amp=true

That's f*cked....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2020, 01:54:23 PM »

Don't think things will be back to normal by Easter. Unfortunately this may need to happen.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/trump-considers-enforceable-quarantine-in-new-york-new-jersey-and-parts-of-connecticut.html

Trump considers ‘enforceable’ quarantine in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »

Don't think things will be back to normal by Easter. Unfortunately this may need to happen.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/trump-considers-enforceable-quarantine-in-new-york-new-jersey-and-parts-of-connecticut.html

Trump considers ‘enforceable’ quarantine in New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticut

Terrible idea doctors are saying because people will flee these areas before it happens and just spread this more and exacerbate the problem. There's major question if he even has the legal authority to do this.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »

Terrible idea doctors are saying because people will flee these areas before it happens and just spread this more and exacerbate the problem. There's major question if he even has the legal authority to do this.

I question where they would go though. Most people don’t have the means to just pick up and leave for weeks.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »

They seem to be making their way already to Rhode Island and Florida.

Our Gov in FL is failing miserably in enforcing the w week self quarantine for new arrivals from hot spots.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2020, 05:33:25 AM »

I question where they would go though. Most people don’t have the means to just pick up and leave for weeks.

Florida, many New Yorkers have summer homes there.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2020, 03:52:11 AM »

Now we have the president on Twitter boasting his daily briefing got better ratings then the bachelorette? You literally couldn't make this shit up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:23:02 AM by tim_m » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2020, 07:14:08 AM »

Now we have the president on Twitter boasting his daily briefing got better ratings then the bachelorette? You literally couldn't this shit up.

Nobody should be surprised after the inauguration hullabaloo. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2020, 07:22:31 AM »

Now we have the president on Twitter boasting his daily briefing got better ratings then the bachelorette? You literally couldn't this shit up.

/jarmo

Indeed.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »

Social distancing guidelines new extended to April 30th. We got another month at least of this. More than likely we have 2 months till life returns to normal. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2020, 08:22:12 AM »

Social distancing guidelines new extended to April 30th. We got another month at least of this. More than likely we have 2 months till life returns to normal. 
Not surprised in the least. I knew from the start it was gonna be 2 months minimum. It's gonna take the rapid point of care tests that can get results in real time like Dr Fauci said yesterday on CNN before we can really start to relax restrictions. He says that is at least a few more weeks out.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:57 AM »

/jarmo

Narcissism has no boundaries
Such a horrible human being
cineater
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2020, 11:13:37 PM »

Don't think that will happen.  China is on a full 3 months and just coming down.  Then there's the risk of it going back up when we do loosen things back up.  Make yourself at home, you're going to be there a while.

That's only my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:36:23 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: