Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151365 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »

Wanted to just check in and see how everyone is coping with this frightening new reality we find ourselves in.  Figured it would get more traction here then in the jungle.

Currently 3 cases in my province, several hundred in isolation. I work at my local hospital and we are already very low on ppe for staff and we haven't even had a case of it yet. Were looking at a very rough next few months to say the least.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »

Just staying away from everybody.  Only a couple of cases around.  Everything is shutting down. 

Hard to know if it's an overreaction or we are out ahead of it and being proactive will keep us safe.  Hopely when it's over people are bitching it was an overreaction and not bitching we didn't do enough.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:48:13 PM »

Personally, I don't think it's an overreaction, considering the situation in Italy.

Not many registered cases in my vicinity, but as everywhere else I'm staying at home for the foreseeable future...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 05:49:53 PM »

Just staying away from everybody.  Only a couple of cases around.  Everything is shutting down. 

Hard to know if it's an overreaction or we are out ahead of it and being proactive will keep us safe.  Hopely when it's over people are bitching it was an overreaction and not bitching we didn't do enough.

Better safe than sorry. We need to flatten the curve as much as possible to keep the stress off the hospitals. Only so many ventilators and ICU beds to go around! Stay safe!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:27:41 PM »

The media is definitely creating unnecessary panic and we may be overreacting and will get criticized for it like Dr. Fauci said. I'd rather we overreact then not do enough. I fear Trump didn't act quick enough and it could legit end up like Italy here. What we need to do is listen to the professionals. Listen to Dr. Fauci, don't panic but follow the guidelines, wash you hands a lot. Don't touch your face unless you've washed your hands. Clean hard surfaces. If you can work from home do so, if you have to go out avoid crowds of more then 10 people. Keep at least 6 feet between you and others. When you get home wash your hands. If you are elderly and have to do grocery shopping stores like Walmarat and Dollar General are dedicating the first hour to senior shopping. Take advantage! I know shopping at 7am in the morning may not be what you want to do but this is going to save lives! The majority of us if we get it will be just fine, this is about saving lives of the most vulnerable so hospitals aren't overloaded and have to make tough triage choices. We are all in this together and if we do this now we will get through it sooner rather then later. If not, we could legit be looking at a year to year and half and multiple waves of this. Please just listen to the doctors like Dr Fauci and we will get through this and get life back to normal. Lets not end up like China and Italy on strict lockdown.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 01:54:45 AM »

Acting "AS IF" - As if I have it (I do not) and everyone I come near has it (they do not)
This will help me be mindful of the taking the necessary precautions and doing what I feel is the goal of all of the madness we see - just limit the spread and let this thing die its eventual death.

Round 1 was won by Covid-19

Round 2 (likely next winter) - hopefully we have gained the insight and knowledge to jump on it and win the fight early

And as a side note I do believe people are now wasting less time on hate, racism and being generally dirty mongrels who don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. The world is a changed place now - what a wake up call, huh?

ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 06:12:40 AM »

Acting "AS IF" - As if I have it (I do not) and everyone I come near has it (they do not)
This will help me be mindful of the taking the necessary precautions and doing what I feel is the goal of all of the madness we see - just limit the spread and let this thing die its eventual death.

Round 1 was won by Covid-19

Round 2 (likely next winter) - hopefully we have gained the insight and knowledge to jump on it and win the fight early

And as a side note I do believe people are now wasting less time on hate, racism and being generally dirty mongrels who don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. The world is a changed place now - what a wake up call, huh?

ok
Yep the bad news is it will be back in the next 12 to 18 months once this first wave is over, the good news is we'll be better prepared. Trust what Dr. Fauci says.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 01:44:49 PM »

Ive taken a hit financially as I'm a small business and about half of my clients I can no longer service as they've closed temporarily due to COVID-19. I think that is the biggest thing for me.  We have 1-2 confirmed cases in my county. But that will go up as we test more.

One takeaway from this is that the  Chinese government  is definitely not our friend and after this is all over we need to make some major changes to the supply chain in this country.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 01:53:30 PM »

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off. Thankfully they have closed the beaches now, but the mentality of a lot of these early 20 something is just moronic. What the heck are they learning in college?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-florida-beaches-ignore-social-distancing/?__twitter_impression=true#

Thousands flock to Florida beaches, ignoring coronavirus concerns

Thousands of people in Florida are seemingly ignoring social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus outbreak. Despite warnings from public health experts, photos and videos show beaches across the state packed with spring breakers.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off. Thankfully they have closed the beaches now, but the mentality of a lot of these early 20 something is just moronic. What the heck are they learning in college?

This seems to be the case all over the world. Unfortunately.

"I'm young, it's like the flu!".

It's not always about you..... What about those around you?

Jeez.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Absolutely! Think about your grandparents, older parents, doctors and nurses! We're all in this mess together. No one is truly safe.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 07:47:52 PM »

If you were to tell me a year ago that in 2020 we'd all be affected greatly by a new pandemic and Tom Brady was going to play for Tampa I would have asked WTF R U  smoking?  Weird year so far.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:28 PM »

If you were to tell me a year ago that in 2020 we'd all be affected greatly by a new pandemic and Tom Brady was going to play for Tampa I would have asked WTF R U  smoking?  Weird year so far.

Amen to that
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-florida-beaches-ignore-social-distancing/?__twitter_impression=true#

Thousands flock to Florida beaches, ignoring coronavirus concerns

Thousands of people in Florida are seemingly ignoring social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus outbreak. Despite warnings from public health experts, photos and videos show beaches across the state packed with spring breakers.

The federal government needs to get more involved. State and local governments are not doing enough. We really need to just shut down for a month or so. Let this shit die out. Then either keep the borders closed for a few more or quarantine everyone coming in.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Exactly! They'll more than likely to be fine, it's about stopping it from getting to those most vulnerable.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 06:18:46 AM »

In Italy we have thousandsof COVID-19 of cases. But the main problem is not the virus itself, which is mainly a flue (whatever they say) but the fact that it spreads so fast...too fast. So u have peaks of tough cases and hospitals can't hold as well as the obituares  Cry. I'm typing from Bergamo so I  know very well the problem. We just have to stay home to relieve the hospitals of the work
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 07:34:25 AM »

In Italy we have thousandsof COVID-19 of cases. But the main problem is not the virus itself, which is mainly a flue (whatever they say) but the fact that it spreads so fast...too fast. So u have peaks of tough cases and hospitals can't hold as well as the obituares  Cry. I'm typing from Bergamo so I  know very well the problem. We just have to stay home to relieve the hospitals of the work

Yep that is it exactly it spreads so easily and you can spread it before you are symptomatic and of course the strain it puts on hospitals. The vast majority recover just fine but , if we don't distance ourselves we give it to those who are most vulnerable to becoming sick enough to require hospitalization.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 08:36:16 AM »

Yep that is it exactly it spreads so easily and you can spread it before you are symptomatic and of course the strain it puts on hospitals. The vast majority recover just fine but , if we don't distance ourselves we give it to those who are most vulnerable to becoming sick enough to require hospitalization.

Plus you can be totally asymptomatic or have very few and small symptoms. For example...I'm sure i've done it already... I never get a flue, never... I was 16 when i did last flue ....Now I'm 36... I've just had almost 2 week of not "feeling well" but  no cough no temperature...nothing. My town is full of people that have little cough, not very high temperature or just like me, they just don't feel well in general and that's it.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Absolutely! Think about your grandparents, older parents, doctors and nurses! We're all in this mess together. No one is truly safe.

I agree that those individuals are being irresponsible, but articles shitting all over millennials seems to be clickbait crack these days.  There were some bonehead college kids partying on spring break in Florida and the media has demonized that to a ridiculous degree.  I work in a financial institution and I'm more startled at the number of elderly people coming in that seem to be giving no shits whatsoever about the risk.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 12:13:15 PM »

The time for sensitivities at offending are over.
We are in a serious situation and younger generations need to smarten the hell up.
Don't care if they are offended - stay out of crowds and treat this seriously like the rest of the world.
If ever there were a time to wear the big person pants - you're looking at it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: