Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151403 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #440 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:05 AM »

Let's hope it works.

Okay, checked this one out.  One of the baseball teams has several members testing positive.  The expert talking about it said 6 feet isn't the magic number.  When you're working out a cough can go up to 23 feet.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #441 on: August 01, 2020, 03:35:04 PM »

Tested negative on day 11 post exposure.  Never had symptoms. No one in my house did either.

Conclusion- Masks work.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »

Tested negative on day 11 post exposure.  Never had symptoms. No one in my house did either.

Conclusion- Masks work.

Great news man, 11 days out i would say you are definitely safe. I believe it takes 2-10 on average to show symptoms. I wish more people would be like you with the masks. It just boggles my mind how inconsiderate people are about it. If we all just wore them and social distanced for a few months we probably could get back to almost normal until we get a vaccine or effective treatment.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:57:38 PM by tim_m » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #443 on: August 01, 2020, 10:21:27 PM »

Tested negative on day 11 post exposure.  Never had symptoms. No one in my house did either.

Conclusion- Masks work.

Good to hear.

My conclusion would be mask might have worked.   hihi  I'm feeling like I need more protection than that.

I'm at this medical place, mask on.  They open the door and call my name.  Walk up and before I know it masked person had a gun to my forehead.  Okay, it was temperature taker and she was a nurse but she was holding it like a gun and it looked like a gun.  A little heads up would have been nice.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2020, 12:36:47 AM »

Conclusion- Masks work.

Good to hear.

My conclusion would be mask might have worked.   hihi  I'm feeling like I need more protection than that.

I'm at this medical place, mask on.  They open the door and call my name.  Walk up and before I know it masked person had a gun to my forehead.  Okay, it was temperature taker and she was a nurse but she was holding it like a gun and it looked like a gun.  A little heads up would have been nice.  hihi
It's strange this isn't the norm at every doctor or hospital. I saw my pcp on Monday, masks we mandatory but no temp check. My best friend had a Dr appt at an actual hospital yesterday same thing, masks but no temp check. You'd think at a hospital they'd be extra careful.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #445 on: August 02, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »

Somebody brought up a good point today.  Your immune system is use to being out among people and has it's defences up against certain things like the common cold and flues.  It's use to fighting off certain stuff.  By staying away from people the defense system relaxes against those things and there is concern when you get exposed to these things again the defense system will be out of shape, so to speak, and you will catch these things easier.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:35 PM »

Conclusion- Masks work.

ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cineater
Legend

« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2020, 11:20:57 PM »

My mailman was out for a month with covid.  He lost 45 pounds and he wasn't over weight.  Never ended up in the hospital.  No clue how he got it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2020, 12:37:46 AM »

Wow that really sucks.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »

It's strange this isn't the norm at every doctor or hospital. I saw my pcp on Monday, masks we mandatory but no temp check. My best friend had a Dr appt at an actual hospital yesterday same thing, masks but no temp check. You'd think at a hospital they'd be extra careful.

Contrast that with my place of employment...you can't walk into the place without a temp check and a mask.  I can't walk into my office...a block off the main medical campus...without the same thing.  We can't use elevator buttons (its all app controlled via your phone)...door handles have temporary, anti bacterial, wrappings on them (changed every 2 hours), and paper towel dispensors next to them so you can pull one out, open the door, and drop it in the waste basket on the other side.

And there are purell dispensers EVERYWHERE.

Combine that with the fact we have mostly moved to a work from home model.  I was already 80% work from home before this started.  I'm now in once a month for meetings.  They've moved the rest of the department...NONE of which was work from home, to the same schedule.  We go in for meetings and to train new employees, basically.

This model isn't going to change post COVID, either.  This is our new normal.  Productivity has gone up and the company is saving on overhead.  This is true of a LOT of the ancillary departments who don't provide direct patient care.  I think MANY companies are probably going to go this route......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

Contrast that with my place of employment...you can't walk into the place without a temp check and a mask.  I can't walk into my office...a block off the main medical campus...without the same thing.  We can't use elevator buttons (its all app controlled via your phone)...door handles have temporary, anti bacterial, wrappings on them (changed every 2 hours), and paper towel dispensors next to them so you can pull one out, open the door, and drop it in the waste basket on the other side.

Combine that with the fact we have mostly moved to a work from home model.  I was already 80% work from home before this started.  I'm now in once a month for meetings.  They've moved the rest of the department...NONE of which was work from home, to the same schedule.  We go in for meetings and to train new employees, basically.

This model isn't going to change post COVID, either.  This is our new normal.  Productivity has gone up and the company is saving on overhead.  This is true of a LOT of the ancillary departments who don't provide direct patient care.  I think MANY companies are probably going to go this route......

As bad as covid has been i think this will be one of the good things to come from it. A lot of this was already starting but covid accelerated it.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2020, 01:18:51 AM »

As bad as covid has been i think this will be one of the good things to come from it. A lot of this was already starting but covid accelerated it.

I think people are a lot happier with the work from home.  Not as many folks on the road.  Get rid of some of those office building.  Keep them from eating out at lunch.  Could be a good thing for society in the long run.

You would think parents would want kids in school so they can work but over half of them are electing to keep the kids home when give a choice between that or school attendance.  It certainly reduces your kid being bullied at school or harmed.  May be a new norm coming for education too.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:39 AM »

You would think parents would want kids in school so they can work but over half of them are electing to keep the kids home when give a choice between that or school attendance.  It certainly reduces your kid being bullied at school or harmed.  May be a new norm coming for education too.

We are keeping our 2 home.  It would be a LOT harder of a decision, but my youngest has reactive airway disease that leads to ARDS when she gets a bad cold.  We're not risking symptomatic COVID with her.  So she stays home and so does her brother.  At least for now.  They're older, though, so there's not A LOT that I need to do for them in terms of riding herd on their education.  Make sure they do their homework and that my son hits the freaking submit button.

Our schools are doing a hybrid model, and, were there no health issues in the house, I'd probably lean toward sending them.

Having said that: Schools are petri dishes and kids...even older kids...can't keep their freaking hands off each other.  My oldest graduated this past spring...outdoor "drive in" graduation in their parking lot, masked to get their diploma and lines with 6 feet of distance between kids. 

As soon as we arrived, these kids (NOT my kid) were out of the cars, many without masks, all over each other.  Snuggling up to take pictures, hugging their friends who they hadn't seen, well within each others personal spaces.  They literally had to send out faculty to roam the parking lot and break the kids up.

I suspect that's going to be every day at school...and our low numbers in CT are going to balloon once school is back in session.  We'll see.....

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #453 on: August 20, 2020, 09:38:13 PM »

Masks are like bras
you're not sure the last time you washed it.  hihi

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #454 on: September 02, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »

Some great news on the Covid front.

Fauci predicts 'safe and effective' coronavirus vaccine by end of year

Sept. 2, 2020, 8:52 AM EDT / Updated Sept. 2, 2020, 8:58 AM EDT
By Elisha Fieldstadt

Dr. Anthony Fauci predicts that a coronavirus vaccine will be developed by the end of 2020.

"I believe that by the time we get to the end of this calendar year that we will feel comfortable that we do have a safe and effective vaccine," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on NBC's "TODAY" on Wednesday.

More - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fauci-predicts-safe-effective-coronavirus-vaccine-end-year-n1239055

Lets not allow 2020 to fuck with 2021.  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #455 on: September 02, 2020, 04:51:43 PM »

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has told public health officials around the United States to prepare to distribute a potential coronavirus vaccine as soon as late October. It also provided planning scenarios to help states prepare.
The documents were posted by The New York Times and the CDC confirmed to CNN it has sent them to city and state public health officials.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/02/health/cdc-covid-19-vaccine-distribution/index.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #456 on: September 02, 2020, 05:31:24 PM »

Some great news on the Covid front.

Fauci predicts 'safe and effective' coronavirus vaccine by end of year

Sept. 2, 2020, 8:52 AM EDT / Updated Sept. 2, 2020, 8:58 AM EDT
By Elisha Fieldstadt

Dr. Anthony Fauci predicts that a coronavirus vaccine will be developed by the end of 2020.

"I believe that by the time we get to the end of this calendar year that we will feel comfortable that we do have a safe and effective vaccine," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on NBC's "TODAY" on Wednesday.

More - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fauci-predicts-safe-effective-coronavirus-vaccine-end-year-n1239055

Lets not allow 2020 to fuck with 2021.  hihi

I would say a generally safe bet.

We are at about 50% enrollment on the phase 3 phizer trial. I would expect they are looking at mid to late november to wrap up phase 3, at the current pace.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2020, 06:51:54 PM »

Guess I better get out there and get my flu shot and get that out of the way.   Wonder if they will vaccine the kids at school again.  They did that back in the 60's.

I can keep isolating.  The rest of you guinea pigs can step to the front of the line.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #458 on: September 04, 2020, 04:12:49 AM »

How many will actually take it though? In addition to just your regular anti vax nuts, you have large swaths of Trumpers that don't trust Fauci. Then of course even more who don't trust Trump.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #459 on: September 04, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »

How many will actually take it though? In addition to just your regular anti vax nuts, you have large swaths of Trumpers that don't trust Fauci. Then of course even more who don't trust Trump.

Schools, employers, nursing homes are going to require it.  People are basically stuck getting it.  My question is who's paying for this?  States are being told they are the distributors.  What's the rest of the world think?  Have they developed something too?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: