Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:36:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151408 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #460 on: September 04, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »

Schools, employers, nursing homes are going to require it.  People are basically stuck getting it.  My question is who's paying for this?  States are being told they are the distributors.  What's the rest of the world think?  Have they developed something too?

Probably, eventually.  Not right out of the chute.  Right out of the chute, they are going to likely (if the plan being shared with pfizer is the way things go) target high risk groups, healthcare workers, and front line workers in that order.  I would expect more public availability to be some time in mid winter.

We got our data update yesterday.  PFizer has now enrolled about 2/3 of the patients we need (30k) and will probably have phase 3 results in late October/early November.  Faucci is, I think, pretty close on timelines here.  Late November/Early December sounds plausible, DEPENDING on the results of the trial.  

I would guess mandates start to roll out in mid to late 2021.  By then, production should be able to handle that kind of volume.  You can't roll out a mandate until there are enough vaccines distributed to hit everyone, because you can't hold people accountable with their jobs if they can't find a dose.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #461 on: September 04, 2020, 01:00:51 PM »

Russia's COVID-19 vaccine showed antibody response in initial trials

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-russia-vaccine/results-of-russias-covid-19-vaccine-produced-antibody-response-the-lancet-idUSKBN25V1I2?il=0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #462 on: September 04, 2020, 09:50:03 PM »

Looks like Australia is getting close too.   https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/australia/australia-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-intl-hnk-scli-scn/index.html

And China is working in phase 3.  https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-08-29/Four-Chinese-COVID-19-vaccines-undergoing-phase-3-clinical-trials-TlfVjaYUSI/index.html

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:53:53 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #463 on: September 07, 2020, 07:16:44 AM »

Schools, employers, nursing homes are going to require it.  People are basically stuck getting it.  My question is who's paying for this?  States are being told they are the distributors.  What's the rest of the world think?  Have they developed something too?

Probably, eventually.  Not right out of the chute.  Right out of the chute, they are going to likely (if the plan being shared with pfizer is the way things go) target high risk groups, healthcare workers, and front line workers in that order.  I would expect more public availability to be some time in mid winter.

We got our data update yesterday.  PFizer has now enrolled about 2/3 of the patients we need (30k) and will probably have phase 3 results in late October/early November.  Faucci is, I think, pretty close on timelines here.  Late November/Early December sounds plausible, DEPENDING on the results of the trial.  

I would guess mandates start to roll out in mid to late 2021.  By then, production should be able to handle that kind of volume.  You can't roll out a mandate until there are enough vaccines distributed to hit everyone, because you can't hold people accountable with their jobs if they can't find a dose.

Aren't all these companies making hundreds of millions of doses whether the vaccine shows efficacy or not? So they can hopefully rollout faster?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:46:40 AM by tim_m » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »

Aren't all these companies making hundreds of millions of doses whether the vaccine shows efficacy it not? So they can hopefully rollout faster?

I thought I saw a report on that too.  And there's the report states are being told to get ready to disperse the vaccines.  Says to me they will vaccinate the kids in schools.  But they are saying high risks groups first which doesn't include the majority of people.  Once there is a vaccine I can see people being done with masks and social distancing.  It may spread faster.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #465 on: September 07, 2020, 10:48:18 AM »

Jus fyi, please forgive any spelling errors i make in the next few days. My dumbass cut my pinky pretty good with some scissors and typing with the finger bandaged isn't easy lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #466 on: September 07, 2020, 11:33:20 PM »

Jus fyi, please forgive any spelling errors i make in the next few days. My dumbass cut my pinky pretty good with some scissors and typing with the finger bandaged isn't easy lol.

I do that with my pruners every once in a while.  Those hurt and take forever to heal.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #467 on: September 11, 2020, 12:41:21 PM »

We got some good news on the covid front.  Death rates peeked in May at 11 percent.  While it's spreading, the death rate is under 1 percent.  Overall death rate is less than 2 percent.  Not sure what all that data means in the big picture but less people have been dying.

Off to get my flu shot, mask in pocket.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »

We got some good news on the covid front.  Death rates peeked in May at 11 percent.  While it's spreading, the death rate is under 1 percent.  Overall death rate is less than 2 percent.  Not sure what all that data means in the big picture but less people have been dying.

Couple of things:

We have gotten WAY better at treatment in the intervening months.  We have learned that things like proning patients and vitamin D supplements and a whole host of other things can effect outcomes.  That has helped our mortality rate a ton.

We are testing more people now...not just the sickest of the sick...so our "n" gets bigger as the mortality figures get smaller for reasons above.  Those things combined lead to a lower mortality rate.

Definitely all good things!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #469 on: September 11, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »

Couple of things:

We have gotten WAY better at treatment in the intervening months.  We have learned that things like proning patients and vitamin D supplements and a whole host of other things can effect outcomes.  That has helped our mortality rate a ton.

We are testing more people now...not just the sickest of the sick...so our "n" gets bigger as the mortality figures get smaller for reasons above.  Those things combined lead to a lower mortality rate.

Definitely all good things!

I assume everybody got better at treating.  It's hard to tell from my state.  We have two metropolitan areas on opposite sides of the state and only two, what would be considered bigger towns.  The rest of the state is rural with smaller towns.  We have areas where the cases are still very low.  But now those areas have kids going back to school and sports teams playing.  I would expect their numbers to start going up and because they don't have medical care easily accessible, the really sick numbers may go up.

I feel bad for the kids who can't play sports.  They were counting on those scholarships to pay for college.  When we are finally back to normal we may see some college teams made up of sophomores and juniors and the senior students in the minority in a few years from now.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

I made the covid news.  hihi  The news station asked for pictures of fun things you were doing being locked down at home.  I sent them pictures of a bunch of decoy ducks I put all over my neighbor's yard.  "Quaking up the neighborhood."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #471 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »

That's hilarious.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #472 on: September 15, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »

That's hilarious.

There was 24 of them.  They were everywhere!  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #473 on: September 22, 2020, 10:58:57 PM »

I was informed today that there are people who think the government is putting chips on the q-tip thingy they put in your nose for the test.  They are also putting chips in the vaccine.   hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #474 on: September 23, 2020, 12:49:08 AM »

I was informed today that there are people who think the government is putting chips on the q-tip thingy they put in your nose for the test.  They are also putting chips in the vaccine.   hihi
Propoganda is a helluva drug.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #475 on: September 23, 2020, 02:22:50 AM »

I was thinking drugs was the solution there.  Somebody has a mental health issue.

I thought about signing up for one of the 'test the vaccine on you' people.  They want people who have increased exposure.  Just the way they phrased it, I don't think I would qualify.  It's a good thing they are testing the vaccine that way.  Sorry for those folks who are in situations where they can't social distance, trapped in places without good air flow or enough PPE.  We have a whole new group of unsung heroes out there.  The crazies make a lot of noise and get a lot of attention while our heroes go about quietly getting the work done.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #476 on: September 27, 2020, 12:41:02 AM »

I was thinking drugs was the solution there.  Somebody has a mental health issue.

I thought about signing up for one of the 'test the vaccine on you' people.  They want people who have increased exposure.  Just the way they phrased it, I don't think I would qualify.  It's a good thing they are testing the vaccine that way.  Sorry for those folks who are in situations where they can't social distance, trapped in places without good air flow or enough PPE.  We have a whole new group of unsung heroes out there.  The crazies make a lot of noise and get a lot of attention while our heroes go about quietly getting the work done.

So they're looking for people who know they have been exposed to covid-19?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #477 on: September 27, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »

So they're looking for people who know they have been exposed to covid-19?

For people who are at high risk for exposure.  Normally I'm at home (party is over at my house) or outdoors with very few people at a distance.  Most days I have no face to face contact with people.  Life is good.  Cheesy

My neighbor just got contact traced out of work for two weeks.  He can't get tested because he doesn't have any symptoms.  The guy he was around said he had come in contact with somebody who tested positive but the guy hasn't been tested either.  The employer is over cautious but is paying him.  The whole department got sent home and told to self isolate.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

Yikes
cineater
Legend

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2020, 01:05:43 AM »

Yikes

I'm buying into the thought it will get worse as cold weather sets in.  People will be back inside and we have the holidays coming up.  Not buying the trick or treat ban.  I'm up here and the kids are down there.  A few seconds to drop candy in the bag.  Not taking that from the kids.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: