Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151303 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #580 on: December 09, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »

Canada's health regulator has approved the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #581 on: December 09, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »

A few allergy issues in England but I think that's pretty normal for vaccines.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #582 on: December 09, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »

My county is the only one in the state with covid numbers going down.  Not sure why but we'll take it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #583 on: December 09, 2020, 10:19:21 PM »

Yeah, the two people in question had history of allergic reactions apparently.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #584 on: December 09, 2020, 10:20:26 PM »

I wish that were true here. My county is a set a record of 716 today, we're down to 5 ICU beds. I know that doesn't sound like much, but we're a county of only 900k.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:26:03 PM by tim_m » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2020, 06:28:14 AM »

It's vaccine review in the states today.  Hopefully they can make a decision.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »

Sweden, the role model for no lock downs, is experiencing the so called second wave that the experts said would happen to all those other countries who did lock downs in March/April.

Sweden is once again doing worse than its neighbors, yet very little is actually done besides keep your distance, wash your hands and stay home if you have symptoms.

Black Friday was two weeks ago. Some thought it was a great idea to crowd in malls and stores. Now we've seen cases spike again.

Restaurants close at 10pm now. Like that's enough.

Gatherings are limited to eight people.

Masks? Apparently they're useless since there's no recommendation on their use.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #587 on: December 11, 2020, 12:48:36 AM »

Sweden, the role model for no lock downs, is experiencing the so called second wave that the experts said would happen to all those other countries who did lock downs in March/April.

Sweden is once again doing worse than its neighbors, yet very little is actually done besides keep your distance, wash your hands and stay home if you have symptoms.

Black Friday was two weeks ago. Some thought it was a great idea to crowd in malls and stores. Now we've seen cases spike again.

/jarmo

At least America is not alone with anti mask silliness.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #588 on: December 11, 2020, 06:18:05 AM »

At least America is not alone with anti mask silliness.

Here it's more based on the fact that it's not recommended.

The health department doesn't even recommend using one. World Health Organization has, but Sweden still knows better.

It's kinda like saying that you don't need a seat belt if your car has airbags. Seems like here the thinking is that just distancing is enough. Well we've seen plenty of cases where distancing is impossible.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #589 on: December 11, 2020, 06:56:13 AM »

/jarmo

I am still amazed that there is no consensus on masks - worldwide
The initial advice on masks in the US early was so wishy-washy if you look back now.
Until this thing is under control - it is beyond me how someone would not want to wear a mask in public at least.
Why even take the chance at this point.
Even for those who believe this is an over-hyped situation with inflated numbers - there are too many dead who have caught this wicked virus

Personally I am not into lockdowns and shutdowns of business - but this topic is senseless
cineater
Legend

« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2020, 09:23:35 AM »

I'm wondering if we can start thinking about trashing the masks or maybe not.  Is this thing going to mutate and we're going to have years of mask wearing while the vaccine is tweaked?  Is it really coming to an end? 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2020, 09:52:40 AM »

I'm of the belief that, if there's a slight chance that wearing a mask in places where you're in close proximity of other people (public transport for example), unless it's proven they don't help at all, why not recommend it?

Makes no real sense to me. I don't buy the "it's not been proven to help" or "with masks people think they're safe and don't keep their distance". It's a compliment, not in place of something else.

When you see people wearing masks, you know it's not business as usual. Which is the impression one could get in Sweden.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #592 on: December 12, 2020, 05:31:51 AM »

Good news: The US Food and Drug Administration has authorised the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for emergency use.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #593 on: December 12, 2020, 05:35:50 AM »

Good news: The US Food and Drug Administration has authorised the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for emergency use.

/jarmo

Did you hear Trump threatened to fire the head of the FDA if they didn't approve it yesterday?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #594 on: December 12, 2020, 07:35:26 AM »

That's in the same league of bizarre as when his pal Geraldo Rivera suggested naming the COVID-19 vaccine 'The Trump'.....

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2020, 06:39:22 AM »

The US public will start receiving the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine from Monday after it was authorised for emergency use, officials say.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2020, 10:04:08 AM »

/jarmo

Did you hear Trump threatened to fire the head of the FDA if they didn't approve it yesterday?

Believe the head of the FDA said no such thing happened.
But at this point why not just believe all of the crap out there -
Anyone who doesn't have their lips permanently puckered to Trumps ahole is under the gun right now.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »

/jarmo

Believe the head of the FDA said no such thing happened.
But at this point why not just believe all of the crap out there -
Anyone who doesn't have their lips permanently puckered to Trumps ahole is under the gun right now.

I hope it wasn't true but with Trump you never know.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #598 on: December 13, 2020, 11:40:29 PM »

Okay now what is going on?  Go to Walmart and every toilet bowl cleaner is gone.  Three shelves wiped out.  Only thing left is a few of those things you hang in the tank.  I have cats, can't use those.

I'm thinking a roll of Christmas toilet paper would have been a great white elephant gift for Christmas.  hihi  Could have made a fortune.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »

So they started vaccinations in the USA today...  ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: