Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151256 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #640 on: December 23, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »

Hopefully that doesn't last long.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #641 on: December 23, 2020, 06:39:48 PM »

It amazes me the number of elected officials who get caught violating covid rules.  Not only violating but arguing with store personal to the point the police have to be called.  Then apologizing for their behavior when they realize it was all caught on camera!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #642 on: December 23, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »

California is screaming they may be over run in the hospitals and have to start choosing to treat the patients that can make it and let the others go.  I'm wondering if they will grant them permission to put people out of their misery rather than shove them off in a corner suffering till they die?  Morbid thought but they are getting there.  Maybe the discussion alone would give people pause and take this thing seriously.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #643 on: December 23, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »

California is screaming they may be over run in the hospitals and have to start choosing to treat the patients that can make it and let the others go.  I'm wondering if they will grant them permission to put people out of their misery rather than shove them off in a corner suffering till they die?  Morbid thought but they are getting there.  Maybe the discussion alone would give people pause and take this thing seriously.

Yeah there was video released tonight of people on stretchers lined up waiting to be admitted because they have no room for them.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #644 on: December 24, 2020, 12:45:34 AM »

Yeah there was video released tonight of people on stretchers lined up waiting to be admitted because they have no room for them.

Where's those military hospital ships?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #645 on: December 24, 2020, 12:28:17 PM »

Where's those military hospital ships?

Good question.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #646 on: December 24, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »

We got together for Christmas, no social distancing, no masks and those long overdue hugs.  Wrong but it felt so right after so long.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #647 on: December 25, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »

Was reading through the family history.  My great grandfather died in 1920 of La Grippe aka the spanish flu.  He was a doctor.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #648 on: December 27, 2020, 07:25:07 AM »

Many European Union countries started vaccinations today!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #649 on: December 27, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »

/jarmo

That's great.  Lets get the fuck out of this pandemic.  Cheesy

Had a really cool conversation with my 86 year old mother about life going back to normal.  She started talking about the changes she sees happening and then went back in history to the changes that certain events during her lifetime brought about to normal, daily life when they were over.  She covered the depression, two world wars and the 60's.  Interesting to get the perspective of somebody who lived it rather than read it in a book.  While she may not want to deal with some of the changes she sees coming she's pretty supportive of them.  You think, old people, stuck in their ways but she sees change as a way of life.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #650 on: December 27, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »

/jarmo

Had a really cool conversation with my 86 year old mother about life going back to normal.  She started talking about the changes she sees happening and then went back in history to the changes that certain events during her lifetime brought about to normal, daily life when they were over.  She covered the depression, two world wars and the 60's.  Interesting to get the perspective of somebody who lived it rather than read it in a book.  While she may not want to deal with some of the changes she sees coming she's pretty supportive of them.  You think, old people, stuck in their ways but she sees change as a way of life.

Talking to the elderly can be very humbling
Especially the part when they just lay it out there and are past the sugar coating phase
God bless your mom and all moms still kicking
cineater
Legend

« Reply #651 on: December 27, 2020, 11:30:09 PM »

/jarmo

Especially the part when they just lay it out there and are past the sugar coating phase

She thinks it's crazy the really old are getting the vaccine first.  She thinks the people who have families to support should be getting it first.  Feels she can just stay home a few more months.  That's her generation always making sacrifices.  Wish I had paid more attention when she talked about things like that.  Wow, has she seen a lot of history first hand.

You want to get my mother on a rant?  Start talking about taking away abortion rights.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #652 on: December 28, 2020, 12:56:53 AM »

/jarmo

She thinks it's crazy the really old are getting the vaccine first.  She thinks the people who have families to support should be getting it first.  Feels she can just stay home a few more months.  That's her generation always making sacrifices.  Wish I had paid more attention when she talked about things like that.  Wow, has she seen a lot of history first hand.

You want to get my mother on a rant?  Start talking about taking away abortion rights.  hihi

Your mom sounds awesome, seems like she and i would agree on a lot of things politically.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #653 on: December 28, 2020, 11:05:39 AM »

/jarmo

Your mom sounds awesome, seems like she and i would agree on a lot of things politically.

My mother gets talking about abortion rights and it becomes pretty clear my siblings and I were unwanted pregnancies.  hihi  She felt very much trapped in the role women had in society.  She divorced her first husband which was taboo at the time.  You can hear the betrayal in her voice when she talks about how she had to get her mother to testify the marriage needed to be terminated, none of her friends wanted to be involved with that.  I get the feeling my father, also divorced, wasn't so much a love thing as a solution to being a social outcast.  She likes us all now.  Cheesy  But she feels cheated by the pigeon hole society had/has for women.  Get her started and the woman has an opinion!  Other than that she doesn't have much to say about politics.  She voted against Trump because she just waste her time describing what a mess he is, not because she sided with the Democrats.  Normally she doesn't go out to vote.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #654 on: December 28, 2020, 11:16:52 AM »

Come to think of it, you ever wonder why when you fill out a form there's a box for divorced.  Is there some reason for that distinction other than single and married?  Or is that just something leftover from that time when it mattered to your social status?  I can never figure out why that box is there.  Check it anyway and move on.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #655 on: December 28, 2020, 01:25:46 PM »

Come to think of it, you ever wonder why when you fill out a form there's a box for divorced.  Is there some reason for that distinction other than single and married?  Or is that just something leftover from that time when it mattered to your social status?  I can never figure out why that box is there.  Check it anyway and move on.

Eh - they just want to know if you're finally happy

Grin
cineater
Legend

« Reply #656 on: December 28, 2020, 01:29:20 PM »

Eh - they just want to know if you're finally happy

Grin

rofl  I'm going to smile everytime I check that box from now on.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #657 on: December 28, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »

/jarmo

My mother gets talking about abortion rights and it becomes pretty clear my siblings and I were unwanted pregnancies.  hihi  She felt very much trapped in the role women had in society.  She divorced her first husband which was taboo at the time.  You can hear the betrayal in her voice when she talks about how she had to get her mother to testify the marriage needed to be terminated, none of her friends wanted to be involved with that.  I get the feeling my father, also divorced, wasn't so much a love thing as a solution to being a social outcast.  She likes us all now.  Cheesy  But she feels cheated by the pigeon hole society had/has for women.  Get her started and the woman has an opinion!  Other than that she doesn't have much to say about politics.  She voted against Trump because she just waste her time describing what a mess he is, not because she sided with the Democrats.  Normally she doesn't go out to vote.

Thins have certainly changed a lot for women in her lifetime. She must have incredible stories to tell.

My mom never voted prior to this year, she voted for Trump. She's totally indoctrinated by him like whoa. You should hear the crazy shit she believes and spouts and her total misunderstanding of how the election process and our government works. She openly admits she skipped social studies in high school. So that explains a lot lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #658 on: December 28, 2020, 10:59:57 PM »

You have to wonder what the guy's perspective is of the changing role of women.  Personally I can see some problems with taking the primary caregiver of the family out of the household for work.  Change happens, it's not all good but it keeps happening, go with it.  Cheesy

Anyway, back to covid.  Lets just get through this.  I participated in the super spreader event.  Waiting to see if my luck ran out.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #659 on: December 29, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »

The news did a thing on mom's getting robes for Christmas.  The absolute worst gift for a mom.  It's suppose to be symbolic of luxury.  Just another fucking reminder you have no time to or desire to take care of yourself when you've got a family to take care of, throw on the robe and get to it.  And these folks don't have a clue about anything about you other than then that mom roll.  They gave you a fucking robe, probably in the wrong color.  I could go on about the robe gift but back to covid.

As I said I took extra care with the Christmas packages this year to make them beautiful.  Might be folks last Christmas.  My mom sat there with her big gift on her lap, too beautiful to open.  She liked the paper.  She liked the ribbon.  And the tag said from Santa.  How long has it been since she got a Santa gift?  It would have been good enough right there but I so got her this year.  She got a toy, a new technology toy.  One of those WiFi picture frames.  Of course she didn't know what that was.  As I sat there watching her wonder as we sent pictures to it from our phones, I knew I surprised her.  She even called me the next day in her sleepy morning voice to talk about it.  Thank you covid for making me slow down and do something special for my mom.  It was a wonderful gift for me too.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: